A Little Tank Update

• SRC Member

hi guys , still building up my LR's bit by bit :lol: Some of you might be wondering what happened to my tank since I last showcased it last month. I'm still waiting for my calcium reactor to arrive and my RO/DI as well. I also need more bags of sand to fill up this huge tank... :whistle this is costing me a bomb :lol: Here are some slightly updated pics but not so much of a big difference though. I don't want to rush and feel like taking my time.... :D The whole set up will probably be ready by January 2004.....before I start stocking up ;) here it is from the begining :lol:

post-7-1069999240.jpg

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Can I ask if you place your tank in the balcony?

Scary ...... imagine the load bearing

Balcony is only a cantilever structure :blink:

yes it's at the balcony.... :lol: I know as I have had some nightmares recently.... :lol: it's probably over a ton now and will increase with more sand and LR's to come.....he..he..he :lol:

• SRC Member
wan,Nov 28 2003, 03:43 PM] wah walkway very dangerous leh.. its like on a plane dats only secured on the side, wait one day the whole walkway collapse.. look out for cracks from the walkway man :D

he...he...maybe you reefers can visit me in changi prison after HDB hand cuff me :cry: don't know if have any report of marine tank crashing down..... :unsure:

• SRC Member

yes it's at the balcony.... :lol: I know as I have had some nightmares recently.... :lol: it's probably over a ton now and will increase with more sand and LR's to come.....he..he..he :lol:

Hey!

stop lauging

I am serious

A cantilever slab and beamwon't take as much weight as in house

Look out for crack line !

If this thing fails, your dead <_<

Then govt starts to step in

All 5 footer and above are ordered to remove

Then all die together :cry:

dino07.gif

• SRC Member
wan,Nov 28 2003, 03:30 PM] if its those kind of flat balcony where below u its another person's house , should be quite ok. but those kind whereby below u is empty right.. umm..

No its not okie

even if there is another balcony below you

that does not alter the risk level

dino07.gif

• SRC Member

thanks! ;) yes it's on balcony

I thought it was beside a pillar...mentioning

Reminds me of my cousin in Pasir Ris whose balcony break off and slanted downwards because he put a 6'x4' bookshelves. He quickly removes the bookshelves and act blur when HDB comes to inspect.

HDB fix it because it was blocking the walkway below. HDB found out that the iron that suppose to hold the bricks was rusty due to water seappage from a small crack on the outerwall.

Lucky for him.

• SRC Member

Hey!

stop lauging

I am serious

A cantilever slab and beamwon't take as much weight as in house

Look out for crack line !

If this thing fails, your dead <_<

Then govt starts to step in

All 5 footer and above are ordered to remove

Then all die together :cry:

of course I know it's serious but if you notice that the cabinet is not solid but hollow and it's only supporting the glass weight of the tank with water and LR. I have used an 8 footer in my previous home with no balcony support at the bottom and it stood there for all the 10 years that I lived. Don't look at the cabinet as extra weight because without the tank I could move it myself. ;)