My FOWLR tank

hammy

Hey guys, after procrastinating for sometimes, finally back into reefing.... but this time go into something more managable FOWLR... with the electricity bill soaring high, now i do not need to ON my MH and chiller for a long considerable time but just on as and when i need it.

thing is easy for me for this time round, i basically took over the tank and equipment from another reefer and save the trouble running around.

filtration: Deltec APF 600 my bias choice

wave maker: MP40W, tunze 6065, and wavysea w return OR 6500 ( what was i thinking of having so much flow in fowlr :rolleyes: )

chiller: arctica 1/3hp OR 3500

lighting: 2 x 150w MH and 2x54w ATI Powermodule

will try to include more quality pic ... =)

post-2385-1230393797.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

really gotton lazy this time round... just use golden octopus rock which is also from the reefer's tank and scaping need like 5 minutes. i didnt scape lah... merely put the stuff in the tank . haha

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

really gotton lazy this time round... just use golden octopus rock which is also from the reefer's tank and scaping need like 5 minutes. i didnt scape lah... merely put the stuff in the tank . haha

*Ahakz* Love your butterfly n ur french angel(?). Welcome to the FOWLR realm! U will enjoy it. :look:

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

*Ahakz* Love your butterfly n ur french angel(?). Welcome to the FOWLR realm! U will enjoy it. :look:

Welcome to the FOWLR.

thanks guys ... yup enjoying marine in a different way right now ... use to think that die die must keep coral .... now my living room is more colourful already.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

where did u get ur chaetodon semilarvatus!? (golden butterfly). Its very rare, endemic to the red sea and gulf of aden. where did u buy it from?

hi,

they are currently in the shipment now. u can find it from ah beng, LCK 201, desmond. =) one of my fav fish too, it started eating flake this morning ... funny i thought the sohal will be the first eating.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

my queen and potteri...

post-2385-1230442918.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

the king and fench...

the king and queen can be quarrelsome at times ... but maybe like once or twice a day

post-2385-1230443003.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

the very first fish in my tank....

post-2385-1230443039.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

the scribble really got me worried for a week. he did not eat for almost a week !

post-2385-1230443115.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

some FTS with blur blur reflection

post-2385-1230443159.jpg

post-2385-1230443172.jpg

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

the purple and yellow tang is in the cage because my purple wouldnt let my yellow and golden butterfly off...

and my yellow thought that the golden butterfly is a yellow tang, keep on wanting to chase him...

any idea to olve this problem >

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

yeah it is a fench angel... had a hard time differenting gray and french... blue and queen

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• Senior Reefer

I would love to have a golden butterfly. chaetodonts and pomacanthus are my favourite species of marine fishes. Unfortunately, i have some corals in my tank, and thus cannot keep any butterflies or angels. Not reef safe =(

How much did u buy the semilarvatus anyway? very interested to know the pricing.

• SRC Member
Hey guys, after procrastinating for sometimes, finally back into reefing.... but this time go into something more managable FOWLR... with the electricity bill soaring high, now i do not need to ON my MH and chiller for a long considerable time but just on as and when i need it.

thing is easy for me for this time round, i basically took over the tank and equipment from another reefer and save the trouble running around.

filtration: Deltec APF 600 my bias choice

wave maker: MP40W, tunze 6065, and wavysea w return OR 6500 ( what was i thinking of having so much flow in fowlr :rolleyes: )

chiller: arctica 1/3hp OR 3500

lighting: 2 x 150w MH and 2x54w ATI Powermodule

will try to include more quality pic ... =)

Bro, ur configuration and wave makers (MP40 / wavysea / 6065) are meant for reef tank leh :eyebrow: haha...

Your tank thread should be reef-ready-fowlr-tank.. anyway, welcome back bro.. u MIA for a while already

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

Bro, ur configuration and wave makers (MP40 / wavysea / 6065) are meant for reef tank leh :eyebrow: haha...

Your tank thread should be reef-ready-fowlr-tank.. anyway, welcome back bro.. u MIA for a while already

haha... ok, once my king, queen, french die, i would convert to LPS ...no lah, just kidding... coral i will flip ... still having lotsa fun reading the behaviour of different fishes...

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• Moderators

Hi Bro,

Nice seeing you earlier today! :D

I can see you are getting all the "goodies" in your new project.

IMO, i feel your flow is good for the fishes as the angels and tangs will enjoy the flow as in they do in the wild.

Many times, we deprive our fishes of such enjoyment. :paiseh:

Tom

• SRC Member
Hi Bro,

Nice seeing you earlier today! :D

I can see you are getting all the "goodies" in your new project.

IMO, i feel your flow is good for the fishes as the angels and tangs will enjoy the flow as in they do in the wild.

Many times, we deprive our fishes of such enjoyment. :paiseh:

this is what i observed too... some of my angel like to swim in the flow of the wavemaker purposely.... sealife often have goodie that i cant resist =)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

:evil: FOWLR ??? Sure or Not ??? Often sense that U are 'lurking around' during SPS/LPS shipments leh. :eyebrow:

haha... is the blotchy anthias a bold swimmer... thinking of adding a school of barlette... i remember i ask ah beng what is that fish, he tell me name very long and new specimen, to make thing simple, ' chicken pox' anthias. haha

seriously, what is reef without coral... but with the queen and king and various crazy angel, coral might just be delicios food for them

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

• SRC Member

:lol: Now U can try a school of BLOTCHIIs in ya tanky...a bold & interesting Anthias I must say. :eyebrow:

:rolleyes: For Angelic Upstart, U may wanna try Mushies-Mushies softies. They certainly will add colors to ya sandbed. ;)

haha... is the blotchy anthias a bold swimmer... thinking of adding a school of barlette... i remember i ask ah beng what is that fish, he tell me name very long and new specimen, to make thing simple, ' chicken pox' anthias. haha

seriously, what is reef without coral... but with the queen and king and various crazy angel, coral might just be delicios food for them

• SRC Member
this is what i observed too... some of my angel like to swim in the flow of the wavemaker purposely.... sealife often have goodie that i cant resist =)

Very nice collection of fishes :bow:

So what other gems u collected today? :eyebrow:

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

Hey bro, how big is ur tank anywayz?

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

Very nice collection of fishes :bow:

So what other gems u collected today? :eyebrow:

wanted to get another golden butterfly ... but in the decided not to because dun really know how well this present one will survive. gems? how about gem tang ? just kidding again ...

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Skimz  ; NP biopellets