Finally got my SH feeding frozen food..

blacknails

• SRC Member

congrats.. it is indeed a joy to see them finally starts to feed off frozen food.. all the best to u now.. :)

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Congrats! i tink 2 meals a day will be enough for the SH, wat specis u keeping blacknails? :D

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

Erm... 2 yellow and 1 brown... Normal SH... Was sold to me by one of the reefers in this forum for cheap cheap cause he bought them on impluse and dunno how to keep them. He said he bought one for 15 dollars..

Sorry I do read up on general SH care but don't go as deep to look at the particular species. :)

So 2 feedings a day is ok? Yey!!

• SRC Member
Erm... 2 yellow and 1 brown... Normal SH... Was sold to me by one of the reefers in this forum for cheap cheap cause he bought them on impluse and dunno how to keep them. He said he bought one for 15 dollars..

Sorry I do read up on general SH care but don't go as deep to look at the particular species. :)

So 2 feedings a day is ok? Yey!!

yup... it should be sufficient.. but it depends, i sometimes feed my SH 4 cubes of Mysis in 1 day, spread out into 4 feeding sessions of course.. :)

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

tink it be better if u train ur ponies to eat other types of food, bbs alone won't be enough. wat specis u keeping? :)

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

yes, i agree. Mysis is more nutritious and contains more protein than brine shrimps unless u feed them with baby brine shrimps all the way... which is very tedious... adult brine shrimps do not have the protein level that is required by the SH.. it is more like a snack than anything.

• SRC Member

At first i'm using Hikari mysis, nw i'm using P.E mysis. tink P.E better. nw at better pricing 2! :D more affordable. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

u can get P.E from our forum online stall, Equanature.. Edmund.

Hi Just joined this forum today. Have been keeping seahorses since 29/11/03. Anyway, for me I feed my horses twice a day. Was told to feed only six days a week in order for the horses to completely digest all the HUFA.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
Hi Just joined this forum today. Have been keeping seahorses since 29/11/03. Anyway, for me I feed my horses twice a day. Was told to feed only six days a week in order for the horses to completely digest all the HUFA.

You guys are lucky, can buy mysis shrimps in S'pore. Can't find them in KL and some of the shops have not even heard of mysis shrimps! Can you feed sea horse and sea dragons with cyclop-eeze?

You guys are lucky, can buy mysis shrimps in S'pore. Can't find them in KL and some of the shops have not even heard of mysis shrimps! Can you feed sea horse and sea dragons with cyclop-eeze?

Next time if i go back KL set up shop be assured there will be mysis! :lol:

Anyway...seahorses and sea dragons don't eat cyclops...unless they are live.

Where do you get sea dragons from anyway!? :blink:

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
sea dragons is another name for green/brown pipe fish. Chinese call sea drangon ma. Not the leafy or weedy sea drangon lah............

for a moment, i thought it was the leafy sea dragon.. :ooh: ...