My new room

Firestarter

• SRC Member

I've been planning for quite a long time now to get my room refurnished. Decided to get all my furniture from IKEA.

Let me know what you guys think. Forgot to take pictures of my room before the transition.

Note that I'm not advertising for IKEA. Just want to know your opinions.

Total spent including delivery is SGD 800. <_<

Here's some pictures of my room in planning stages using the IKEA home planner.

post-13947-1226603709.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

In my opinion, not really satisfied with the quality of the products. :angry:

1. Some of the furniture that I opened from the package was scratched and seemed like it was opened up before.

2. Missing parts

3. 2m table top is warping at the center. The middle leg support can't fit because its of the wrong height. :angry:

Overall grading. 6/10

Although they have good customer service, cheap prices, great location (near my place), their products look nice, but have no quality. Even their showroom pieces are in bad condition. But duno why, I still buy from them. :cry2:

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Still haven't found a decent chair because their chairs I think not really good or suitable. However, I'm now in the process of getting the decors done. Next step will be to setup my 2ft tank. :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Personally, I prefer more moving space, so I would shift the bed and desk to the opposite ends, against the walls. Might be a bit warm if the wall is where there is direct sunlight. Managing heat and noise from the tank will be your next challenge. Looking forward to your progress. ^_^

• SRC Member
Personally, I prefer more moving space, so I would shift the bed and desk to the opposite ends, against the walls. Might be a bit warm if the wall is where there is direct sunlight. Managing heat and noise from the tank will be your next challenge. Looking forward to your progress. ^_^

Hi peacemaker, the space between the wall and the bed is currently designated to place my bicycle. Due to limited space in my room, I can't afford to have more moving space although I would like that very much. The table is situated away from the wall because I hate not knowing if anyone sneaks into my room to spy on my work with my back facing the wall. Also, the wall gets direct sunlight in the evenings.

Just some updates, I managed to fit the center leg support of the table, and used 2 G-clamps to clamp both ends of the table top to the 2 support ends. Probably remove the clamps after a week when the table top has bent itself back.

Currently I have 2 locations in mind for my 2ft tank, will post pictures of it soon. :whistle