PHosphate reactors

Hey guys, if im using a phosphate reactor does that mean that they will be actually no algae growth at all cause the reactor removes all of the phosphate or will there still be some algae growth albeit lesser than when not using a phosphate reactor? was wondering if im using a PR will there still be any food left to feed the snails.

Thanks for ur help!

Hooked since March 2009

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Supporter

The use of a phosphate reactor help to reduce or remove the level of P04 built up which is a major cause of algae bloom for fish tank, however other causes of algae bloom include High Nitrate N03 , improper spectrum of lighting and overfeeding as well will also cause algae bloom ..

So you will still notice some / little algae growth although your P04 level maybe Zero..

bro borrow your thread.

Cam most FR be used out of sump?

what media should be added into the reactor?

Any recommendation for a good FR?

The use of a phosphate reactor help to reduce or remove the level of P04 built up which is a major cause of algae bloom for fish tank, however other causes of algae bloom include High Nitrate N03 , improper spectrum of lighting and overfeeding as well will also cause algae bloom ..

So you will still notice some / little algae growth although your P04 level maybe Zero..

u can do that but with risk of leaking......you should have your tank water running through it and the flow rate should be from 800 to 1000.........

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
bro borrow your thread.

Cam most FR be used out of sump?

what media should be added into the reactor?

Any recommendation for a good FR?

I am using TLF FR ( TWO LITTLE FISH). Hang on the side of my sump tank, out of the water. Manual say can be use up to tank volume of 150 gallon and outside sump tank. Media i use is ROWA. Result not bad. Flowrate required for this FR is ~ 300L/hr, using tunze universal pump, 5W. Got the whole set from reefdepot. Bro, can check out the details at www.reefdepot.com.sg

• SRC Member
I am using TLF FR ( TWO LITTLE FISH). Hang on the side of my sump tank, out of the water. Manual say can be use up to tank volume of 150 gallon and outside sump tank. Media i use is ROWA. Result not bad. Flowrate required for this FR is ~ 300L/hr, using tunze universal pump, 5W. Got the whole set from reefdepot. Bro, can check out the details at www.reefdepot.com.sg

One more thing, if you decide to use the FR out of the sump and the pipings involved are long, you might need to get a better pump instead of this tiny mini pump.

thanks guys for the reply.

1 last question, what is Rowa? any photo to show me?

One more thing, if you decide to use the FR out of the sump and the pipings involved are long, you might need to get a better pump instead of this tiny mini pump.

• SRC Member
thanks guys for the reply.

1 last question, what is Rowa? any photo to show me?

Rowa is one of the many brands around, a filter media that removes PO4, usually place inside a FR. For photos, you can check out at www.reefdepot.com.sg, under filter media. Apart from Rowa, you can also view some of the other brands for PO4 removal media that this shop carries. Of course, there are also many other good brands around. Different LFS shops might sell different/other brands. For me, I'm happy with Rowa. It is based strictly on personal preferences/positive experiences. Some other reefers might prefer or recommend other brands.

found it. thanks

Rowa is one of the many brands around, a filter media that removes PO4, usually place inside a FR. For photos, you can check out at www.reefdepot.com.sg, under filter media. Apart from Rowa, you can also view some of the other brands for PO4 removal media that this shop carries. Of course, there are also many other good brands around. Different LFS shops might sell different/other brands. For me, I'm happy with Rowa. It is based strictly on personal preferences/positive experiences. Some other reefers might prefer or recommend other brands.