DIYing Sutff..

thc

• SRC Member

Hi, ever thought of DIYing yr own stuff and safe some $$..... It's not totally about saving money, it's the pleasure of seeing the thing you make works. Post yr qn...i may or may not be able to help..but i ll try...

:eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Hi, ever thought of DIYing yr own stuff and safe some $$..... It's not totally about saving money, it's the pleasure of seeing the thing you make works. Post yr qn...i may or may not be able to help..but i ll try...

Do you know how I might be able to create the effect created by a wavemaker without using a wavemaker? I have some internal filters in my tank that only shoot the water out in one direction. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter
Do you know how I might be able to create the effect created by a wavemaker without using a wavemaker? I have some internal filters in my tank that only shoot the water out in one direction. Thanks.

Bro, go to AM Jalan Kayu, u can buy such a device there. I got one for less than $20. Just plug into the pipe where your water output from the filter is. Simple. If the diameter is different, they come with a few adapters of different diameter size, if still cannot, then DIY mod it. I also DIY mod it to fit the diameter of my output pipe....

Happy modding....

:upsidedown:

• SRC Supporter
Another of my DIY..

Bro, where do you get the round acrylic cylinder? I bought a protein skimmer, but the cup's diameter is too huge, thinking of modifying if not get a workshop to fabricate one custom size.... please advise.

Thanks in advance.

• SRC Member

Hi Mitlancer Bro

There is a shop in Tembeling Road (near Joo Chiat) opposite Haig Girl School does sell arcylic cylinder (all sizes). They can also custom make for you as long as you provide the design. This shop is mainly doing export and wholesales and do entertain walk in cutomer. This shop is located next to the coffee shop on Tembeling road so should not miss.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel.../travel_site_1/

• 3 months later...

What type of glue/silicon to use to join the acrylic sheets together that is fish safe?

event.png

What type of glue/silicon to use to join the acrylic sheets together that is fish safe?

For acrylic sheet, the best Adhesive glue is Weld-On and you can buy it from DAMA ENTERPRISE PTE LTD .

less than 1 red note...if I'm not wrong.

DAMA

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
Hi Mitlancer Bro

There is a shop in Tembeling Road (near Joo Chiat) opposite Haig Girl School does sell arcylic cylinder (all sizes). They can also custom make for you as long as you provide the design. This shop is mainly doing export and wholesales and do entertain walk in cutomer. This shop is located next to the coffee shop on Tembeling road so should not miss.

http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel.../travel_site_1/

bro, do they also do arcylic tank? Thinking of doing one.

• SRC Member

WeldON 4 will be good....

weldon 16 lagi better...but difficult to handle...

weldon 42..best, but the application gun cost a bomb...