Leopard Wrasse

hermitcrab

• SRC Member

Hi there, any expert in wrasse fish, I saw this leopard wrasse at the lfs and is now tempted to buy it. Any one have any experience in the fish. Seen like very timid, always hidding in the sand.

What does it feed on? I research liao seems like it need pods as food, similar to mandrain fish.

• SRC TOTQ Winner

Leopard wrasse is definately reef safe. Yes, it's a shy fish and if you do a google on this fish, it's not a very easy fish to keep. It's best you get this fish if it's feeding and has been properly quarantine. The maldives one is my favourite :D

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member

Leopard wrasse is definitely reef safe. It's a timid fish and friendly fish, not aggressive, and feeds on small invertebrates. But it can be trained to eat pellets and frozen food.

Better have a mature tank with enough of these micro inverts before trying a leopard wrasse. And another thing, a good sand bed is necessary for the wrasse to hide in when stressed. My leopard wrasse hid for 3 weeks, only coming out very occasionally. Now it's always in the open, feeding on pellets, mysis and whatever else it can find.

But I agree with you, it's a beautiful fish :D

• SRC Member

they r onli shy when new to the tank. my leopards stay outside from 12pm to 12am.....juz to add on, if u wan to keep this fish, make sure ur tank have no aggressive fishes that will chase the leopard. this will ensure the leopard will not be stressed n come out more often for food.