Chillier - which one to buy ?

Due to Budget constrain, I've to settle for China Chilliers . Any brand to recommand ?

I was thinking of ReSun or Hailee ?

Which is better ?

Power consumption ? are they better than Antarctic ?

Oh, my tank is 3 x 2 x 2 .

Which model from your suggeston ?

Currently my tank Temp is 28 degrees ( using fan )

Thanks in advance for all , thanks a million .

• SRC Member
Due to Budget constrain, I've to settle for China Chilliers . Any brand to recommand ?

Which is better ?

I'm using resun cl-280

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

i have used CL280 for my 2 feet before, noise is bearable as it is in my room last time but again it is subjective. electrical consumption is 280 w i think . Only the thermostat is not that accurate, a external temp controller will solve the prob easily. but the only thing i say, it nvr fail me.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

i'm currently using Hailea 150a....used since last yr aug...noise wise its quiet..cos my tank is in my bedrm..n it has oso never failed me b4 :)

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

Hi,

Just so share my experience. Was recently debating between the Haliea 1/10 and the Artica 1/10 chillers for my new 2ft cube tank.........

In the end, went for the Artica which thou > x 2 the initial outlay for the Haliea only consumes 75W (according to specs).

Was also sold on the 2 years warranty and 2 times onsite servicing.....so in the end went for that even thou burn a big hole in pocket :whistle

Like what some people say - Either u pay less upfront and pay more every month or vice versa loh :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Hi,

Just so share my experience. Was recently debating between the Haliea 1/10 and the Artica 1/10 chillers for my new 2ft cube tank.........

In the end, went for the Artica which thou > x 2 the initial outlay for the Haliea only consumes 75W (according to specs).

Was also sold on the 2 years warranty and 2 times onsite servicing.....so in the end went for that even thou burn a big hole in pocket :whistle

Like what some people say - Either u pay less upfront and pay more every month or vice versa loh :rolleyes:

Erm... The Artica 1/10hp chiller actually consumes 350 watts if I'm not wrong. 1/10hp (75 watts) is the cooling power of the chiller, but doesn't mean it's the total electricity consumed. :paiseh:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Ooops maybe i got the numbers wrong....can some "lao jiaos" confirm? :thanks:

Confirmed is not 75 watts that's for sure :)

I got 350W from AM website.

Other websites with the Arctica chiller product specs don't list the consumption, closest I got is this:

http://www.jbjchillers.com/index1.html

Model | H/P | Volts | Amps

DBA-075 | 1/10 hp | 115 | 2.63

Volts X Amps = 302.45 Watts?

I might be missing something here, but that's the gist of it :P

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

My tanks current temp is hovering around 28 degree. Is it necessary to install a chiller ?

Currently no algea and 3 of my corals ( 2 mushroom + the other one ?? ) all opening well .

I was toying with the idea of using a mini fridge and drill 2 holes at the side ( in /out ), and coil the pipes at the lower level, while my wife can us the upper level for her tonics and other stuff ??

Anyone tried before using this method ? ( I get my chiller and my wife gets her additional space for storage ...hehe ) or this is simple not feasible !!

Which is better ?

Your tank is 3 x 2 x 2, if u plan to get resun, u can't get CL 280, it's too low for your tank, the chiller will keep working non stop. You have to at least get CL 450, but CL650 preferred. I have been using CL 450 for 4 years, almost 5 years, annual maintenance, never failed me. But planning to change to CL 650 soon, as the chiller kick start quite often. Btw my tank is smaller than yours by the height, instead of 3 x 2 x 2, mine is 3 x 2 x 1.5. :)

• 1 month later...
Your tank is 3 x 2 x 2, if u plan to get resun, u can't get CL 280, it's too low for your tank, the chiller will keep working non stop. You have to at least get CL 450, but CL650 preferred. I have been using CL 450 for 4 years, almost 5 years, annual maintenance, never failed me. But planning to change to CL 650 soon, as the chiller kick start quite often. Btw my tank is smaller than yours by the height, instead of 3 x 2 x 2, mine is 3 x 2 x 1.5. :)

hi bro, since u use CL450 and intend to change to CL650 ,my tank is 4x2x2.5 is it suitable for my tank ? BTW what is the price for CL650 ?

• SRC Member

Which is better ?

Just to share my experience... ONce i've operated my tank w/o chiller so aft my upgrade got Arctica 1/15hp... broke down once... Called their ppl to come dwn fix... ard 7 plus in the morning they came efficiently... so pay and get the quality... I'm sure many bros support Arctica too... ;)

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D