Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

dun worry boss,

your patience and experience will pay off....

seriously your piece is very nice...

u can ask edwin how many times i got up and down the 2 stools, how many times i walked between the 2 tanks...separated by the main door....looking at your piece and my piece.....

hope yours eat as well as Dispar's ....mine is a stubborn chap :lol: patronising me by just a few bites of ulva here and there <_<

haha I was like you deciding the one i am getting and the one boss has reserved too...... Also same as you take the stool walk up and down, until edwin also laugh(now maybe i know why he laugh cos my action was the same as you)..... In the end decide to take the one i got due to the fact that boss's AT is too big for my tank....

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, hey! It's RESERVED already!! No point looking! :lol:

I'm afraid my small powder blue & big sailfin tangs may harass my new AT, so that's why my AT is being housed with a big angel and another tang so he'll get used to bigger fishes which may give him trouble.

He's eating now... *crossed fingers*... and I hope he'll adapt quickly in my reef.

Hey, hey! It's RESERVED already!! No point looking! :lol:

I'm afraid my small powder blue & big sailfin tangs may harass my new AT, so that's why my AT is being housed with a big angel and another tang so he'll get used to bigger fishes which may give him trouble.

He's eating now... *crossed fingers*... and I hope he'll adapt quickly in my reef.

Erhmm did i tell you that i was there a few days earlier then you(nah actually was, i was there on that very day when the shipment arrive)..... ;););) Thus definately have more priority in looking than you...... :lol::lol::lol:

LOL!! oh... you mean before I reserved it?

Anyway... you are disqualified already... coz your tank is too small... ;)

yeah told you i was there before you and the sps shipment in PR....... Yah thats why never take what <_<<_<<_<

ahh...

then i know boss's AT is which one..that one the teardrop also nice nice...but one side has 2 white small patches...

tat size and teardrop is a very good combination....but i did not feel comfortable buying it coz of the white patches...hehe

but if the white patches heal and eats well, our boss will be the happiest guy in here, that AT is a sure winner and definite showpiece :lol:

The white patches are faint parallel lines on its side.... I suspect its just damage during handling. No visible deep wounds but more surface discolouration due to scratching.

I'm sure the AT will recover. I was attracted to its bold colours and of course its large teardrop. :wub:

The white patches are faint parallel lines on its side.... I suspect its just damage during handling. No visible deep wounds but more surface discolouration due to scratching.

I'm sure the AT will recover. I was attracted to its bold colours and of course its large teardrop. :wub:

Yup those scratches are definately cuase by poor handling... Will surely recover......

I just realised this thread of Roidan's extremely LONG!!!!

It's like a bloody chat channel!! :lol:

Call now... 1800-Roidanchat! Meet interesting people and perhaps you'll find your partner here! ;)

think my piece the mouth also genna...

the white patch above the upper lip <_<

Watch the upper lip. :ph34r:

My old AT had a mouth infection in my refugium and it became bloody with flesh flapping around. It didn't make it.

That's a common problem with tangs with protruding mouths... they either hurt & damage themselves by dashing into the nets when caught or bashing headon into the glass walls.

You have to give it time to recover from mouth wounds before mixing with other tangs so there's less stress.

I just realised this thread of Roidan's extremely LONG!!!!

It's like a bloody chat channel!! :lol:

Call now... 1800-Roidanchat! Meet interesting people and perhaps you'll find your partner here! ;)

yeah man...200pgs liao... :blink:

boss, can let me have thread priviledge to edit my own thread? sometimes ask you to edit for me abit paiseh also...lol...

cannot allocate thread-specific priviledges ah :)

Nope. Sorry.

Unless I give you your own sub-forum (yeah, I think you deserve it! :lol:). You can be a moderator in your own sub-forum. Hahhahaa!!!

lolz....

u prove some fund la.. then got priviledges already...

hehehe keep us update on your AT...

me tomorrow mostly go get my power blue and brown.. hope they will do well also...

Huh you gonna get 2 tangs together :blink::blink:

Watch the upper lip.   :ph34r:

My old AT had a mouth infection in my refugium and it became bloody with flesh flapping around. It didn't make it.

That's a common problem with tangs with protruding mouths... they either hurt & damage themselves by dashing into the nets when caught or bashing headon into the glass walls.

You have to give it time to recover from mouth wounds before mixing with other tangs so there's less stress.

yeah...

i am not putting the AT back into my system...the dots not terrible but i still net it away...

i do not want this piece to be a live hosting body for ich as a platform to infect the rest of my current fishes which do not have visible ich...but i know my system is carrying a low infection rate....meaning its there, but not visible...not full-blown...

i am already at the closing stages of this tank's development already...too much at stake here, not money....but it's the right timing and chemistry of getting every livestock and corals to the current holding amount....

with money can definitely buy many many times of the current stock amount, but its the luck/chemistry of it all....hehe

will only put it back once i see it really eating well...but from the white patch i observe, it may never get back to eating well, not enough to sustain its body mass i feel...

sigh...my piece should be the first to fall out from this batch of ATs....wish dispar's and AT's AT :lol: every success in their showpieces....

;)

Come on! Don't give up hope so quickly!!! If you isolate yours and give it time, it'll fine!

i have already started making arrangements for my tangs when they get big....

dispar will have my chevron when it's large and lose all it's orange-red colours... ;)

deepblue probably will have my black tangs when they are large since he is planning a 6ft FOWLR system soon... :yeah:

and boss AT will have my AT when it is large if boss wants....provided it makes it...which i seriously doubt so :nc:

Yes dont give up so easily. At least the AT is still fighting for its survival. Who knows that this may become your prized piece given the trauma that it has brought you.

Too bad my tank is too small and immature to keep such a nice fish.

hope so,

my AT says hi to all of you and thanks for all the well wishes :)

post-34-1081156181.jpg