Yelow Tang not greedy anymore, why?

andyboss

• SRC Member

hi reefers,

i've got a problem here, i have 5 tangs in my tank, 2 of em is YT, when i added em, they were feeding like pigs, but lately, they hasnt been filling their stomach when ever i feed em, they show no interest in the pellet tht i've been feeding em with, even if its right in front of 'em. <_<

N ya, they only eat seaweed when i place it rite @ it's doorsteps, but i dun have so much of seaweed to spare...

it hurts to see their stomach flat ~ =(

any idea how to regain their greediness on pellet back b4 they turn to 'ethiopia tang' ??

hi reefers,

i've got a problem here, i have 5 tangs in my tank, 2 of em is YT, when i added em, they were feeding like pigs, but lately, they hasnt been filling their stomach when ever i feed em, they show no interest in the pellet tht i've been feeding em with, even if its right in front of 'em. <_<

N ya, they only eat seaweed when i place it rite @ it's doorsteps, but i dun have so much of seaweed to spare...

any idea how to regain their greediness on pellet back b4 they turn to 'ethiopia tang' ??

Same goes to my YTs. It eats like pig when i first got him. After a week, it started to lost its appetite and end up dead the next day. :( All of my other tangs are still surviving. I have no luck with YT.

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• SRC Member
Same goes to my YTs. It eats like pig when i first got him. After a week, it started to lost its appetite and end up dead the next day. :( All of my other tangs are still surviving. I have no luck with YT.

omg, bro, u're scaring me, am i gona expect my YT dead when i go back hme today? *touch wood

i am sure there are ways to salvage this problem..

omg, bro, u're scaring me, am i gona expect my YT dead when i go back hme today? *touch wood

i am sure there are ways to salvage this problem..

lol, pray ur YT wont die lio.

YT is a hardy fish. No idea why i have no luck keeping them. Why don't u try soaking the food with garlic guard, etc. Hopefuly urs will start eating soon! :peace:

...and check ur water parameter too.

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

• SRC Member
hi reefers,

Try feeding them with lettuce.

I have noticed the same happens sometimes to my tangs. I just try to vary their diet all the time. Frozen, pellet, flakes, seaweed, chaetos(this was unintentional. floated in the main tank in a net, hoping to reduce nitrate and phosphate, but ended up as Tang FOOD! and they seemed to like it a lot!).

Hi there, my troubled friend!! U may like to try out different types of pellets for your tangs. I have been toggling between Ocean Nutrition Formula 1 & 2 pellets for my Tangs and they hv been feeding well. It will be advisable to give em frozen brine/mysis shrimps and dry veg nori/flakes (OSI/Ocean Nutrition) in every meal.

For my feeding habits which they hv already got used with goes like this... 3-4 tablespoonful of Formula pellets + 2 blocks of brine/mysis shrimps+ dry Veg nori/flakes. Live brine shrimps per pack every once or twice weekly.

I always believe this... Even human will get sick if certain food is serve everyday!!! Thus, spare a thought for your babies... Hehe :) Good Luck!!!

• SRC Member

in case u run short of food, i have alot of dried seaweed to spare, can share with you in case u urgently need it.. just drop me a PM..

but i do believe in varying their diet.. so good luck bro.. :)

• SRC Member

nwyk153, norman19, sheltiejazz, beelim : yea sure bros, i will seek ur advices, varying their diet.

In fact i am in the midst of introducing new stuff as part of their diet, i've been feeding 'em with pellet, (frozen fd, seaweed once in awhile).

vt_snowman87: haa thnx bro for ur offer, will pm u if i really need it! =)