OMG! Look at these hybrids and rare fishes!

• Senior Reefer

Isnt this flavogattus anthias?

a similar species found in new caledonia. probably started out as a geographic variant but developed distinct DNA over time.

it's currently undescribed but recognized as a new species. the original collectors were quality marine.

it is now tentatively labelled as Pseudanthias sp, and known as sunrise anthias.

it is similarly colored and belongs in the lori-flavoguttatus. the female form is distinctly different from P. flavoguttatus.

• Senior Reefer

some pics of the nahackyi angelfish recently photographed and video in hawaii.

Nahackyi angel is endemic to johnston atoll, a military base where no collection is allowed. however very rarely, they are swept in their larval stages to hawaii as waifs and settle there. there have been isolated documented occurences of nahackyi angels living in hawaii, and this is one of them. there are a handful around there and bruce carlson found some there too.

anyway this one was found in a no collection zone in hawaii, so only pics.

gorgeous isn't it?

post-0-0-61044900-1381513471_thumb.jpg

post-0-0-45131100-1381513476_thumb.jpg

Nahackyi angel is endemic to johnston atoll, a military base where no collection is allowed. however very rarely, they are swept in their larval stages to hawaii as waifs and settle there. there have been isolated documented occurences of nahackyi angels living in hawaii, and this is one of them. there are a handful around there and bruce carlson found some there too.

gorgeous isn't it?

Beautiful!

gorgeous isn't it?

One of the best looking member of the multi-color complex!

Body of a joculator and an extremely defined cap of a multi-colour

• Senior Reefer

One of the best looking member of the multi-color complex!

Body of a joculator and an extremely defined cap of a multi-colour

nahackyi angelfish is such a handsome species.

the crown is many times bigger and more defined than multicolor. and you are right the body is that of joculator! nahackyi, hotumatua and colini are my 3 favorite centropyge,

• Senior Reefer

Blueharbour shop tour by ChingChai

so nostalgic!! i feel like i am in his shop. brings back memories. some things have changed but the fish selection is still impeccable! i LOVE that aequalis wrasse!!

so nostalgic!! i feel like i am in his shop. brings back memories. some things have changed but the fish selection is still impeccable! i LOVE that aequalis wrasse!!

His shop got so much more to see now compared to the last I went..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp