My desktop nano reef

curahee

Nice planted, and nice marine!

But whoah you are trying to keep SPS in that size tank?!

Is there some kind of sump we are not seeing? Or are you doing daily water changes?

• SRC Member

Ooh... Niceeeee... Very nice scaping and colours, especially for a first reef tank and a nano. Already spotted lots of gems in your tank, and SPS too.. Do let us know your set up and equipment? Very curious too :D

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

You have a very nice nano! Care to share some tank specs and equipment that you're using?

Thanks bro. :thanks:

My tank setup very simple and basic, a deltec MCE 600 skimmer, 2 wavemaker (K2 and K nano), 2 fans, 150 watt 14k k 2 viper MH, live rock and live sand for bio filtration. On my light for 10 hrs a day, change 30% water twice a week.

Next plan is to setup a FR. :eyebrow:

Nice planted, and nice marine!

But whoah you are trying to keep SPS in that size tank?!

Is there some kind of sump we are not seeing? Or are you doing daily water changes?

Yeah frequent water change, 30% twice per week, nv intend to go into SPS but hand itchy one day and get a digitata to try, after that i notice it can grow pretty well in my tank, den i challenge myself and give acro a try. However i juz keep my finger cross, those acro in my tank only 2 to 3 mth, for the time being they still ok and have notice growth in them.

Ooh... Niceeeee... Very nice scaping and colours, especially for a first reef tank and a nano. Already spotted lots of gems in your tank, and SPS too.. Do let us know your set up and equipment? Very curious too :D

Thanks. i spend a long time before i taking the plunge, i am member here since 2005, only dare to give it a try 3 yrs later. Haha. No gems la as compare to others, mine r those common one. :upsidedown:

eh bo chiller u using only fan arh bro

i bet ur evaporation is very much higher than mine leh...

with the recent hot weather 1 litre evaporation everyday 4 X t5 2 ft tank

mayb u wanna rescape so u got more place for the goodies.. lolx.. since u using MH shld worry abt e ground fellas nt enuff light..

• SRC Member
Thanks. i spend a long time before i taking the plunge, i am member here since 2005, only dare to give it a try 3 yrs later. Haha. No gems la as compare to others, mine r those common one. :upsidedown:

Your patience really paid off then, 3 years is a long time to lurk and research, the effort shows in your tank :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

eh bo chiller u using only fan arh bro

i bet ur evaporation is very much higher than mine leh...

with the recent hot weather 1 litre evaporation everyday 4 X t5 2 ft tank

mayb u wanna rescape so u got more place for the goodies.. lolx.. since u using MH shld worry abt e ground fellas nt enuff light..

Yah lo, no money to get a chiller lei. My evaporation rate very bad, 1.5 L + daily... Some more use 2 fans only can bring down to 27 plus. :pinch: I trying to work out the cost, scully using chiller more worth it in the long run, everyday top up distilled water also very shiong to my pocket... lol

• SRC Member
Yah lo, no money to get a chiller lei. My evaporation rate very bad, 1.5 L + daily... Some more use 2 fans only can bring down to 27 plus. :pinch: I trying to work out the cost, scully using chiller more worth it in the long run, everyday top up distilled water also very shiong to my pocket... lol

For your tank size, you can consider using Ice Probe. I find that it helps in reducing the evaporation rate as compared to fans.

Finally see your tank thread! Very sweet looking man! Time for some close-ups on those lovely corals! And excellent discipline on keeping only 2 fishes. :bow:

Bro what is the total water capacity of your cube? I'm thinking its a lot bigger than it looks.

You're using a Koralia Nano and a Koralia 2 together??

Bro what is the total water capacity of your cube? I'm thinking its a lot bigger than it looks.

You're using a Koralia Nano and a Koralia 2 together??

Its a 40cm cube, abt 16 gallon. Yes using 2. Initially i use only K nano den realise the flow rate not very good, a lot of death spot. Den i get another K 2 to improve water circulation and also provide better flow for my SPS as well.

For your tank size, you can consider using Ice Probe. I find that it helps in reducing the evaporation rate as compared to fans.

Finally see your tank thread! Very sweet looking man! Time for some close-ups on those lovely corals! And excellent discipline on keeping only 2 fishes. :bow:

Thanks for suggestion, but ice probe need to drill here and there to install the equipment rite?

Haha thanks, i'll get some close up one day, but mine r juz some normal coral, others one much better looking :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Thanks for suggestion, but ice probe need to drill here and there to install the equipment rite?

Haha thanks, i'll get some close up one day, but mine r juz some normal coral, others one much better looking :eyebrow:

You can put it on top of a hang-on filter. No drilling required. ^_^

Hi Bro,

Nice tank, hope to see it in person soon. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Bro, no updates? Would love to see more photos of your setup from different angles. ^_^

Hello bro sorry for late reply. My old setup SPS all gone long ago after i do a major WC to curb my nitrate level, give up on SPS and now my current setup only LPS, ric florida and zoa. Will post some pic later.

My tank nitrate problem also solve after i dose vodka daily, nitrate level from 50 drop to zero, :eyebrow: beside that i can feed my coral very heavily daily with various coral food without any nitrate problem and my coral can be well fed at the same time as compare to last time.

Hi Curahee

My upcoming tank will be very similar size to yours. Just 5 cm bigger lol

Mine is a 45 cm cube.

Acouple of questions which I hope you can help answer.

- How is the Viper 150k? Thinking of getting that or the Aqualight clip-on MH.

Did you do a comparison of the 2?

- Should I get a K1 or K2? Will K2 be too strong?

Thanks

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
Hello bro sorry for late reply. My old setup SPS all gone long ago after i do a major WC to curb my nitrate level, give up on SPS and now my current setup only LPS, ric florida and zoa. Will post some pic later.

My tank nitrate problem also solve after i dose vodka daily, nitrate level from 50 drop to zero, :eyebrow: beside that i can feed my coral very heavily daily with various coral food without any nitrate problem and my coral can be well fed at the same time as compare to last time.

Looking forward to your photo updates! :eyebrow:

I'm also interested to find out how your zoas are doing with the viper. I'm still deciding if I should go for MH or just stick to T5s.

Sorry for the poor quality of pic, taken using my 3 yrs old hp cam, my DC spoil already :paiseh:

DSC00590.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

Pic taken last week. Thursday something bad happen, my fan nv work and water temp raise to 33 degree. My coral "enjoy" almost 8 hrs of sauna. Hammer die, GSP polyp nv come out from its mat, bubble coral and cynarina nv expand to as big as before.... Heart very pain now. Hope i can nurse them back.

Looking forward to your photo updates! :eyebrow:

I'm also interested to find out how your zoas are doing with the viper. I'm still deciding if I should go for MH or just stick to T5s.

Bro so far its doing a gd job for my zoas, i can see growth and spreading of zoa. Anyway why u wanna change? T5 not gd enuf? Ur zoas grow very well and gorgeous lei.

Hi Curahee

My upcoming tank will be very similar size to yours. Just 5 cm bigger lol

Mine is a 45 cm cube.

Acouple of questions which I hope you can help answer.

- How is the Viper 150k? Thinking of getting that or the Aqualight clip-on MH.

Did you do a comparison of the 2?

- Should I get a K1 or K2? Will K2 be too strong?

Thanks

Hi bro, i nv use aqualight clip on MH hence i can't do any comparison. :paiseh:

As for the second question, it depend on what coral u wanna keep, if keeping sps of coz 150 watt will be better. I have k1 and k2 and use both on my current setup and i nv notice any significant changes, the reason why i change back to 150 watt is becoz i cannot find any shop that carry 70 watt MH bulb, been to many lfs and all say they dun carry 70 watt MH bulb. Hence this is another issue when using 70 watt MH. Any bro got any lobang where carry 70 watt 20k MH pls let me know ya :thanks: Anyway If i have a 45 cm cube, i will opt for a 150 watt.