Nano Reef inspired from www.nano-reef.com

TayHongSiang

• SRC Member

Justin: Yes, definitely will be getting MORE anthias..haha...i still have turtle queen anthias, randall anthias and squareback anthias to add...hur hur...the sun coral u see behind is from comycus...actually i have one more sun coral...but ever since i fed one of the polyps with nudi which i caught..they stop opening...

Comycus: when i got the lyretails from SL, they were already living peacefully in a small tank...so was quite alright...partly also, i already have a couple of female yellow anthias...

Thank you for your compliments :wub:

l7304smr.jpg

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

some pictures of my lyretail anthias...male and female...doing very well currently...

Yap, i concur with the rest that it is looking good! hehe....the sun coral very swee, full bloom!

Btwn, ur sand look very white lei, where got brown algae ah?? <_<

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Member

Yap, i concur with the rest that it is looking good! hehe....the sun coral very swee, full bloom!

Btwn, ur sand look very white lei, where got brown algae ah?? <_<

got lah...start appearing already...photo cannot c coz resolution not sharp...

i just realised my yellow anthias are female squarebacks...if i want to get the males..have to travel all the way to pasir ris..sian...guess i have to check out RB's coming friday shipment..

l7304smr.jpg

got lah...start appearing already...photo cannot c coz resolution not sharp...

i just realised my yellow anthias are female squarebacks...if i want to get the males..have to travel all the way to pasir ris..sian...guess i have to check out RB's coming friday shipment..

Fri RB got shippment again ah? wah.......good good. So how is ur chiller now?? still running for long hrs??

• SRC Member

Fri RB got shippment again ah? wah.......good good. So how is ur chiller now?? still running for long hrs??

yup..this coming fri RB has shipment...i think its one of those midnight show again...but i will only go down on sat...

chiller's perfomance better now...doesn't kick in that often and long...but that is partly because i only switch on 2 tubes of T5...have to monitor further...for LPS and softies is ok...if i want to go into SPS..then will have to save up on upgrading the lights and chiller...that will be long term plan...slowly stage by stage...coz i dun have ah kong to give me money...haha...correct or not bro..

l7304smr.jpg

yup..this coming fri RB has shipment...i think its one of those midnight show again...but i will only go down on sat...

chiller's perfomance better now...doesn't kick in that often and long...but that is partly because i only switch on 2 tubes of T5...have to monitor further...for LPS and softies is ok...if i want to go into SPS..then will have to save up on upgrading the lights and chiller...that will be long term plan...slowly stage by stage...coz i dun have ah kong to give me money...haha...correct or not bro..

haha...ah kong?? Bo pian wan lah, reefing is not a cheap hobby lor. Yah bro, slowly upgrade since the tank gona be with us for the next few years or longer. SPS ah, go for LED in the future at least it doesnt affect the temp much.

Any idea this fri shipment at RB from?

I saw irwana using 'bailing' method for their outdoor pond instead of a CR. Think also quite cost-effective right?

• SRC Member

haha...ah kong?? Bo pian wan lah, reefing is not a cheap hobby lor. Yah bro, slowly upgrade since the tank gona be with us for the next few years or longer. SPS ah, go for LED in the future at least it doesnt affect the temp much.

Any idea this fri shipment at RB from?

I saw irwana using 'bailing' method for their outdoor pond instead of a CR. Think also quite cost-effective right?

no idea from where...if its midnight show..then probably carribean...

there r pros and cons of using CR and balling...but i read in PFK..some reefers do have preference for balling due to better control over the mg, ca and kh...n u dun have top up CO2 gas...except balling requires u to constantly replace the bottles of mg, ca and kh...

l7304smr.jpg

no idea from where...if its midnight show..then probably carribean...

there r pros and cons of using CR and balling...but i read in PFK..some reefers do have preference for balling due to better control over the mg, ca and kh...n u dun have top up CO2 gas...except balling requires u to constantly replace the bottles of mg, ca and kh...

Yah lor, like you mentioned, pros and cons for each set-up. But the bailing part lesser equipments to meddle with....btwn today irwana/GO/Reborn got shippment today right? Probably cos tmr is a Ph!

Btwn AM still got the 'turtle' anthias, i think left 3 as of last nite. hehe....and MB7 Bacteria is in stock!

• SRC Member

Yah lor, like you mentioned, pros and cons for each set-up. But the bailing part lesser equipments to meddle with....btwn today irwana/GO/Reborn got shippment today right? Probably cos tmr is a Ph!

Btwn AM still got the 'turtle' anthias, i think left 3 as of last nite. hehe....and MB7 Bacteria is in stock!

The male turtle anthias suk ka liao when I was there this afternoon...sian..but I got a huge rock of eagle eyes lookalike zoa..that weighs 10kg. ..hur hur

l7304smr.jpg

The male turtle anthias suk ka liao when I was there this afternoon...sian..but I got a huge rock of eagle eyes lookalike zoa..that weighs 10kg. ..hur hur

Oh i saw the 'eagle eyes' last nite, huge rock. Wanted to get it but to huge liao.....Must be quite a good buy right? haha

• SRC Member

hahahaha...ah siang's eagle eyes has a weight of a human baby :lol:

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

Hey I m not kidding...it's 10 freaking kg of eagle eyes and luminous green zoas...for only 25 bucks...will post pic tomorrow...

Reaper...haha yes it's huge...actually there is another super huge rock of deep purple zoa with white rings...it's a piece of raw diamond but I was a little too late

l7304smr.jpg

Hey I m not kidding...it's 10 freaking kg of eagle eyes and luminous green zoas...for only 25 bucks...will post pic tomorrow...

Reaper...haha yes it's huge...actually there is another super huge rock of deep purple zoa with white rings...it's a piece of raw diamond but I was a little too late

Got meh?? Purple zoa with white rings? haha...didnt saw it lei......aiyah later i going to irwana...see any more nice zoas to collect.....hehe

• SRC Member

i was at AM today..

saw the one you're talking about..

left with one big rock...

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

here's some pictures....i've to admit this was a good catch...i wish i got that purple one too...haha...

The thing about AM..they dun bring in a lot of corals n they r usually snap up by reefers secretly...so eveytime i m there i keep bugging them to tell me when is their coral shipment coming...

post-15124-12702875185998_thumb.jpg

post-15124-12702875518641_thumb.jpg

post-15124-12702875924994_thumb.jpg

post-15124-12702876320571_thumb.jpg

l7304smr.jpg

right side of my tank and FTS...as u can c my digital camera captures the brown algae on my sand...

Urs brown algae not so bad lah....if you want can buy some sand dollar, does help to a certain extend. But i think is a new tank syndrome, should go away after u keep ur nutrients in cntrl......btwn good catch of zoas u haf there....hehe..next time frag we can exchange......

• SRC Member

wow, ur 10kg baby is so beautiful :) good catch man...

and other misc...

• SRC Member

wow, ur 10kg baby is so beautiful :) good catch man...

and other misc...

• 1 month later...