Caring for a cynarina

archangylle

• Senior Reefer
Hi guys, I was wondering if you guys could share with me your methods for feeding the cynarina. Do you :paiseh: feed them small pieces of prawn like the prata?

hi. care is very similar to the prata. in fact, i think they are similar in terms of care requirements. moderate to good lighting, low to moderate flow. usually on the sand. on the rocks is fine too. yes feed small small pieces of prawn once every week to 2 weeks. dun over feed them.

• SRC Member

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

These are recommendations only. Can still keep with mushies with proper spacing and husbandry.

:shock: cannot even place beside mushrooms...jialak...then i cannot keep liao.

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

In the middle of the polyp. Mostly will feed only when lights are out. Once a week or less.

Thanks guys, that website was very very useful. As for small bits of prawn, I really cant find the 'mouth ' of the cynarina. Donno where to place the prawn. :rolleyes:

• Senior Reefer
I just found the mouth, very very small lah. My prawn must cut until 3mm only leh

they can stretch and open their mouth to feed on the prawn. careful not to feed too big piece and dun over feed also

• SRC Member
Hi guys, I was wondering if you guys could share with me your methods for feeding the cynarina. Do you :paiseh: feed them small pieces of prawn like the prata?

if i'm not wrong its behaviour closely resembles a prata however the appearance is diff... but prata seems to be nicer den cynarina leh... just my 2 cents... ;)

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on how big your cynarina is you can feed it bigger pieces of shrimp.

Place the shrimp at the centre of the coral.

Put something soft and light on top of the shrimp if it will be blown away by current

Wait for the feeding tentacles to grab the food before removing any objects holding the shrimp.

You will know what you are feeding is too big if the coral spits it out after attempting to swallow it.

Depending on how big your cynarina is you can feed it bigger pieces of shrimp.

Place the shrimp at the centre of the coral.

Put something soft and light on top of the shrimp if it will be blown away by current

Wait for the feeding tentacles to grab the food before removing any objects holding the shrimp.

You will know what you are feeding is too big if the coral spits it out after attempting to swallow it.

Thanks, why din i think of that? Wonder what I can use to put on the shrimp