Mitlancer's "Miracle" Atlantis Walll Mount

mitlancer

• SRC Supporter

Got this stick on thermometer at the same time, cheap cheap, $1.50 only. I can't imagine how much I had paid for the mercury-based thermometer from J***h!!!! Certainly kanna chop liao... sob..... :(:pinch:

post-14772-1231300764.jpg

• SRC Supporter

Hmm.... the skin of my BT is recovering, the blue is now darker, just left the patch near the eye is not blue yet....

This morning noticed the left eye is slightly cloudy again.... please don't tell me it's back.......... :(:cry2: My poor BT.

post-14772-1231301994.jpg

• SRC Member

The stick on thermometer is not accurate I would say, as it is not position inside the tank. You can also get those small thermometers with a suction cup at the same price. I personally think a digital thermometer would be best of all.

Sometimes the good guys gotta do bad things to make the bad guys pay. - Harvey Specter

• SRC Member

Hi Mitlancer, I really admire your honesty in your previous mistakes and your never-say-die commitment to keep your LS thriving in an allegedly failed tank design. Hope the upgrades and mods work out for your tank inhabitants, looking great so far! :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Supporter
The stick on thermometer is not accurate I would say, as it is not position inside the tank. You can also get those small thermometers with a suction cup at the same price. I personally think a digital thermometer would be best of all.

Ok, back from a one-day reservist....

Haha, I have one with those suction cup, but not so nice la... Since the tank looks so nice on the wall, of cos wanna to maintain the nice physical appearance... hehe...

No worries, i still another thermometer with build in SG measurer.

: )

• Like 1

• SRC Supporter
Hi Mitlancer, I really admire your honesty in your previous mistakes and your never-say-die commitment to keep your LS thriving in an allegedly failed tank design. Hope the upgrades and mods work out for your tank inhabitants, looking great so far! :)

Thanks for your encouragement bro... yup. So far so good... must maintain..... but won't to adding any more LS since I already spent quite some $$ in the first week of receiving my pay.... moreover, dun wanno to overload my bioload.... tank is too small for too many LS.....

sob sob......

:cry2:

• SRC Member
The resun skimmer can work? :ph34r: No proper skimmer, change water more often. :pinch:

Frankly, you dun really need a skimmer for yr set-up. Just change 10-20% water weekly will do, using distilled water.

Can't stock up much fishes for yr wall mount set-up.

I like your Elegance coral. :)

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Supporter
Frankly, you dun really need a skimmer for yr set-up. Just change 10-20% water weekly will do, using distilled water.

Can't stock up much fishes for yr wall mount set-up.

I like your Elegance coral. :)

hmm, I do see some coloration water in the skimmer cup. I tried to do weekly water change, but have phobia due to some bad experience and also timing. Now, I do monthly change and I buy seawater from LFS plus doping of additives of cos.

U like my Elegance too? Yeah, it is looking great and I enjoy looking at it when it's stretched out.

• SRC Supporter
hi, how's your cold box exp going? It can fit the top up box? Last how long b4 swop? I'm thinkg use cold pack use for treating injury. U think it will work?

Yeah, fit in the top up box nicely. Can't really last very long, but is a good option to bring down the temp if you water is running too high in temp. At least when the temp is lowered, the CPU fan can then not work so hard and maintain at a lower temp for a long time.

Cold pack have the same purpose, but just be careful there is no leakage as the cold pack usually is enclosed in a softer material than these brite ice cold box.

• SRC Supporter

Latest updated pics....

The bloated Elegance is a concern at the moment..... the tips are also shrinking.... not as long when I first brought home... Worry its the ECS....Elegance Coral Syndrome which would subsequently leads to Bailout from the skeleton????

Any bros got experience and how's the survivability rate?

post-14772-1232169170.jpg

post-14772-1232169186.jpg

• SRC Supporter
the skimmer seems to be producing alot of micro bubbles.. maybe you can tune it smaller?

Hi bro, thanks for the advise.

Previously the skimmer was too low in the water, the water kept overflow out from the cup. Now I lift the skimmer higher so that the collection cup is much higher than the water level and no more overflowing of water.

I am thinking of getting a small plastic valve to control the amount of air entering... this may also control the micro bubbles....right?

• SRC Member

Imho,

If I am you, I would do a 30% water change weekly, hopefully, I could drop the NO3. 100 NO3 abit hard to keep anything,

Place 2 strong wave maker at both ends of the tank and do a re-scape with tonga to form a sort mini towers in the tank.

Threw a pic for the sheer fun of it.

:)

but that is juz me. :P

post-3612-1232536308.jpg

• SRC Supporter
Imho,

If I am you, I would do a 30% water change weekly, hopefully, I could drop the NO3. 100 NO3 abit hard to keep anything,

Place 2 strong wave maker at both ends of the tank and do a re-scape with tonga to form a sort mini towers in the tank.

Threw a pic for the sheer fun of it.

:)

but that is juz me. :P

Thanks for your opinion... I did consider a second wave maker but concern too much wave to keep any corals then....

But your layout of the LR will definitely come in when I am tired of my existing scape... hehehe.

Unfortunately, I dun have the luxury of time to do weekly water change. I try to change at least once a fortnight or monthly to worse extend. So far algea is under control liao, NO3 not so high. Will do the water parameter check shortly....

Will be taking some pictures soon, hope CNY eve got time to take pics... hehe

• SRC Supporter

I must really thank all the bros who had so far contributed various opinions and ways to improve my tank. Always take it with open minds and if anyone want to hands on, I more welcome..... haha. :thanks:

Wishing all Happy Chinese New Year in advance.....

HUAT Ar.....

:yeah:

• SRC Supporter

Trip to GO.... bought some nice nice corals for the CNY.... $$ :pinch:

Unfortunately, my Elegance finally succumbed to the ECS. RIP..... no more elegance for me at the time being.

Green Fluro Mushies......

LOBO......

7.5 heads Blastos......

post-14772-1232813163.jpg

post-14772-1232813176.jpg

post-14772-1232813188.jpg

• SRC Member
Unfortunately, my Elegance finally succumbed to the ECS. RIP..... no more elegance for me at the time being.

Sorry to hear about the elegance, bro. Was gonna ask you if it was doing well when I clicked on this thread, was thinking that if it could do well in your small volume tank, then there's hope for me to get one for my nano tank.

How's your ice pack holding up? I got the idea from you to use a similar product from cold storage, but it lasts barely a few hours, which means I am always not around to change the pack when I'm at work, dunno what the temperature is like in the day.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey