Lemon's tank!

yikai

• Senior Reefer

my lovely GIANT orange rhodactis finally splitting.... after nearly a year. original rock of 13 almost a year ago. but shared amongst so many people and now, this is my one of two. finally its splitting and i will have 3 soon.

just to give u perspective of how big it is... compare with the favia above it.... and the size of zoa polyps. and the 2nd pic shows a top down shot.

post-15755-1264325470_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1264325478_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

bought 2 colonies of green protopalythoas. these are not palys... but are protopalys. they are usually brown and ugly with stiff and hard polyps, unlike the rubbery soft polyps of their zoanthid/palythoa cousins. its nice to see them coming in super neon shades of green. but, this is not the reason i bought them. studded amongst these two colonies are "king midas" (zoaid) zoas and another unidentified zoa growing. the king midas are a very nice shade of yellow. unsure if i should remove them and let them grow separately or not.

post-15755-1264325770_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1264325785_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1264325798_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
bought 2 colonies of green protopalythoas. these are not palys... but are protopalys. they are usually brown and ugly with stiff and hard polyps, unlike the rubbery soft polyps of their zoanthid/palythoa cousins. its nice to see them coming in super neon shades of green. but, this is not the reason i bought them. studded amongst these two colonies are "king midas" (zoaid) zoas and another unidentified zoa growing. the king midas are a very nice shade of yellow. unsure if i should remove them and let them grow separately or not.

reserve the neon green protopalys for me if u frag them can?? been looking for some time....

• SRC Member

:D nice king midas zoa! do they have the blue ring near the skirts too?

• SRC Member

Hoho... learning a trick or two from bro fuel? Always eagle eyeing the rose among the thorns! :eyebrow:

I would remove them to create more space for their growth. The protopalythoas might overcrowd them. Just be prepared for sacrifices.

• SRC Member
my lovely GIANT orange rhodactis finally splitting.... after nearly a year. original rock of 13 almost a year ago. but shared amongst so many people and now, this is my one of two. finally its splitting and i will have 3 soon.

just to give u perspective of how big it is... compare with the favia above it.... and the size of zoa polyps. and the 2nd pic shows a top down shot.

hi.. that is really a nice giant orange rhodactis... :whistle if you have any frag to sell .. do let me know ya... :eyebrow:

• Senior Reefer
Hoho... learning a trick or two from bro fuel? Always eagle eyeing the rose among the thorns! :eyebrow:

I would remove them to create more space for their growth. The protopalythoas might overcrowd them. Just be prepared for sacrifices.

actually i have always been looking for roses in the thorns. but only after i met fuel then this habit increased 10 fold. my big orange rhodactis was the result of this when i first started. sentimental value :)

• Senior Reefer
hi.. that is really a nice giant orange rhodactis... :whistle if you have any frag to sell .. do let me know ya... :eyebrow:

i have a small frag 10 cent coin. but the colour is no where as nice as the big one, since its so small... so not puttting it up for sale. maybe when it grows bigger, i will sell.

• SRC Member
actually i have always been looking for roses in the thorns. but only after i met fuel then this habit increased 10 fold. my big orange rhodactis was the result of this when i first started. sentimental value :)

what are you guys talking about! i catch no ball :mellow:

• Senior Reefer
what are you guys talking about! i catch no ball :mellow:

means....sometimes...the good stuff are hidden amongst the ugly stuff... so look at places you least expect... but of course, you got to know what is good and what is not.

• Senior Reefer

snapped some quick photos with my phone. hence the grainy and super unclear photos....

my rhomboid! looks nicer these days. developing more purple on the lower part of his body. and the golden on the body is getting more intense! must be from all that training, chasing the flame hawk. plus, he absolutely HATES it when the neon goby tries to clean it. it will swim all over the tank at high speed to try shaking off the goby. but the goby will persist and swim along side the rhomboid. looks very cute. like a little blue fish surfing a giant wrasse! much like those remoras tailing a shark. i guess the neon goby isnt a very good cleaner! must be painful for the wrasse :angry:

post-15755-1264423757_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

and 2 more SPS frags! donated to me by a nice nice reefer. thanks joe! :wub: :wub:

and also a very nice DIY acrylic frag station. also by the same reefer.

1st SPS i dunno what it is... but has polyps extended! its a good sign i hope.

post-15755-1264425182_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1264425190_thumb.jpg

and 2 more SPS frags! donated to me by a nice nice reefer. thanks joe! :wub: :wub:

and also a very nice DIY acrylic frag station. also by the same reefer.

1st SPS i dunno what it is... but has polyps extended! its a good sign i hope.

nice spses!

biting the bug? hahaha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer
nice spses!

biting the bug? hahaha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

hope no need put mopiko for that bite! i really hope they do grow instead of just sitting there to die... one of my acro frag given to me by another reefer dieded lol. think the flow and light is not enough for it. the others are ok though. accidently broke my leng sy monti cap. put the frag on my frag rack to see if there's any difference. the rack has better flow and light. moved all my sps there except my pink birdnest....which i already epoxied to the rock and is hard to remove... but it looks ok so i'll leave it there.

post-15755-1264427519_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1264427534_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Hey lemon

the DIY Acrylic Frag station is an ab fab idea! I likey!!! :P hhmm almost like those egg holders in the fridge.. HHMM!!!!!

:idea:

Cheers,

desi.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer
Hey lemon

the DIY Acrylic Frag station is an ab fab idea! I likey!!! :P hhmm almost like those egg holders in the fridge.. HHMM!!!!!

:idea:

Cheers,

desi.

yes. not done by me though. there's 17 holes actually designed to hold frag plugs. i dont have frag plugs so using epoxy temporarily :)

hope no need put mopiko for that bite! i really hope they do grow instead of just sitting there to die... one of my acro frag given to me by another reefer dieded lol. think the flow and light is not enough for it. the others are ok though. accidently broke my leng sy monti cap. put the frag on my frag rack to see if there's any difference. the rack has better flow and light. moved all my sps there except my pink birdnest....which i already epoxied to the rock and is hard to remove... but it looks ok so i'll leave it there.

oh,

lets hope for the best bah! it's hard to tell whether the frags are coping anot unless they actually died on you then the reality hits you hard in the face :S but hope for the best for you bro!

Actually flow matters. I have a hard time trying to keep my pocci alive with a hydor k1. I can see dead skeleton now and then, inside the core of the sps as well as underside of the sps where the flow didnt hit. However, the pocci looks okay so I left it alone. If not, the ultimate verdict should be death :(

Easiest way to identify if your spses are doing well where they shld be is to see if the polyps will sway left-right-left-right or randomly. if got, then okay, if don't have. jialat must shift liao :) above is based on my observation of my sole sps in my nano. so yeahh, hth :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• Senior Reefer
oh,

lets hope for the best bah! it's hard to tell whether the frags are coping anot unless they actually died on you then the reality hits you hard in the face :S but hope for the best for you bro!

Actually flow matters. I have a hard time trying to keep my pocci alive with a hydor k1. I can see dead skeleton now and then, inside the core of the sps as well as underside of the sps where the flow didnt hit. However, the pocci looks okay so I left it alone. If not, the ultimate verdict should be death :(

Easiest way to identify if your spses are doing well where they shld be is to see if the polyps will sway left-right-left-right or randomly. if got, then okay, if don't have. jialat must shift liao :) above is based on my observation of my sole sps in my nano. so yeahh, hth :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

hey thanks for the advice! the old location i dont see much polyp extension. on the frag plug looks much better. actually these are trial frags so if they die... it doesnt really affect me that much. but of course, each coral is alive and i will try my utmost best to take care of them.

hey thanks for the advice! the old location i dont see much polyp extension. on the frag plug looks much better. actually these are trial frags so if they die... it doesnt really affect me that much. but of course, each coral is alive and i will try my utmost best to take care of them.

haha, you're welcome. Sometimes it's nice to share :D

Anyway, AM now having promo. Time to up some nice geeky equipments to complement your tank. Like a Profilux + 2 x 6105? hahaha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.