Crept's 24G Journal...

Crept

oh.. okie.. you can try resun nano skimmer.. wet skimmate but still does it's job decently well.

hydor nano would be good! i'm using it now for lps and softies as well. flow is about 900l (if i am not wrong) so it's just nice IMO

did the chiller the same way as you! however i used the 3 compartment for the return pump.. =]

yup i hear many good thing abt the resun nano skimmer, its cheap too rite?? :paiseh:

erm hydro nano? ahh yes i've seen a few ppl use tis too... in the planning process to have one one... still considering though...

Thanks for the recommendation bro raydiative.

Btwn, my return pump is also in the 3rd compartment... Wat do u have in the 1st and 2nd?? :eyeblur:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crept, thanks for your pictures!!!

I see that you had the hose went thru the hole of the hinge, will this affect the opening of the hood?

I seen others had their back of hood cut up for access. what will be the flowrate needed for the return pump to chiller?

I had a old resun cl280, can't fit into the cabinet! so had to just put behind the cabinet.

Heres the picture of the hood, i hope u find it useful....:upsidedown:

Close up of the hose in hood

post-9366-1221056313.jpg

Picture of both hose

post-9366-1221056393.jpg

how doe the resun nano skimmer looks like/works?

able to put into the back chamber with the hood closing nicely? or will need a sump? thinking of doing a sump since my chiller couldn't put in. haha.

where could I get this?

yup i hear many good thing abt the resun nano skimmer, its cheap too rite?? :paiseh:

erm hydro nano? ahh yes i've seen a few ppl use tis too... in the planning process to have one one... still considering though...

Btwn, my return pump is also in the 3rd compartment... Wat do u have in the 1st and 2nd?? :eyeblur:

crept, thanks for your pictures!!!

I see that you had the hose went thru the hole of the hinge, will this affect the opening of the hood?

I seen others had their back of hood cut up for access. what will be the flowrate needed for the return pump to chiller?

I had a old resun cl280, can't fit into the cabinet! so had to just put behind the cabinet.

Not at all it doesnt affect the opening and closing of the hood, infact it fit in nicely.. no problem at all....

erm currently im using Hydor Seltz L20 Aquarium Pump (700 l/h) as my return pump... :pirate:

so far ok i guess... :unsure: u can try Hydor Seltz L25 Aquarium Pump (1000 l/h) for a higher flowrate

erm wat cabinet u using? :eyeblur:

Im currently using the below cabinet for my tank.

post-9366-1221097123.jpg

how doe the resun nano skimmer looks like/works?

able to put into the back chamber with the hood closing nicely? or will need a sump? thinking of doing a sump since my chiller couldn't put in. haha.

where could I get this?

erm i seen before somewhre, it can actually fit nicely in the back chamber, however i not so sure tht it can be close nicely.. Mayb other can enlightened us??

i guess sump is always a good choice for marine tanks, i tink it keep the system more stable.

More equipment too can be put in the sump.... bt im hoping that the nano back chamber to be good enough.. :upsidedown:

:thanks:

• SRC Member

no worries at all, first time doing nano so not sure if my arrangement for the filter is correct..

1st chamber - Filter wool, rowa, carbon , Filter wool

2nd chamber - resun skimmer, filter wool to minimise bubbles

3rd chamber - return pump -> Chiller -> output

what did u use for filteration?

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
erm i seen before somewhre, it can actually fit nicely in the back chamber, however i not so sure tht it can be close nicely.. Mayb other can enlightened us??

i guess sump is always a good choice for marine tanks, i tink it keep the system more stable.

More equipment too can be put in the sump.... bt im hoping that the nano back chamber to be good enough.. :upsidedown:

:thanks:

you can try like how scubajazz did the skimmer (see link below)

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...80&start=80

bro, is your return pipe from the chiller back to the first chamber?

no worries at all, first time doing nano so not sure if my arrangement for the filter is correct..

1st chamber - Filter wool, rowa, carbon , Filter wool

2nd chamber - resun skimmer, filter wool to minimise bubbles

3rd chamber - return pump -> Chiller -> output

what did u use for filteration?

Yup same, goes for me too, its my first nano too.... :eyeblur:

1st chamber - stock sponge

2nd chamber - LR rubble

3rd chamber - return pump, chiller feeder pump

So u r using the resun skimmer, is it effective?? :unsure:

you can try like how scubajazz did the skimmer (see link below)

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...80&start=80

bro, is your return pipe from the chiller back to the first chamber?

ah yes, i think theres where i read abt the resun skimmer.. nicely done by bro scubajazz... :whistle

Yes my return pipe is from the chiller is in the first chamber..... wat abt urs??? :paiseh:

• SRC Member
Yup same, goes for me too, its my first nano too.... :eyeblur:

1st chamber - stock sponge

2nd chamber - LR rubble

3rd chamber - return pump, chiller feeder pump

So u r using the resun skimmer, is it effective?? :unsure:

well.. the skimmer is not bad for it's size! considering that it still draws out skimmate which still stinks.. just that the skimmate is quite wet..

• SRC Member
ah yes, i think theres where i read abt the resun skimmer.. nicely done by bro scubajazz... :whistle

Yes my return pipe is from the chiller is in the first chamber..... wat abt urs??? :paiseh:

yup.. just follow his way.. it works decently well! and that's the only way you can squeeze the skimmer in.. hahaha

you may like to consider placing the return pipe straight to the output of the tank.. as your input for the chiller is in your last compartment and your return is at the first, your chilled water mostly circulate in the back chambers only.. IMHO :peace:

well.. the skimmer is not bad for it's size! considering that it still draws out skimmate which still stinks.. just that the skimmate is quite wet..

tht shld be good i guess, as long as its skimming, it shld b good.... :eyeblur:

Tempted to get one of those... well we c hw it goes... :paiseh:

wah finally started ur own thread ah, keep the pictures coming... :whistle

• SRC Member
tht shld be good i guess, as long as its skimming, it shld b good.... :eyeblur:

Tempted to get one of those... well we c hw it goes... :paiseh:

wah finally started ur own thread ah, keep the pictures coming... :whistle

well, its worth the try considering its only 10 bucks! haha.. and i think its the only one in the market that can fit into that tiny chamber.. haha

yeah! thanks for the encouragement.. not much pics though.. :paiseh:

well, its worth the try considering its only 10 bucks! haha.. and i think its the only one in the market that can fit into that tiny chamber.. haha

yeah! thanks for the encouragement.. not much pics though.. :paiseh:

well was thinking of giving natural filtration a try first, been reading alot abt it...

First time doing it also, so hopefuly i dnt screw up big time... :pirate:

Where do patronise ur fishes and corals?? :paiseh:

• SRC Member
well was thinking of giving natural filtration a try first, been reading alot abt it...

First time doing it also, so hopefuly i dnt screw up big time... :pirate:

Where do patronise ur fishes and corals?? :paiseh:

do let me know how did your natural filtration goes! =]

normally go to pasir sir farm or AM go get my corals and fish... will visit GO soon though.. =]

bro, pls don't feel offended.... you keeping filter feeder coral & 'hard to keep' coral in your tank.....

with minimal equipment that you have, if you able to sustain these corals.... it will be a great achievement....

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

bro, pls don't feel offended.... you keeping filter feeder coral & 'hard to keep' coral in your tank.....

with minimal equipment that you have, if you able to sustain these corals.... it will be a great achievement....

No worries, none taken bro xxx, infact i appreciate all the feedback everyone have given. :thanks:

i guess i read too much abt these "natural" thing, so just giving it a chance. :paiseh:

Between, great tank u have there bro xxx, a dream for everyone.

Well, i will keep u guys posted of my adventure...

Its only been a month plus, so i cant really say anything good or bad abt it.

Nuthing change so far, will give u guys the verdict in 6 mths time or as when it didnt turn out ok... :thanks:

Bought some chaeto from bro kenyo last week, added it to the disply tank.

Thank You so much bro kenyo, ur chaeto doing great and growing very well. :thanks:

Also added some fish last thursday.... :paiseh:

Fishes still doing fine so far .... :eyeblur:

Will update wth photo soon... :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Today is one of the saddest day of my life, when on a trip for two days... went i came back today, found that my chiller had unexpectedly stop functioning properly... the tank water was warm.... :cry: 6 of my fishes and clam died.. :cry:

After inspecting the chiller, it was still running w/o kicking out however no cold water was given out :cry:

Since chiller was still under warranty, i called the company whch responded very fast, approximately 2 hrs later they came to my house... excellent service..

A big disappointment that it was only used for about 2 mths before ginvg way...:cry:

The technician replace the chiller "control panel", the old circuitary board seem fried, was told that this was a common problem :ooh: ... anyone heard of this problem before???

I did ask y this fault occur, technician told me:

1)ventilation not good enough, chiller too hot, air ciculation nt good enough--->> didnt really buy this... the front and back of my chiller is totally open, the frnt have all the air it need, while there a big gap betwen the wall and the back of the chiller

2)this is my first chiller so im not so sure hw it supposed to run, so i explain to him hw my chiller usually kick in and out.

Fyi,my chiller kick in every 15 or 25min (depend on temp) and kick out after 3 to 5min -->>> which he said is nt normal... :ooh:

After checking, he told me that my chiller pump is in the wrng chamber and this will lead to frequent kick in and out.. thus might also lead to the board been fry. Since, im new at this, my friend is the one who set up the chiller and pump. 1st chamber return hose.... 3rd chamber chller pump. Any comment on this??? IM LosT... :cry:

Now monitering the chiller, surviving fish and the rest of the corals.... :cry2::cry2:

Take it easy bro.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Very nice layout you have there... but you have chosen some pretty tricky species... some known to perish over time. All the best to you :)

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Thanks bro... Jst wana find out the root of the problem, dnt wan it to happen again... :eyeblur:

Did your blue and red sponges died also? If yes most like these sponges nuke your tank and kill your fishes. I think the fishes are not sensitive to temperature.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10

Very nice layout you have there... but you have chosen some pretty tricky species... some known to perish over time. All the best to you :)

Yup im aware of these tricky species... my bad for buying on impulse... :unsure: im sure nt to buy them again.... :thanks:

Did your blue and red sponges died also? If yes most like these sponges nuke your tank and kill your fishes. I think the fishes are not sensitive to temperature.

the blue sponge was already transfered to another tanks.... still doing well.... the red sponges still alive... dnt think they are the one responsible for killing the fish...

actually this happen to me two week ago,i came back frm wrk to find that all the fishes breathing heavilly, looking stress, the tank was nt cold, i thought i accidentally had swtch off the chiller, after i off and on again the chiller, it seem to be wrking normally and start to cool the tank abt 2 hrs time,the fish was okey the next day after the temperature remain contant.... didnt knw that the chiller problem was persistenting... :cry2:

when i gt hme yesterday, it was a hot day, the tank temp was abt 30-31..water was way way warm, most of the fishes were dead... :cry2: I tink wth the chiller nt wrking and the lights(i had the light on with timer) been on and wth the hood close, it contribute to the raise in temperature.... :cry2:

so guys does the wrong placement of the chiller pump in chmber 3 contribute to the failling of the chiller??? Ur opinion pls..... :thanks:

the blue sponge was already transfered to another tanks.... still doing well.... the red sponges still alive... dnt think they are the one responsible for killing the fish...

actually this happen to me two week ago,i came back frm wrk to find that all the fishes breathing heavilly, looking stress, the tank was nt cold, i thought i accidentally had swtch off the chiller, after i off and on again the chiller, it seem to be wrking normally and start to cool the tank abt 2 hrs time,the fish was okey the next day after the temperature remain contant.... didnt knw that the chiller problem was persistenting... :cry2:

when i gt hme yesterday, it was a hot day, the tank temp was abt 30-31..water was way way warm, most of the fishes were dead... :cry2: I tink wth the chiller nt wrking and the lights(i had the light on with timer) been on and wth the hood close, it contribute to the raise in temperature.... :cry2:

so guys does the wrong placement of the chiller pump in chmber 3 contribute to the failling of the chiller??? Ur opinion pls..... :thanks:

I know your feeling, it's very devastating losing so much LS like what I felt when my tank broke. It's just misfortune you have the best chiller in the market, it should not fail within 2 months.

RED SEA MAX - BLACK, JBJ ARCTICA DBA-075, HYDOR PRIME 30, VORTECH MP10