disposal of waste

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Just wanna find out how u guys discard your dead livestock. fish, corals, inverts, liverocks etc. i live in a condo, and sometimes when i throw dead livestock down the rubbish chute i wonder if it will stink like hell. especially dead corals. so i usually double bag it and tie until super tightly..

how do you guys do it? burn? lol. used to have neighbours who throw down pieces of uncooked chicken and other meat stuff without bagging it. and i can tell u it stinks like hell. and i can imagine corals smelling 10x worse..

for those big and sentimental livestock i bury them in my garden =x dig a huge hole and bury it in my garden in my old house. all my dead pets are there lol..

• SRC Member

All down the toilet bro... Haha. I try not to get too attached to my livestock. As for corals attached to rocks, they go down the chute in a plastic bag.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

oh ya hor! i never thought of toilet. ok ok. toilet from now on. the only livestock i buried was my royal gramma. coz he survived super alot of crap that my damsel dished out to him, and survived heavy white spot and fungal infection. when he fully recovered, he died coz he jump out ): i buried him as memory. put a stick there also lol.

• SRC Member
oh ya hor! i never thought of toilet. ok ok. toilet from now on. the only livestock i buried was my royal gramma. coz he survived super alot of crap that my damsel dished out to him, and survived heavy white spot and fungal infection. when he fully recovered, he died coz he jump out ): i buried him as memory. put a stick there also lol.

u are a GREAT pet lover. no wonder u are blessed with a nice MI.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• Senior Reefer
u are a GREAT pet lover. no wonder u are blessed with a nice MI.

when i was keeping freshwater, i used to freeze my dead guppies in a block of ice to preserve them. my freezee will have a special box that was mine, that was filled with dead fish frozen in ice blocks...one day my mom found out and she freaked out. threw all away ): so i buried them from then on haha. but only those with sentimental value la...others i just flush or throw. ):

• SRC Member
when i was keeping freshwater, i used to freeze my dead guppies in a block of ice to preserve them. my freezee will have a special box that was mine, that was filled with dead fish frozen in ice blocks...one day my mom found out and she freaked out. threw all away ): so i buried them from then on haha. but only those with sentimental value la...others i just flush or throw. ):

bro, you preserve them like those ancient movie (huang rong father (huang yao shi) preserving his wife body).

kinda freaky. not suprise your mum freak out.lol , lucky she didn't thought its the fish she brought from market and you end up eating it. :sick::sick::sick:

• Senior Reefer
bro, you preserve them like those ancient movie (huang rong father (huang yao shi) preserving his wife body).

kinda freaky. not suprise your mum freak out.lol , lucky she didn't thought its the fish she brought from market and you end up eating it. :sick::sick::sick:

i was so young then XD

• SRC Member

toilet's a convenient disposal. Just don't dump LPS or SPS into it. ^_^

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

Sometimes big LPS like moon coral i wash it to add em to my collection of liverocks cause that coral won't stink up the whole tank.If it is those fleshy type then i just throw down the chute without anybags or i used my packing bags if small... :D

girlone.png