Binosage's 24G nano tank

albinosage

• SRC Member
Tender loving care lol

ah...ok ok :lol:

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• Senior Reefer

hope to see a good comeback bro! think i'll have to contact the admin for such *sexy* pictures of your clown! hHAHAHA. jokking hehe.

surely colourful 1 lah. waiting to see it blossom! you should have gotten this favia at CF and blow it under your royal blue LED ;P

post-15755-1265621737_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
hope to see a good comeback bro! think i'll have to contact the admin for such *sexy* pictures of your clown! hHAHAHA. jokking hehe.

surely colourful 1 lah. waiting to see it blossom! you should have gotten this favia at CF and blow it under your royal blue LED ;P

Yah my nak-ed clown fish is damn sexy. I asked the worker at LCK for the "nak-ed clown" then she "huh?" before seeing where I'm pointing and she said "oh! mei you chuan yi fu de!" Hahahahaha!

My lime green monti frag actually died, turn brown and white. In the last 2 weeks, 10% of it has recovered and started covering up the skeleton! Have to be patient I guess.. And slowly stock up all over!

Oh yah, anyone has any idea how to get rid of the coraline growth on the back wall? I'm thinking if I should use an old gilette mach 3 to shave it down.. Bad idea?

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Yah my nak-ed clown fish is damn sexy. I asked the worker at LCK for the "nak-ed clown" then she "huh?" before seeing where I'm pointing and she said "oh! mei you chuan yi fu de!" Hahahahaha!

My lime green monti frag actually died, turn brown and white. In the last 2 weeks, 10% of it has recovered and started covering up the skeleton! Have to be patient I guess.. And slowly stock up all over!

Oh yah, anyone has any idea how to get rid of the coraline growth on the back wall? I'm thinking if I should use an old gilette mach 3 to shave it down.. Bad idea?

use a unwanted credit card or phone card and scrape away!

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

I tried leh, but cannot.. Very stubborn and tough to get out. I'm only afraid that if I use razor, the plastic would be shaved off too, polluting the water.

Okok can't talk already, check in later, running late for...

post-15730-1265623426_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

I use the melamine sponge and they come off my tank wall pretty easy.

I can pass u a piece if u want.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Supporter

Hi bro, u got any idea what makes the lime green monti turn brown so fast? I encounter this too for my lime green monti, and it was too late for me as by the time i reach home after work, whole piece gone liao... :( Before that, all was normal and well... very strange.

• SRC Member

Excess nutrients like NO3 and PO4.. ideally should be undetectable for both. It started turning brown at 10ppm of NO3 and 1PPM of PO4 for me. Don't throw it away yet, as long as there are still polyps surviving, they should recover with proper care in a few months. Mine is showing 10% recovery now, the green parts are starting to cover over the brown areas.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Supporter
Excess nutrients like NO3 and PO4.. ideally should be undetectable for both. It started turning brown at 10ppm of NO3 and 1PPM of PO4 for me. Don't throw it away yet, as long as there are still polyps surviving, they should recover with proper care in a few months. Mine is showing 10% recovery now, the green parts are starting to cover over the brown areas.

now u mentioned about this, i recall the night before i had mixed some phytoplanton with copepods and Coral bloom all into one small cup to feed my acans/favia etc... i think that could have caused the sudden NO3 BOOMZZZZZ..... shucks....

Tat piece of lime green monti was my favourite.... gone was really pure white with no single shade of green when i see at home... sob....

Lucky i have another frag in my office pico... hope it grows larger for me to frag again... :) (must buy insurance... haha)

• SRC Member

Well.. It was a short lived comeback for my tank cos...

THE TANK CRASHED!!!

C-R-A-S-H!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

All the fishes died within a couple of hours, I am still investigating the cause, but yah everything was wiped out except for one clown fish. I'm not so much affected that it's near CNY, but it's the fact that they were some really beautiful fish that have been with me for almost a year. Flame hawk, feeding mandarin (veteran from my 12g tank!), purple goby, and the recent nak-ed clown and neon goby... all dead :(

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
All the fishes died within a couple of hours, I am still investigating the cause, but yah everything was wiped out except for one clown fish. I'm not so much affected that it's near CNY, but it's the fact that they were some really beautiful fish that have been with me for almost a year. Flame hawk, feeding mandarin (veteran from my 12g tank!), purple goby, and the recent nak-ed clown and neon goby... all dead :(

oh man! what happen?!!! sounds like ammonia poisoning to me....did you see yr fishes having difficulty breathing?

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

Thanks for the concern and encouragement everyone. RBTA is fine so far, in fact, all inverts are fine so far. If it is ammonia poisoning, the shrimps would be the first to go, after corals. Water parameters are okay, just did a 30% water change last Sunday. Fishes were active and feeding just a short while before dying.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Thanks for the concern and encouragement everyone. RBTA is fine so far, in fact, all inverts are fine so far. If it is ammonia poisoning, the shrimps would be the first to go, after corals. Water parameters are okay, just did a 30% water change last Sunday. Fishes were active and feeding just a short while before dying.

if thats the case what could be the cause of it? electrical leak??

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
if thats the case what could be the cause of it? electrical leak??

Unlikely to be eletricity, though they did die in a strange way. The body was perfect and normal looking as if they were sleeping on the sand bed, the narcissus snails and shrimps didn't attempt to consume the carcass.

not enough oxygen? bro cheer up, and come back stronger after finding the root cause

Usually they would be gasping or having difficulty breathing if thats the case, but the fishes were all super active before I found them dead.

Now I am thinking whether to carry on with this tank, leave it empty for a while, or just get a new one altogether. A part of me wants to just decom, but that's probably the stress talking.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Unlikely to be eletricity, though they did die in a strange way. The body was perfect and normal looking as if they were sleeping on the sand bed, the narcissus snails and shrimps didn't attempt to consume the carcass.

Usually they would be gasping or having difficulty breathing if thats the case, but the fishes were all super active before I found them dead.

Now I am thinking whether to carry on with this tank, leave it empty for a while, or just get a new one altogether. A part of me wants to just decom, but that's probably the stress talking.

Press the re-set button and start all over again...take this opportunity to get a new 2ft tank with sump.

Dun give up...there r countless pple with beautiful reefs containing SPS and rare fishes experiencing same problem.

I have this low profile friend, told me he crashed his tank 3 times when i met up with him during x'mas period.

l7304smr.jpg