chiller, when to service?

tiffanydunk

hw do we know it's time to be serviced?

If you have filters, clean it every 2 months. Every a year or 1.5 years, you can buy the cleaning acid at the refrigeration shop to clean the cooling coils. If it takes longer to cool down your tank, may be need to top-up the gas.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member
If you have filters, clean it every 2 months. Every a year or 1.5 years, you can buy the cleaning acid at the refrigeration shop to clean the cooling coils. If it takes longer to cool down your tank, may be need to top-up the gas.

yo bro, topping up gas can DIY?

pico pico pico.

• SRC Member
yo bro, topping up gas can DIY?

topping up of gas is not easy n u need the right tool to do it.if there a leak, then u r making thing worse.....juz pay for the service. anyway, u dun top up the gas very often.

• SRC Supporter

bro, topping up gas means its leaking inside liao,chiller dun haf to topup gas 1..

it works juz like ur aircon and fridge.

was told to me by 2 chiller service personal.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
bro, topping up gas means its leaking inside liao,chiller dun haf to topup gas 1..

it works juz like ur aircon and fridge.

was told to me by 2 chiller service personal.

if no need to topup gas, wad do we really service our chiller for?

pico pico pico.

if no need to topup gas, wad do we really service our chiller for?

Your chiller will have a fan and this fan will draw air into it to remove heat from the aluminium fins. The aluminium fins are tightly pack to increase the surface area. Dust is easily trapped or stucked onto the fins as the air is not so clean. After a long while the efficiency of the fins will be not so good and will take a longer time to chill the water. So need to do chemical cleaning on the fins. This is easy to DIY.

Also, once a while, need to flush your inlet/outlet of the chiller. Normally I use vinegar. Just leave about 10-15 minutes and flush again with running water. Lots of minute coco worms will comeout... :lol:

My pacific cool chiler has been running for 4-5 years without ever topping up the gas. I just do the aboev only every 2 years.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Supporter
Your chiller will have a fan and this fan will draw air into it to remove heat from the aluminium fins. The aluminium fins are tightly pack to increase the surface area. Dust is easily trapped or stucked onto the fins as the air is not so clean. After a long while the efficiency of the fins will be not so good and will take a longer time to chill the water. So need to do chemical cleaning on the fins. This is easy to DIY.

Also, once a while, need to flush your inlet/outlet of the chiller. Normally I use vinegar. Just leave about 10-15 minutes and flush again with running water. Lots of minute coco worms will comeout... :lol:

My pacific cool chiler has been running for 4-5 years without ever topping up the gas. I just do the aboev only every 2 years.

yeap thats real true about the dust thingy,

for the coco worms.. have yet to try! haha :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed