PEST CONTROL!!!!!!! HELP PLEASE

• Senior Reefer

How to remove damselfish from my tank without tearing the rockwork? I have tried EVERYTHING!. My damsel is alright, although it does occasionally disturb my

gramma. Also, was thinking if i remove the damsel, i could add another fish so as not to over crowd. I have tried the mirror trick, the bottle trap, the hook trick,

everything!!! But this damsel is too smart. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. i really do not want to tear down my rockwork. to stressing for my fish, and i

really like my current scaping. ty

• 4 weeks later...

hmmm hi hi, i recently manage to get my demesl as my tank got white spot . i put this fish at my sump haha.

what did was . i put the trap box in my tank. then every day i feed i only put food there.

for 2 to 3 days.

i didnt touch the box for that few days.

then my fish start to eat inside every time . . . . . one day i tie a string at the trap box. when the fish i want to catch go in i pull the string and the demsel trap inside.

unfortnately damsel is not the one i want to catch hahaa. so i put it at sump lor as the reborn uncle told me that when ever have chance take the demsel out. if u put in for years i very hard to catch and it will kill ur other fish if he is big enough

I don't think there's another way to catch this little devil. They're too smart. I took out all my liverock(I mean ALL :ooh: ) juz to catch nine of my damsels. It's a backbreaking job but totally worth it. The best part is that i get to rescape my Liverock again. :whistle

Reefing since 2003
 4ft x 2ft x 2ft Mixed Reef (BB):-
50 Gal Sump,

Apex Controlled System (Lab grade),
Deltec SC1455 Protein Skimmer,
Vortech MP40wQD,

Jebao RW-15

Maxspect Razor 320w
Eheim 1260 Return Pump,
Hailea HS-66A 1/4HP chiller,
TLF Reactor 150, running HydroCarbon 

hi, i recently juz caught 1 of my damsels...i opened my hood, performed my normal feeding, bt i make sure those food wun sink to the bottom of the tank, den when the damsel swims up to the surface to eat, in 1 swift action, i swing my net n managed to trap it...

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• SRC Member

So far, found that Azure Damsel is the best to keep. They do not grow very big. I brought 3 of these at 1" and after 1.5 years, they almost the same size. Left 2 at the moment and find that the color is quite nice. Of cos damsel should not be the first fish to introduce if you intend to keep other less aggressive fishes.

http://animal-world.com/encyclo/marine/dam...eDemoiselle.php

• Senior Reefer

hi thanks for all the tips. My damsel has been caught long ago le haha. forget to close this thread. BTW anyone have expereice with cross' damsel? Very beautiful, but dunno if aggresive!