150 gallon marine aquarium

hijackng

• SRC Member
GOt a pic of your bicolor blenny? Believe I saw on on an earlier Pic.

Are you using any FR or anything additional to your sump to maintain your tank? Just wondering how your sump look like now...

The bicolor blenny camera shy.

Always hide when i pointing the camera . :rolleyes:

What is FR?

FR - Fluidised Reactor. Me still figuring out stuff before I buy stuff to start a new tank with hopefully zero mortallity rate.

Already added the cost of a Canon G2 :lol: to the equation. Still trying to figure out how to use my IXUS 400. :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
FR - Fluidised Reactor. Me still figuring out stuff before I buy stuff to start a new tank with hopefully zero mortallity rate.

Already added the cost of a Canon G2 :lol: to the equation. Still trying to figure out how to use my IXUS 400. :rolleyes:

only one skimmer in my sump, plus some marco algae. ;)

4 to 5 inch DSB with plenum.

not less than 80kg of live rock.

Now the NO3 is about 0.25ppm ;)

Only problem is the KH and CA.

CA: 380 ppm

KH: 7dkh :angry:

Buy Canon G5 :P

• SRC Member

Hi Bro,

Do you use flash when you take photos of your tank? If not, do you turn off your flash or use some other way to prevent reflection from the tank?

I am using Canon Ixus V2. When I leave my flash on, there was a lot of reflection and my photo looks very discolourated and ugly. When I turn off my flash, I find that my camera cannot focus. It keeps showing the shaking sign and the photos that are taken will appear blur.

Please give your expert advise. Thank you. :bow::bow:

• SRC Member
Hi Bro,

Do you use flash when you take photos of your tank? If not, do you turn off your flash or use some other way to prevent reflection from the tank?

I am using Canon Ixus V2. When I leave my flash on, there was a lot of reflection and my photo looks very discolourated and ugly. When I turn off my flash, I find that my camera cannot focus. It keeps showing the shaking sign and the photos that are taken will appear blur.

Please give your expert advise. Thank you. :bow::bow:

No, I dont use flash at all.

Try to use manual focus and higer speed.

I am use the two 150w MH as my light soruce.

• SRC Member
To get better shots with my Ixus 400, I switched to manual mode, upped my ISO to 400 and set it for close up mode (flower symbol instead of mountain).

Going to clean the glass of my tank and scrap off algae :P .

Place ur camera as close to the glass as possible, remember ur len must be perpendicular to the glass to avoid distorted image if u are using 12mm thick glass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
hijackng.. Just want to check with you how u setup ur camera?

i mean the value of the aperture and shuter speed?..

Are u using macro?

Really nice and clear which photo u took.... :o

Hopr i can take my like u... :(

I am using only macro mode from the camera without any addition lens. Place ur camera as close to the glass as possible. Use manual mode, manual focus, Speed 1/30 if ur hand is steady, smallest possible apeture. ASA 50 if possible, ASA50 has adventage when come to photo enlarge, croping and other editing. Remember ur len must be perpendicular to the glass to avoid distorted image if u are using 12mm thick glass.

To avoid other stray light, try to take ur photo at night when ur tank light is still ON. OFF all the light in ur room during ur photo session.

Hope this help...

I am using only macro mode from the camera without any addition lens. Place ur camera as close to the glass as possible. Use manual mode, manual focus, Speed 1/30 if ur hand is steady, smallest possible apeture. ASA 50 if possible, ASA50 has adventage when come to photo enlarge, croping and other editing. Remember ur len must be perpendicular to the glass to avoid distorted image if u are using 12mm thick glass.

To avoid other stray light, try to take ur photo at night when ur tank light is still ON. OFF all the light in ur room during ur photo session.

Hope this help...

Thanks... bro hijackng... hope u can post more photos.. really enjoyable when looking at all the photo you posted... :P

Sorry.. what is ASA 50?? thx..

• SRC Member

Thanks... bro hijackng... hope u can post more photos.. really enjoyable when looking at all the photo you posted... :P

Sorry.. what is ASA 50?? thx..

;)

No problem.

The lower the ASA value, more detail u can capture as compare to higher ASA value. However, lower ASA value require more light.

• 6 months later...