comy's newbie tank

comycus

• SRC Member
but I don't have such a big pot to cook them in! My rocks are all big ones... maybe put in oven and roast... lol

Gd idea!!! :eyebrow:

U try and tell me the effect hor... :whistle

Never seen anyone roast live rocks in oven before... :blink:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

mum will kill comycus. btw why not get a toyogo box and dry the LR then keep it. that what i did. well it solve all this worms and mantis issue.

i get the rock i like. fiji and tonga. well kill it... they will grow back de...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
mum will kill comycus. btw why not get a toyogo box and dry the LR then keep it. that what i did. well it solve all this worms and mantis issue.

i get the rock i like. fiji and tonga. well kill it... they will grow back de...

Anyone got toyogo box can lend? I need to cycle my new rocks for at least 1 week coz of the die off during tpt anyway...

Anyone got toyogo box can lend? I need to cycle my new rocks for at least 1 week coz of the die off during tpt anyway...

my boxes filled with toys in the storeroom :(

I got the tunze pail if that helps.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Rhinos doing good. Suns not so good... Think I'm gonna do the tupperware method tonight le...

And my elegance showing signs of elegance disease... sad sad day

The stress factor that comes with reefing.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

Dry them under the sun, then when dry liao then put inside tuppear ware loh.. not wet wet put inside tupper wear as it will be a rude surprise to the next person who open it and the worms may still be alive as there is some mositure.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
Rhinos doing good. Suns not so good... Think I'm gonna do the tupperware method tonight le...

oh dear...wat happen to yr elegance? is it being infested with flatworms? any rotting smell?

mine refused to eat though it is doing ok.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
oh dear...wat happen to yr elegance? is it being infested with flatworms? any rotting smell?

mine refused to eat though it is doing ok.

The stress factor that comes with reefing.

I learn not to be so stress or bothered by such stuff le... just do my best and if cannot then cannot lor... Suspect my wrasses are the culpruits. They have been nipping on all my corals in their bid to find more food... Maybe I don't feed them enough... tt's why whole day keep searching for food in and ard my corals.

• SRC Member
I learn not to be so stress or bothered by such stuff le... just do my best and if cannot then cannot lor... Suspect my wrasses are the culpruits. They have been nipping on all my corals in their bid to find more food... Maybe I don't feed them enough... tt's why whole day keep searching for food in and ard my corals.

ohh man...nip nip here n there sure habis...

l7304smr.jpg

Planning a rescape of my tank with some quality live rock from some of the bros here I know :eyebrow: take the opportunity to get rid of my 1.5ft+ worm hiding inside my rocks :shock: and some pests (Jacky if I were you, I would try to get rid of them too, they are the same as the ones you have in your tank... My 10+ stalks have spread to over 100+ in less than 3 weeks)

Anyone wants to help contribute with optic power (copyrighted by Jacky)?

You got the rock from somebody posted? I miss the chance... Normally I'm not so often to check forum.

Thanks for your help to repair my wave maker last Sunday!! Jacky also facing same problem?

If so you can change mother board at Iwarna(Victor) and will be solve problem.

Btw, will you go GO tomorrow? Let me know then...

Thanks for your help to repair my wave maker last Sunday!! Jacky also facing same problem?

If so you can change mother board at Iwarna(Victor) and will be solve problem.

THanks Koji. I had my Vortech replaced already.

• SRC Supporter
the best way to kill the worms is to cook the rock in hot water and dry them..:)

i got "tons" of dead rocks for me to play around. :)

pls rem if u guys cook ur rocks,be prepared to better a major war involving po4.

it taks awhile for the rocks to bcome "live" and they will stop leeching hell lotsa po4 is when coraline grows and cover them.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
pls rem if u guys cook ur rocks,be prepared to better a major war involving po4.

it taks awhile for the rocks to bcome "live" and they will stop leeching hell lotsa po4 is when coraline grows and cover them.

nonono no cooking or baking for me... <_<

Don't have an industrial kitchen at home to be able to do this kinda thing... Must help me rescape! :)

What is elegance disease? :thanks:

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member
What is elegance disease? :thanks:

They just slowly wither to death for no apparent reason? I believe elegance used to be v. hardy coral to keep. This 'disease' has only showed up in huge numbers in recent years, and the cause for it is still unknown. The tentacles start retracting back into flesh, then flesh starts shrinking and eventually the puipui elegance from 10 inches shrink to 4 inch n ure tank crash.

Best is to remove the elegance before it reaches tt stage. I can only pray and hope my elegance deciding to take short vacation break only. Tentacles seem to open abit bigger last night... *cross fingers*

• SRC Member
nonono no cooking or baking for me... <_<

Don't have an industrial kitchen at home to be able to do this kinda thing... Must help me rescape! :)

After you rescape u can buy and put in all the Reborn Aussie corals... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
They just slowly wither to death for no apparent reason? I believe elegance used to be v. hardy coral to keep. This 'disease' has only showed up in huge numbers in recent years, and the cause for it is still unknown. The tentacles start retracting back into flesh, then flesh starts shrinking and eventually the puipui elegance from 10 inches shrink to 4 inch n ure tank crash.

Best is to remove the elegance before it reaches tt stage. I can only pray and hope my elegance deciding to take short vacation break only. Tentacles seem to open abit bigger last night... *cross fingers*

i seems to be facing similar problem as yours...crossing my fingers and legs as well.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
waah super poisonous!!!!! :sick:

I think I might have to give this next shipment a miss... my $$ not v. good after spending so much. Just received my credit card bill... lol

If reborn aussie shipment too expensive then GO GO GO...u can do A GO GO dance at GO... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
see no evil B) Just stare at my credit card bill lol

see how ba, maybe GO got nice shipment today :)

Since when GO dun have nice shipment??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Since when GO dun have nice shipment??? :eyebrow:

lol I have quite a specific scape in mind after getting 1 rock from a nice bro. Just need to start stocking up on them slowly... :eyebrow:

i seems to be facing similar problem as yours...crossing my fingers and legs as well.

bro you got to be careful, better monitor closely. Coz if your other elegance dieded from this 'disease', this one sure kena also.