comy's newbie tank

comycus

• SRC Member
JBJ surface skimmer cost around $13-$15 and Ehiem one is around $20 plus.

Jacky is fast and smart...cho first...you got ask him transfer money to you first or not...hahaha

Eheim one so cheap ah? JBJ one dependent on water level? I don't have ato.

hahaa if Jacky never pay then i o$p$ big big on his thread :P

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol..... my integrity not so fragile lah .....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

For the JBJ, you have to adjust the flow. If you need help with that, let me know...i found out i have a straight bus to your place..less than 20mins. As for ehiem one, is easier...no adjusting needed.

lolx...O$P$

l7304smr.jpg

For the JBJ, you have to adjust the flow. If you need help with that, let me know...i found out i have a straight bus to your place..less than 20mins. As for ehiem one, is easier...no adjusting needed.

lolx...O$P$

get the one that dun need adjusting. else will be like my reefpack... very troublesome.

should be like this O$P$

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

I got one Eheim surface skimmer...long time never use liao... :eyebrow:

Can exchange for some of your eagle eye and sunflower frags... :eyebrow::rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Going to get some aussie stuffs?! haha...

Well, i was the only one there for his "open house".

Left the zoas for you...haha...his eagle eyes are damn swee plus his exquisite wrasse + anthias...only got his sun corals.

Hey, Comycus...you got a nice tank there! Dun sell...haha...probably add a surface skimmer to clear the detritus floating on the surface.

Aussie shipment is delayed as they haven't got the CITES cert yet. Probably next week will get the CITES cert and then they can get the Aussie shipment in.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
I got one Eheim surface skimmer...long time never use liao... :eyebrow:

Can exchange for some of your eagle eye and sunflower frags... :eyebrow::rolleyes:

hahaa the zoas more valuable to me :P

anyway, computer's finally up and running! been busy setting it up over the weekend...

• SRC Member

Just something to reward the bros reading my thread which has been picture-less for some time...

My exquisite has been flashing almost every evening. He's a beautiful sight! I guess he's trying to mark out his territory from the new scape.

post-16489-1260096801_thumb.jpg

post-16489-1260096812_thumb.jpg

Just something to reward the bros reading my thread which has been picture-less for some time...

My exquisite has been flashing almost every evening. He's a beautiful sight! I guess he's trying to mark out his territory from the new scape.

No FTS of new scape?!?!Nice exquisite!Wierd thing is I don't really know how to appreciate them...maybe haven't seen enough of them!HAHA!

No FTS of new scape?!?!Nice exquisite!Wierd thing is I don't really know how to appreciate them...maybe haven't seen enough of them!HAHA!

Comy's FTS hard to come by. Gotta wait for a few weeks minimum usually :P

i am also not a fan of wrasse. Do not know how to appreciate them to.

• SRC Member

Comy's FTS hard to come by. Gotta wait for a few weeks minimum usually :P

i am also not a fan of wrasse. Do not know how to appreciate them to.

lol I always say my FTS not worthy enough... Let my tank stabilise for awhile longer and stock up more gems :)

But this new scape has gf-stamped approval already. Her trained eye said it looks more natural than my other scape, so I guess I'm happy with tt :D

btw, when the wrasse flashes, it looks really beautiful. hahaa the blue lines you see on the body really lights up. Like neon electric blue. Catch it flashing once and I'm sure you will get addicted to it!

• SRC Member
yes of coz. elegance hmm...once u get a super healthy specimen, please dont be so careless like me to kill it T_T still cant get over it. nvm i have a healthy one now so its ok lo..

elegance u wanna look out a few signs when ur in LFS. most elegance in LFS are doomed to die because of elegance coral disease. the name of this sounds very made up, but there is a very detailed article written on a reef magazine explaining the different pathogens causing this. as of now, the actual cause of this ailment is still very much unknown, thus the term ECD or ECSyndrome is given.

If u see bloated elegance corals with shrunken tentacles, or ones which produce excessive slime, not retracted to full glory, melting, or exposed skeleton, leave them. the most tell tale signs of ECS is the extremely bloated appearance with shrunken tentacles. ECS can spread from an unhealthy elegance to a healthy one, so if u see a tank with 10 elegance, and 1 with ECS, i will rather u leave all of them. coz u do not want to take the risk. i learnt from my mistake...a very painful mistake. i find that elegance from fish farms tend to do better as compared to fish shops. this is just my personal experience. why?

because shops usually carry alot of them. like when a coral shipment comes, usually will have like 10-15 pieces? the chances of one of them having ECS is higher and chances of all being contaminated is very high. whereas u see pasir ris farm and LCK for example. each tank hold only 2-3 elegance. chances are slim for the disease. I have bought 4 elegance from shop and none survived showing signs of ECS. farms for me have moer success with 3 of them surviving many months with healthy polyp extension.

Once you have aquired a healthy specimen, full body, no tissue recession, no ECS, u want to bring it home and place it in a position it likes. many people place elegance coral on rocks. all elegance are found in muddy dirty sand beds in the wild and they should be kept like this in the home aquaria. Not on rocks which is unatural for them. the rocks might rub against their massive body when they contract and expand which will irritate it. Dont need strong lights as in the wild, they are found in rather murky water shaded by sea grasses. No need strong blasting water movement. gentle wave enough to sway their tentacle is enough. most elegance come in a cone shaped skeletal base which u can insert and place in the sand bed. this is how they prefer to be placed. u can put on rocks lah, but not advisable. if they fall, tissue damage is very high as they expand up with water during the day, thus making them very heavy. more suseptable to damage.

thats all i have to say about cataphyllia. becareful of their sting because its one of the most powerful of all corals.

Found the thing you wanted to know about bro :)

Hey thanks spot on...this is what i am looking for thanks! but after reading this i think i must have bought a ECS elegance! sad sad sad! oh well

• SRC Member
Hey thanks spot on...this is what i am looking for thanks! but after reading this i think i must have bought a ECS elegance! sad sad sad! oh well

Don't be too quick to throw it away. Thought mine was ECS, but I think it has sort of recovered now. Doesn't look as big as it was before, but the flesh definitely opening up much better now. Still crossing my fingers. :)

• SRC Member

okie... my gf's current fav coral. Bought from RD recently.

post-16489-1260192313_thumb.jpg

My coral stocking will prob be following this trend in future as my gf wants it to be more 'natural' not like tt "ugly looking thing". (my gf's term for my favourite brain corals... :( )

• Senior Reefer

some think that ECS is a hoax, some think its real. there is an experimental thread going on in reef keeping magazine. where elegance corals suffering from the said "ECS" is being investigated. swabs from mucus of corals were identified to contain harmful protozoa and microbes.

wether real or not, it seems to be infectious and kills fast. so might wanna take not on that. also, furan might work..

• Senior Reefer

My coral stocking will prob be following this trend in future as my gf wants it to be more 'natural' not like tt "ugly looking thing". (my gf's term for my favourite brain corals... :( )

welcome to my world. where anything non flowery or flowy will be dubbed as "static" or "playdoh" or "coloured rocks", "crayon rocks" "jelly rocks" etc.... the list goes on.

AHHA!I had a similar thought when i first saw hellbliss's brain on photo!AHHA!I tot it was some painted rock! :eyeblur:

• Senior Reefer
AHHA!I had a similar thought when i first saw hellbliss's brain on photo!AHHA!I tot it was some painted rock! :eyeblur:

hanor! hahaha! friends will come over and say hey! look at that crayon rock! how much ah? till i tell them its $80 there will be awkward silence, followed by "crazy" "SIAO!" and what not hahah! truth be told, never had a thing for brains too.... buy them only because of the colour. to me, looks like a lump of clay. will never bring my self to buy a prata :(

+1 I have the same taste. That's why no / minimum LPS for me.

• 2 weeks later...