FOWLR Tank with all kinds of fishes

• SRC Member

Select the fishes you like and not becos they are expensive or rare. Plan ahead and introduce fishes that are less aggressive first into your tank.

For example, I love Bi-color Angels and thus the pair of Bi-color Angels are my first 2 fishes into the tank. Of cos after the tank been cycle before placing them into it.

If you die die must have a Sohal like me, then it should be the last fish to go in. Guess now I am done, my Sohal been inside this tank for more then 2 months.

finally seeing yr fts. Nice fishes.....can always catch the sohal and add new fishes...ehehehe

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

Wow, so many nice pairs...not easy to get though...l like bi-color angels alot too, but only a few reputable LFS sell pellet-trained eating ones.

Like you, me also like sohal alot, kind of die die must have, so just gotten one after i had most fishes in my wishlist. Now just hope my sohal doesn't go round tasting other fishes' fins...if not, got to take him out liao :unsure:

now i know the comments on sohal are true.....lol...

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
now i know the comments on sohal are true.....lol...

I would think 99% of the reefer will agree that Sohals are real aggressive. This is documented in books as well.

I introduce my Sohal in early Nov 2008, its is the smallest tang (not the smallest fish thro) in my tank at the point of time. Been bullied by the 2 Purple Tangs and the Yellow Tang.

Yesterday notice this Sohal wants the pay back from 1 of the Purple tang and the yellow tang. The top fin of the purple tang is now torn. Hope the flight end soon, else my next posting will be "WTS Evil Sohal Tang 3 inches".....he he..

I don't use a chiller. Using fans to cool the temperate below 30 degrees. 2 Fans are on 24*7 and 2 more Fan are installed and remain off till needed. They act as backup if the existing Fan spoiled or when during servcing.

Will post my sump setup and wiring tonight. Would like to share with all how important is the wiring as my previous 4 * 2 * 2 tank been burnt due to a spark fire from a UV electrical cable. Don't under estimate SALT WATER, they can corrode your electrical cables and cause short circuit.

• SRC Member

Hi All

Would strong encourage all to have their wiring done up nicely in there sump or main tank. As mention in my previous post, my UV light wire been corroded in the cabinet and cause a small fire. Luckily that the intake hose burst and extingusih the fire. However 100 L of water on the floor!!!!

CEO nearly stop me from keeping fishes from then.

Thus now, I make sure as much as possible to wire up all electrical stuff in the cabinet probably. This will include putting the cables as much as possible in electrical cable tubes as shown.

post-9008-1231949128.jpg

post-9008-1231949134.jpg

• SRC Member

BIG BIG Green wrasse...

Brought in May 2007 when it is 1 inch. Check it out now....same length as my Harliquin and Convict Tang at 4 inches...

Thus any bro or sis wants a green wrasse... anticipate the growth rate. Just wants to add green color into my tank and come to my mind is either green wrasse or green chromis. Any other green fishes that anyone come across ?

post-9008-1231949616.jpg

• Senior Reefer
Miss all my SUN corals... former 2ft tank easier to cool using fan. Now 3 ft, the fans cannot cool down the temp to 27 - 28 degress constantly.

suns easy to keep or not? I heard need to feed every single polyp? isit true? i want to try also, but scared die

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

i saw henry feeding it 1 day.. Its so easy..jus scrub henrys gourmet with your forks and place it near the corals...Hahaha..But i tink Henry train those coral to be independent...

Sori if you think i am boring but i think it is you who is lame.