Firestarter's 2ft Standard tank

Firestarter

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Hai really sad why everything I buy always wrong. First wrong choice of skimmer pump, now wrong fan.

Thanks for the info that the fan is noisy. I thought I got a defective one again.

Bro... I think budget seems to be your first priority, that's why the choice of your equipment tend to hover more towards the lower end products? Most of the time, quality comes with a higher price. It really depends on what you want to achieve to strike a balance between maintaining the bare minimum and being affordable. That aside, your DIY skills have compensated for it. Great job! ^_^

Hello dude,

I think it's better if you get your wirings properly spliced and insulated. Cause the PVC tape cannot really tahan the heat generated by the electric current on a long run. Anytime it may catch fire... and... *censored*

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Hi gouldian, I do agree with you that the best combination for Weipro 2011 is the Atman 104 pump. Wanted to get that but out of stock. Anyway the Atman 104 produces alot of heat. Before I switched to the Atman 304, my temp was 30 to 31'C. Now its 28'C without fan.

I read that Atman 104 is 1800l/hr, and the Atman 304 is 1200l/hr. My skimmer is skimming only after I feed, so I think its still acceptable considering that I only have corals and a couple of fish.

Maybe I am wrong, these are the figures I got from a Chinese forum:

ATMAN-304

规格:

电压:220ä¼

功率:15瓦

扬程:1.1米

æµé‡ï¼š800L/H

尺寸:6.8×5×7(长厚高厘米)

But anyway, as long as your find there's nothing wrong, it should be fine. :peace:

Cheers.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Supporter

Impressive DIY skills bro. I too bought a CPU fan with LED initially but was too big to fit in the gap.... haha...

Now bought another Laptop Fan that came with speed control and 2 fans @ $39.90 with protective casing.

You can check out my thread. The Laptop fan can be found in Challenger...

: )

• SRC Member
Impressive DIY skills bro. I too bought a CPU fan with LED initially but was too big to fit in the gap.... haha...

Now bought another Laptop Fan that came with speed control and 2 fans @ $39.90 with protective casing.

You can check out my thread. The Laptop fan can be found in Challenger...

: )

Yes, I've seen your mod. Would like to know if you on the fan 24/7, and whats the temp of your tank? My fan will lower the temp down to 24'C so I can't run it 24/7.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

Its been sometime since I last updated. I was busy with school, and my lousy cam was kinda problematic.

Much has changed on the setup, one is that I upgraded my lights by adding in a new 36W PL blue tube. Sorry no pics of the mod.

Then I've rescaped as I felt that I have too much LR in my small tank.

Before:

post-13947-1236930696.jpg

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member
nice bullseye rhos u got there..

=)

I dont really know the specific names of the mushrooms that I have. Can you tell me which one is the bullseye rhos?

Its been sometime since I last updated. I was busy with school, and my lousy cam was kinda problematic.

Much has changed on the setup, one is that I upgraded my lights by adding in a new 36W PL blue tube. Sorry no pics of the mod.

Then I've rescaped as I felt that I have too much LR in my small tank.

Before:

bottom left corner of ur tank..

under white light they look nice only from e top..

if u view from side of glass look diff colour,unless under blue light..

its a challenge to maintain its colour but nebertheless trains ur patience for it,,

basically quite easy to keep e only thing to worr is when 1 poylps start dropping off.. its a thrend tht others may also fall off..

• SRC Member
bottom left corner of ur tank..

under white light they look nice only from e top..

if u view from side of glass look diff colour,unless under blue light..

its a challenge to maintain its colour but nebertheless trains ur patience for it,,

basically quite easy to keep e only thing to worr is when 1 poylps start dropping off.. its a thrend tht others may also fall off..

Yes you are right! It only looks nice only from the top. I've been trying to maintain its colour and so far it only looks brown in white light. I think I lost 2 polyps 2 weeks ago, but the rest are doing fine. Any suggestions on how to bring out the colour? I've been dosing aquapharm iodide and aquapharm 5-1 coral food daily. Hope that I'm doing it right.

• SRC Member
bro no offend, but i think u need smaller rocks to scape nicer. Big pcs scaping are kinda limited.

None taken, I've already gotten rid of that huge rock and my scaping now consist mostly of small pieces of LR.

There's still a problem now when purchasing corals attached to big LR.

• 4 months later...
  • SRC Member

Its been a long time since I've last updated, one of the reasons was that I can't adjust my lousy cam to the correct settings. Please bear with the pics, it really seems like I look them in blue light, but its not supposed to turn out blue.

I've been stocking mostly mushroom corals, as I want to make my tank full of them. Some other changes are that I've removed my skimmer and replaced it with an algae scrubber.

post-13947-1248361570_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...