Firestarter's 2ft Standard tank

Firestarter

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Here's a pic of how I connected my Atman 104 pump with my Skimmer, using a plastic tube. Used cable ties to secure the excess gap. Forgot to take a pic when secured. Will do so in the next update.

post-13947-1229375278.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member
notice tat the seio820 isnt fitted nicely to the hole. Water/small fishes will be able to escape through those gap? Ever tot of silicon the gap?

The gap between the hole and the 'nose' of the seio is about 3mm wide. Its alright if water escapes through, but I don't think fishes will. Silicon the gap will make it impossible to remove the seio in the future.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

VERY VERY BAD DAY for me today. Filled up the tank with water, and tried running all the equipment. It was a disaster. Water got sucked from the seio from the IOS compartment too fast before it could flow back into the IOS. Tried to increase the water level and its just too high, almost to the brim of the tank. Got another headache when I found out the tank sprung a leak at the top. Hai just felt so demoralized. Months of planning and hard work down the drain. Really duno what to do.

Pics will be posted soon. :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

• SRC Member

After a couple of hours spent tweaking the system, I somehow got it under control. I think. I'm letting the system run now for another 30 mins or so to ensure that nothing goes wrong.

Here are the problems identified, and how I managed to fix it.

Problem

1. Seio wavemaker is too powerful, it sucked all the water from the IOS before water from the main could return into the IOS. Keep blowing out air bubbles.Tried increasing the water level up its almost to the brim!

2. There is no excess in the event the skimmer pump fails, the water in the skimmer will flow back into IOS, causing a flood.

3. There is a small leak situated at the brim of the tank, I think its at the bracing. Not really a problem unless the tank is filled to the brim, which in my case, yes.

4. Skimmer pump is making a loud humming noise.

Soultion

1. Removed the overflow 'comb' so the overflow height would be reduced. Placed a container cover on top of the seio to prevent it from sucking air too quickly.

2. Because of the reduced height, there is excess for the skimmer now.

3. Small leak not occurring anymore because of deduced height.

4. Yet to be solved.

• SRC Member

Time to update. I've got the tank running now, so far so good, just posting the pics I took before the problems began.

As promised, pic to show how I connected my skimmer to the pump. Had to remove it in the end and add white tape, because water was still coming through a tiny gap.

post-13947-1229501908.jpg