A Little Tank Update

• SRC Member

"if you take the blue pill, you can continue in this state of the world...

if you take the red pill, i can show you how deep the rabbit hole goes ."

Morpheus

what is the exact quote ah...i kinda forgot :P

:eyeblur:

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
blue specs you wearing bubblegum, so i guess u have chosen the blue pill perhaps? not a bad choice :)

anyway, let's all go watch a movie together one of these days :)

movie????? if only got finding nemo 2.... then will fit our interest really well :lol::lol::lol:

but if im nt wrong science centre got some marine thingy at omimax th.

• SRC Member
oh yeah...i read also the sci centre thing...they are still doing it right? or completed already?

finding nemo 2 will be a sell out HIT...

and another wave of hobbyists again :D

i think lfs outing better..... more fun :lol::lol::lol: im gg tml.... c whether got any hidden treasures :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
monday go ah....

normally what you will see are the aftermath of the weekend raids....

but i wun wet your blanket lah....afterall, you may be lucky to meet a new shipment when you are there :)

nowadays the shipment come fast and furious because of the demand :D

nolah bro.... ur nt being a wet blankie... gg to get live brine shrimp only :P maybe i could get lucky :rolleyes::lol:

yeah...

maybe can pick up some gems that others overlooked during the hustle and bustle of the weekend crowd..

you buying live brine shrimp for your fishes ah...

i suggest you try to get them off live brine shrimp gradually as soon as you can...

adult brine shrimp are essentially not very nutricious...only freshly hatched live brine (baby) has a high nutritional value due to the sacs that they carry...as they grow up... they use up their sacs and not much nutrition left for your fishes also...

try other food for your fish if possible... :)

• SRC Member
yeah...

maybe can pick up some gems that others overlooked during the hustle and bustle of the weekend crowd..

you buying live brine shrimp for your fishes ah...

i suggest you try to get them off live brine shrimp gradually as soon as you can...

adult brine shrimp are essentially not very nutricious...only freshly hatched live brine has a high nutritional value due to the sacs that they carry...as they grow up... they use up their sacs and not much nutrition left for your fishes also...

try other food for your fish if possible... :)

yes bro variety beats even the most ex fish food... im just trying to coax my kole to try to eat floating stuff.... currently it only takes stuff stuck between LR and scraping algae off everythng ;)

one gd sign is tt its pooping alot :rolleyes::P

• SRC Member
yeah..variety is best...over-reliance on something is not good... ;)

as long as its eating well and water conditions are reasonably good...your kole should do well.....they are not too easily afflicted with ich....

anyway, enjoy your trip tomorrow ;)

how sis AP wana join???? ryz??? ard 3+++ too early i havent wake up :P

bro roidan... any advice on my kole? it looks as i its still very use to grazing on surfaces and nt eating floating foods ;) kinda worried my bt gobble them all up first.... and onemore thing... i read an article tt it eats deritus? :blink:

yeah....

every different tang is different...another guy can have another kole tang and yet gobbles down on pellets....

as long as you have sufficient food for them..in terms of nori....pellets...like you said..variety....in due time..they may learn to accept other forms of food...but if it continues to just peck on the rocks...it's just a natural thing for them to do in the wild....

they do eat diatoms...according to some sources...

my chevron is from the same bristletooth family....it pecks on rocks....pellets...frozen food...but not too keen on nori though

• SRC Member
3 +?? where to meet?? SMS u tomorrow...

unconfirmed hor msg me during my wake up time ;) say ard 1?

bro roidan im still quite puzzled bcos it gobbled pellets at lck1** but it would take them at my place... still grazin ;) i even bought the same pellets tt they use but i suspect they add some thng extra to give it tt nice aroma :heh: wander wat tt is :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
i even bought the same pellets tt they use but i suspect they add some thng extra to give it tt nice aroma :heh: wander wat tt is :rolleyes:

Put abit of hot water and stir stir. Make sure its not too wet. Juz damp....Tats wat they do. Now u knw wat to do, if still not eatin. Probably, it haven settle in yet.

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

perhaps on top of it add a bit of the garlic guard from seachem...got flavour enhancer to tempt the fihes a little....

good grieve ....all trying to get BG's kole tang to eat :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Put abit of hot water and stir stir. Make sure its not too wet. Juz damp....Tats wat they do. Now u knw wat to do, if still not eatin. Probably, it haven settle in yet.

tried.... if it floating ard still grazing on the rocks only :(

• SRC Member
perhaps on top of it add a bit of the garlic guard from seachem...got flavour enhancer to tempt the fihes a little....

good grieve ....all trying to get BG's kole tang to eat :lol::lol:

thoght of getting tt actually.... have u tried it? ;)

• SRC Member
Was at the new LFS behind mu****fa...the one at ve***n road...quite nice stocks..but pricing is.. :ph34r: $80 for a frogspawn.. :fear:

sure anot??? sis ap bought for 20 i think... go look at the previous pgs ;)

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
:bow: What is the dimensions of your custom-built tank ? Looks impressive.

And please tell me the shop address.

i think sister ap got it at pacific marine.... could pm her and wait for her reply tmr cos im nt sure ;)

• SRC Member

thoght of getting tt actually.... have u tried it? ;)

garlic-enriched food is good for fish as it boost their immune system...Never had fish with ich in my tank for more than a year after I dismantled my ozoniser when I diligently fed them with the prepared food.

When my tank is up...I will prepare the food. Then I will try my small school of moorishes... :yeah::yeah::yeah: