Equiptment list for FOWLR Tanks

• SRC Member

Basically i know you will need these equips:

Wavemaker(clean the tank of debris)

Skimmer(Get rid of phosphate build ups)

Fluidised reactor(Get rid of phosphates so no algae build up)

Nitrate Reactor

Hmm that's all i could think off.Most of it to prevent build up of nitrate and phosphates so that algae won't grow that much.

girlone.png

Hi bro, u will need

1) Canister Filter/Sump, I would recommend u to get a sump.

2) Skimmer

3) Light, since yours is FOWLR, FL will do, but u might wan to invest on a T5 HO so that if u decided to switch to soft corals, u do not need to change ur lighting system.

4) Fan/Chiller, minimum a fan for a FOWLR, some don't even use a fan becos the tank temp is below 30 deg. If u use a fan, u need to constantly topup evapourated water or get item 5

5) Auto topup system

6) RO/DI unit, personally i am not using one but would love to get my hand on one.

7) Test kit, impt and not to be ignored.

HTH.

Regards,

Wilson

thanx guys for the input...

I just got a preliminary approval from Wife to use an entire wall in my Living room for the FOWLR !!!!

Now only waiting for my house to T.O.P.

So the tank will be close to 8 feet in Length, however the width I am thinking only about 1.5ft. Is this width too small?

The thing about chiller... is that a must have? Cause my experience with chillers is not so good... they make the living room very hot.

For fish only, may not need it but depends on the fishes you intend to keep 2. " )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
thanx guys for the input...

I just got a preliminary approval from Wife to use an entire wall in my Living room for the FOWLR !!!!

Now only waiting for my house to T.O.P.

So the tank will be close to 8 feet in Length, however the width I am thinking only about 1.5ft. Is this width too small?

The thing about chiller... is that a must have? Cause my experience with chillers is not so good... they make the living room very hot.

welcome to reefing. i'm keeping FOWLR and i had mine customise done 8 feet length also. look cool. if you want a chiller, why not connect it to your air con compressor. this way the hot air will filter out from the compressor outside the house.

for 8 feet lengh. if you staying in flat better ensure the lift cab fit in. for bunglow size is no issue :eyebrow:

welcome to reefing. i'm keeping FOWLR and i had mine customise done 8 feet length also. look cool. if you want a chiller, why not connect it to your air con compressor. this way the hot air will filter out from the compressor outside the house.

for 8 feet lengh. if you staying in flat better ensure the lift cab fit in. for bunglow size is no issue :eyebrow:

Hey bro... we can connect the chiller i mean the titianium coil to our existing air con ??? If that so.. will be way cool :)

By the way any link to your tank setup an pics? Would like to know more.

BTW will be shifting to a Condominium... so dunno 8 FT can fit into the lift ... if not will settle for 6 ft ..

• SRC Member
oh i forgot 1 equipment. Refractormeter. U can get the float type but soon u will ditch it and get a gd one...thts my experience. :P

Last but not least.....welcome to sg reef and welcome to this money sucking hobby.....hahah

agreed to both points!!! nevertheless, welcome. do visit LFS shop and see their setup. that's help not only for your current setup but also your future set up. cheers!

agreed to both points!!! nevertheless, welcome. do visit LFS shop and see their setup. that's help not only for your current setup but also your future set up. cheers!

Yeah.. now I am driving around the island to see LFS setup and get some pointers... any good place where they sell a lot of LS ?

see thread on the LFS locations.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=...617981&z=11

weekly update on LFS stocks

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showforum=25

Iwarna, aquamarin, pacific marine are some suggested ones. Sealife as well, plenty of fishes there, good quality too.

Thanx bro... going thru the listing... tomorrow probably drop by LFS near Pasir Ris

Bro, u must see their display tank setup. If you are confused and need some ppl to advice, you can give me a ring and see whether i am around the area....lol...u can pm me to confirm. All the best.

Yeah.. now I am driving around the island to see LFS setup and get some pointers... any good place where they sell a lot of LS ?

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Bro, u must see their display tank setup. If you are confused and need some ppl to advice, you can give me a ring and see whether i am around the area....lol...u can pm me to confirm. All the best.

Thanx guys for all your help... will go first round scouting first and confirm with you guys for advise !!!

Cheers!!