Angel Fish Reef safe?

RevellClownfish

• SRC Member

I currently have a 125gal fowl aquarium..tot of keeping soft and hard coral plus some anemone..Soo my question is dis..currently i have 1 flame angel,1 bicolor angel,1 lemonpeel angel,1 coral beauty and 1 koran angel..are any of these ANGELS not suitable for coral?

Sori if you think i am boring but i think it is you who is lame.

I currently have a 125gal fowl aquarium..tot of keeping soft and hard coral plus some anemone..Soo my question is dis..currently i have 1 flame angel,1 bicolor angel,1 lemonpeel angel,1 coral beauty and 1 koran angel..are any of these ANGELS not suitable for coral?

The dwarf angels are safer, but they may occasionally nip at softies and LPS but will not cause excessive damage. However the koran is not safe, especially when it gets bigger. Safe big angels are the genicanthus family.

• Senior Reefer

I have kept coral beauties and flame angels with corals before, no problem. But for the lemonpeel and bicolour, they may nip at corals. They are one of the dwarf angels that like to eat corals... most other dwarfs leave corals alone but beware the lemonpeel and bicolour. Big angels from the genus pomacantidae, euphipipox, chaetodontoplus, all eat corals also. Only genicanthus, the swallowtail angelfish, wont, and some dwarf angels.

Dwarf angels depends on the individual also. Some will eat some wont. its a game of luck

• SRC Member

l'm keeping angels now and l can say so far, my coral beauty, bi-color, french and queen were constantly nipping my leathers and zoos until l got to sell them away (except mushies and starpolys which they didn't touch). l think for LPS, only stinging ones like hammer, bubbles, galaxy are quite safe in my experience.