just another fanatic reefer

debenise

• Senior Reefer

omg?! WOW that is amazing. seriously. SIX clowns in one anemone. clap clap confetti confetti liondance! that must really be a sight to behold huh! im so jealous...i have 2 retarded clwons that refuse to host anything

• Senior Reefer
how do i differentiate?

interesting..

one of them will grow big and dominant. that will be the female...hmm im not sure, but in the wild, usually one big female and one big male, and the rest are all small males. i dunno if this will be replicated in the aquarium. it might, but if not, then a pair will be formed and the rest will be terrorised.

• Senior Reefer
indeed, nature works so interestingly.

however, a qtn. What happens to those terrorised?

Will they still be able to fit in the school?

im not sure... since u have an anemone, the dominant pair will try to fight over it. those that lose will have to leave and re-establish somewhere else. and again out of those 4 that are ostrasized, another pair will form and the whole cycle repeats. i think this is what happens? im not very very sure. i'm quite as confused as u are, this is the best explanation i can think of haha! any more experience reefers care to share their input?

• SRC Member

hey saw your overflow box.. doesn't seem like it has a durso

so does it make a 'waterfall' noise when the water flows into the box and drains into the sump?

if u dunno what a durso is, u can check out this pics

http://images.google.com.sg/images?q=durso...l=en&tab=wi

• SRC Member
hey saw your overflow box.. doesn't seem like it has a durso

so does it make a 'waterfall' noise when the water flows into the box and drains into the sump?

if u dunno what a durso is, u can check out this pics

http://images.google.com.sg/images?q=durso...l=en&tab=wi

hey yes! ive been wondering how come when i see others it is silent.

sgbros did the piping for me. so should i get them to do it for me or diy myself?

your eyes are sharp

• SRC Member
hey yes! ive been wondering how come when i see others it is silent.

sgbros did the piping for me. so should i get them to do it for me or diy myself?

your eyes are sharp

it should be very easy to diy.. just follow the images found in the google image search link

i believe u don't have to glue any part of the pipes.. just get the same size piping, cut to size and fix it up to the the existing pipe in the overflow box. some white tape might help but without them the durso pipe should still be quite solid

also try and make the durso pipe higher up to increase the water level in the overflow box.. the lower the water level in the overflow chamber, the louder the "waterfall" sound. might be because more air space in the box causes more echo when the water pours in?

good luck! =)

• SRC Member

anyone know about doing the pipings? ive shorten the secondary pipe.

If i do not put the secondary pipe, the sucking noise is very loud.

Even so, now i have a secondary pipe, the sucking noise is still there though not as loud.

Ive seen iwarna's and coralfarm's, its very silent.

I do not get it. And, do i need to drill a small hole on the end cap?

thanks and appreciate alot for any feedback :rolleyes: