Roidan's Reef (I)

roidan

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i saw a good true sine wave inverter in sim lim tower...its the cotek brand..metallic blue casing...damn cool looking...rated about 600W continuous pure sine wave output...about 400plus SGD....

another brand...Geni@s Pow#r....they have a pure sine wave version also...highest wattage about 300W continuous, 1000W peak surge output....it is good enough for lights and other use...but don't waste your time trying it on your expensive pumps like eheim pump for long period of time....cannot tahan...my personal opinion...

anyway, singapore power seldom lose power also lah...its just kiasu safeguard :)

Sounds like way too $$$ but if you ever experience a blackout and then get a massive dieoff worst right?

If I do get a power backup, it will be for powering a ph for internal circulation only. Like that 230Ah can last for quite long time.

No need to use CAI, at most add a fan to draw in cold air into your cabinet can already. Or youl like those shinny aluminium pipe???

Sounds like way too $$$ but if you ever experience a blackout and then get a massive dieoff worst right?

If I do get a power backup, it will be for powering a ph for internal circulation only. Like that 230Ah can last for quite long time.

No need to use CAI, at most add a fan to draw in cold air into your cabinet can already. Or youl like those shinny aluminium pipe???

can last u whole weeks on 230AH.. :D

problem with those starter battery, cycle one time and the batter kapu liao.

Need deep cycle ones. Anyway price not much difference cost a bit more only.

Care to share what's deep cycle & starter battery? I open up my UPS and saw a concealled battery like the one in my car.

I use the UPS to charge my 12v battery too :D

Starter battery or called cranking battery aka car batteries, those you found use in automobiles used for starting the engine. They are design to give a high current for a short duration, eg to start the car engine. Should not drain more than 30% of the capacity and need to charge them back immediately. The plates used in these batteries have thin lead coatings and big surface area for high surge current. The problem with them is due to the thin lead, they tends to drop off and then the battery lose capacity. That is why if you forget to turn off the car headlights and the battery get drain off too much, you need to change the battery already because the lead plate are already damanged.

Deep cycle batteries have much thicken lead plates but smaller surface area and can be drain down to as low as 10% of the rated capacity and then charge back to full capacity, they works great as long within the life cycle of the battery. They are not so suitable for cranking cos their surge current is not as high as the cranking batteries.

You can buy the Trojan deep cycle batteries from YHI. One 115Ah (25kg) cost me $150. You need a proper charge to charge them, don't use those car battery chargers, you'll kill them by overheating them.

yeah..breaking in..but no foaming unlike the weipro 2014..thus me panick..hehe

ok..will let the water level be there first..

i make it 1.021 currently...

got one time the watever level almost covered the fitting...thus i put an airtube there now to prevent water from entering into that hole..lol..

i seriously know nutz about this skimmer..hope bro yazid share his light with me

I don't think water will flow in through there and create a catastrophic event of happenings.

you want foam? use Nutrafin Anti-Chlorine. confirm can see foam one. :P

let the skimmer break in for a few days. once you start adding in unwashed material like sand/rocks, you'll start seeing brownish foam at the water tower itself. I tried turning the gate valve so that the damn foam will rise to the top, but it just overflowed after a while. gave up and just let it sit in the center of the water tower and let the foam creep up by sheer volume.

working like a charm so far for me. but the skimmate is still quite watery. so yah.