Taiwan LFS

bro can you share the places that i should visit?

or any links/forums for taiwan enthusiasts.

places of interests or LFS?

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

Too bad, we cant buy and bring in Live stocks by ourself..

Why is that so?

Understand the LIQ constraint when bring onboard.

How about check-in luggage? Packed the fish bag in styrofoam box...full protection :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
lfs' please that i could visit. :thanks:

Hi there. Well i was told there is a street in taipei that has lfs which is similiar to the one in hkg but not so happening compare to hkg. Marine stuff quite limited. Personally never being there but might chk the palce out when in tpe. The street name is min quan dong lu near min quan da qiao.

Do give some feed back for those that being to that street ok. Thx.

Because of the new Airline LAG policy (Liquids, Aerosols, Gels) you cannot hand carry fish aboard.

Kinda stupid, as I've yet to hear of any fish that can survive for even one minute in a volatile liquid.

But airlines and policy makers aren't the brightest bunch, best you can do is pick up a couple of Kordon Breather Bags (someone at AQ is bringing in and selling these)

and carefully pack them into styrofoam or sturdy cardboard boxes in your check in luggage.

Be sure you do not exceed AVA limits on ornamental fish for personal use and don't try to bring in any CITES / endangered /prohibited species of fauna.

"A traveller may import up to 30 fish in not more than 3 litres of water or a mixture of the different varieties of ornamental aquatic organisms provided it does not exceed 5kg in total weight and must be within a traveller's limit for the various items. For details, please refer to AVA website at www.ava.gov.sg"

http://www.cites.org/

http://www.ava.gov.sg/AnimalsPetSector/Imp...OrnamentalFish/

• SRC Member
Because of the new Airline LAG policy (Liquids, Aerosols, Gels) you cannot hand carry fish aboard.

Kinda stupid, as I've yet to hear of any fish that can survive for even one minute in a volatile liquid.

But airlines and policy makers aren't the brightest bunch, best you can do is pick up a couple of Kordon Breather Bags (someone at AQ is bringing in and selling these)

and carefully pack them into styrofoam or sturdy cardboard boxes in your check in luggage.

Be sure you do not exceed AVA limits on ornamental fish for personal use and don't try to bring in any CITES / endangered /prohibited species of fauna.

"A traveller may import up to 30 fish in not more than 3 litres of water or a mixture of the different varieties of ornamental aquatic organisms provided it does not exceed 5kg in total weight and must be within a traveller's limit for the various items. For details, please refer to AVA website at www.ava.gov.sg"

http://www.cites.org/

http://www.ava.gov.sg/AnimalsPetSector/Imp...OrnamentalFish/

yep correct and even if you are gonna pack it ur self into ur small little luggage,be sure to ask an experience

lfs owner from the shop to pump the air for you into the bag if the whole bag is filled with air it will explode when the fly is aking off then you will

see ur "gem"tang on someones bag hehehe :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

yep correct and even if you are gonna pack it ur self into ur small little luggage,be sure to ask an experience

lfs owner from the shop to pump the air for you into the bag if the whole bag is filled with air it will explode when the fly is aking off then you will

see ur "gem"tang on someones bag hehehe :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Thats why you have to buy Kordon Breather bags :pirate:

http://www.novalek.com/kordon/breathing_bags/index.htm

You can pack the fish without air because the bags allow CO2 and Oxygen in through a semi permeable membrane type bag.

This way your poor fish won't get sloshed around in the bag, and the bag won't burst as easily because there won't be a big air pocket in it.

(Can also pack more fish into a smaller box) :ph34r:

These bags are not some gimmick, they are proven and most of the American LFS and frag swappers use these to ship livestock around.

Thats why you have to buy Kordon Breather bags :pirate:

http://www.novalek.com/kordon/breathing_bags/index.htm

You can pack the fish without air because the bags allow CO2 and Oxygen in through a semi permeable membrane type bag.

This way your poor fish won't get sloshed around in the bag, and the bag won't burst as easily because there won't be a big air pocket in it.

(Can also pack more fish into a smaller box) :ph34r:

These bags are not some gimmick, they are proven and most of the American LFS and frag swappers use these to ship livestock around.

Who is interested in the breathing bags?

Can do a mass order :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Why is that so?

Understand the LIQ constraint when bring onboard.

How about check-in luggage? Packed the fish bag in styrofoam box...full protection :eyebrow:

I think must declare worh... :eyeblur:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
I think must declare worh... :eyeblur:

if not wrong is that can bring in 30 fishes into singapore with 3 liters of water

dont think need to declare its just about the bag/packing problem :eyebrow::unsure: :unsure:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Member
if not wrong is that can bring in 30 fishes into singapore with 3 liters of water

dont think need to declare its just about the bag/packing problem :eyebrow::unsure: :unsure:

Last yr if i'm not wrong the custom announcement said "blah blah blah blah, If you're bringing in livestock eg. tortoise, fishes or rabbits, pls proceed to declare... blah blah blah... :lol:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

:idea: hmmm got a friend bring back stuff from overseas just check in d baggage without much problem....they bring back stuff filled with water & air inside d plastic bag & wrapped with more layers of plastic bag & newspaper then put inside d bag to check in....all survive during flight & none of them explode....just make sure that u dont bring them onboard d airplane....hope it helps :peace:

• SRC Member
Last yr if i'm not wrong the custom announcement said "blah blah blah blah, If you're bringing in livestock eg. tortoise, fishes or rabbits, pls proceed to declare... blah blah blah... :lol:

hehe they scared ur fish might contain drugs mah

so mush check and declare hehehe :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg