Skimmer Question

• SRC Member

Dear Sgreefclub,

Bought a 1200l/hr pump with skimmer (JEBO) fr c328 yesterday.

One question, it's a hangon skimmer. Can i hang it outside the tank and attach pipings to pump water in and out?

Instead of having it in the tank.

Regards

Buying 2x2x2 tank cabinet with sump :) pm me!

• 5 weeks later...
Dear Sgreefclub,

Bought a 1200l/hr pump with skimmer (JEBO) fr c328 yesterday.

One question, it's a hangon skimmer. Can i hang it outside the tank and attach pipings to pump water in and out?

Instead of having it in the tank.

Regards

if its a hangon skimmer, you should hang the skimmer outside the tank with piping to the inlet pump and put the pump inside the tank. Of course your outlet pipe need to channel water back into the water again. I seldom see people put the entire hangon skimmer into the tank. Well unless you are saying you put in your sump, then yes, there are some insump and out of sump skimmer but those are not to be used as hangon.:)

• 3 months later...
if its a hangon skimmer, you should hang the skimmer outside the tank with piping to the inlet pump and put the pump inside the tank. Of course your outlet pipe need to channel water back into the water again. I seldom see people put the entire hangon skimmer into the tank. Well unless you are saying you put in your sump, then yes, there are some insump and out of sump skimmer but those are not to be used as hangon.:)

The danger of hanging outside is overflow (if not tune properly) or leakage which will flood your house. Occur to me when I first started this hobby years ago. Now everything is in sump to play safe.