How to cure fishes with fungus?

Hi, anybody kind enough to give some advice in removing or cure my angelfish with fungus? It is spreading fast...almost whole body covered. And it is spreading to 3 other angels too. What should I do? I can't remove the infected fish unless I remove all the rock from my aquarium. Can somebody pls..pls give me adv. :thanks:

• SRC Member

Hi Bro

There are many reefers in this forum very helpful. If you could list down the tank size and current live stocks you have in it, it will be easier for others to advice.

A picture will definite speaks a thousand words.

Here's my 2 cents:

Get ready salt-water for water change (20 - 30%). Of cos it depends on what live stocks you have currently

Try to identify the root of the cause if possible. Like due to adding new live stock...etc.

bro, can post some pics so u can be advised correctly

So sorry bro, I just can't get the pic of it. It kept hiding in the rocks. But it is white, cotton like. Could it be cured by itself? or Do I have to remove everything from the tank to get it out?

Hi Bro

There are many reefers in this forum very helpful. If you could list down the tank size and current live stocks you have in it, it will be easier for others to advice.

A picture will definite speaks a thousand words.

Here's my 2 cents:

Get ready salt-water for water change (20 - 30%). Of cos it depends on what live stocks you have currently

Try to identify the root of the cause if possible. Like due to adding new live stock...etc.

Thanks for the advice bro. Will try to do WC

Hi, anybody kind enough to give some advice in removing or cure my angelfish with fungus? It is spreading fast...almost whole body covered. And it is spreading to 3 other angels too. What should I do? I can't remove the infected fish unless I remove all the rock from my aquarium. Can somebody pls..pls give me adv. :thanks:

You can try Myxazin.

Suppose to be reef safe.

My shrimp is not affected, but corals are.

Well, you decide if you want to save the fish or corals..... :rolleyes:

• SRC Member

From your description, to me it sound like your fish have Lymphocystis aka stress related disease, no medication is needed and useless. Fishes infected with lymphocytis is usually cause by stress due to harassment by aggressive tank mate or water quality. Not to worry they will go off in a few weeks time as long as you leave it alone. Is the pic similar to your case

post-4953-1244528403.jpg

post-4953-1244528410.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my favourite fish only.

Give me one more chance....

Go to pharmacy like Guardian, ask for hydrogen peroxide. It will come in pre-diluted form of 3%.

Dosage is 2ml per liter of seawater. Bath your fish in this for not more than 30 mins with aeration. Observe the fish carefully and remove it early if it does not seem to tolerate it well. Wait a few days and repeat if the fungus has not completely been eradicated.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

From your description, to me it sound like your fish have Lymphocystis aka stress related disease, no medication is needed and useless. Fishes infected with lymphocytis is usually cause by stress due to harassment by aggressive tank mate or water quality. Not to worry they will go off in a few weeks time as long as you leave it alone. Is the pic similar to your case

Yes..yes..yes bro Bigbird. That is it. But mine is growing more and more amd is starting to spread on my other 2 angels.

It's been 3 weeks since it was infected. ( Actually the infection started from the new live stock that I added to my tank 3 weeks ago)

Or should I do a major water change? ( How many % )

Pls adv bro Bigbird. :thanks:

Go to pharmacy like Guardian, ask for hydrogen peroxide. It will come in pre-diluted form of 3%.

Dosage is 2ml per liter of seawater. Bath your fish in this for not more than 30 mins with aeration. Observe the fish carefully and remove it early if it does not seem to tolerate it well. Wait a few days and repeat if the fungus has not completely been eradicated.

Can I mix it in the main tank? Cause I could not/ don't know how to remove the fish unless I remove all of the rocks. It's too much work bro. Any adv?

Can I mix it in the main tank? Cause I could not/ don't know how to remove the fish unless I remove all of the rocks. It's too much work bro. Any adv?

Only way is to remove the rocks.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• SRC Member

Agree with Bigbird, I have had many new fishes with lympho and they just cure by themselves after a while. Keep your routine maintenance going like changing water periodically and you will see them get better.

4x1.5x2.3 home tank

6x2x2.3 office tank

The faster way is to go and get a banner. between 1 - 2". It will solve your problem. Else like Bigbird said wait and it will disappear by themselves.

fungus in marine environment is very very rare. s for lypo, just maintain ur water quality , they will recover by themselves. as long as it did not affect the mouth which will in turn affect their eating, they will be fine.

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

fungus in marine environment is very very rare. s for lypo, just maintain ur water quality , they will recover by themselves. as long as it did not affect the mouth which will in turn affect their eating, they will be fine.

Will do major WC. But by how many % bro? How long usually will recover by themselves?

Thanks

Oh ok. Thanks a lot bro. Can I put more than 1? If cant't find that size, can I go for biggers size ones ? maybe M?

Is ok to have more. Ideal is 1 - 2". Take your time to pick when they are mixed with other fishes. It will peek on the body too.