comy's newbie tank

comycus

More pictures of this beauty exploring my tank. The colours are really amazing. Prob not as deep as it's companion, but I couldn't take tt one coz SOMEONE kiasu reserved it the moment it came in... :angry2: (haha btw it's feeding already, waiting for you to collect. Fairly aggressive fella, was chasing my copperband ard the tank...)

post-16489-1261238882_thumb.jpg

post-16489-1261238920_thumb.jpg

Nice fish nice coral nice picture :wub:

untitled.jpg

a noobie reefer...

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
very nice tank there :bow:

i always thought copperbands aren't reef safe, guess there's something to learn everyday

Thanks bro. I'm also hoping mine's reef safe... hahaa just hope la... gf wanted to get it, so have to take the risk.

Nice fish nice coral nice picture :wub:

hahaa upgrade la, then can get even nicer fish and corals than me!

• SRC Supporter
More pictures of this beauty exploring my tank. The colours are really amazing. Prob not as deep as it's companion, but I couldn't take tt one coz SOMEONE kiasu reserved it the moment it came in... :angry2: (haha btw it's feeding already, waiting for you to collect. Fairly aggressive fella, was chasing my copperband ard the tank...)

aiyo bro, why like that?

he reserve the moment it came in and he did not even know you wanted it. furthermore he did not choose that single piece. he merely asked henry to reserve a feeding 1 for him.

his kinda innocent i guess? :upsidedown:

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
aiyo bro, why like that?

he reserve the moment it came in and he did not even know you wanted it. furthermore he did not choose that single piece. he merely asked henry to reserve a feeding 1 for him.

his kinda innocent i guess? :upsidedown:

haha since he's not ard, take the chance to suan him la... :P

both are nice :D his one a tad more aggressive.

hmm... but henry's shipment this time v. good. All are feeding already. Those interested in getting should go down!

• SRC Member

Decided to start feeding my LPS... Couldn't find any silver fish at supermarket though, so I bought this instead.

post-16489-1261325229_thumb.jpg

Cost a bomb, but rhizo was v. happy eating it. Look a its tentacles! I think after a few weeks of feeding can look forward to really long tentacles! :) Guess tt means I'm keeping my rhizo for the time being.

post-16489-1261325244_thumb.jpg

Sorry for lousy photos, I haven't figured out my camera settings taken under blue LED, anyone can help?

Decided to start feeding my LPS... Couldn't find any silver fish at supermarket though, so I bought this instead.

Cost a bomb, but rhizo was v. happy eating it. Look a its tentacles! I think after a few weeks of feeding can look forward to really long tentacles! :) Guess tt means I'm keeping my rhizo for the time being.

Sorry for lousy photos, I haven't figured out my camera settings taken under blue LED, anyone can help?

Another upgrade? wow....

Which LED are you using now?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

i think that fella will be happier with snow crab or king carb. :lol:

and if u got left over of it, let me know too. i dun mind it for dinner :P

and dun forget to bill me.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
Another upgrade? wow....

hi jacky,

that LED is custom made by Vincent of Aquarium Artist.

seen it personally, very nicely done and of very good effect on corals.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
Another upgrade? wow....

hi jacky,

that LED is custom made by Vincent of Aquarium Artist.

seen it personally, very nicely done and of very good effect on corals.

Yup, I must say Vincent's strips provided a budget alternative for poor ppl like me :) Build is solid for it's price, and the acrylic support stand is a nice finishing touch. The luminous effect on my corals especially my zoas are pretty amazing. I love looking at my tank after 11.30pm when only the LEDs are on :)

But still cannot figure out how to capture the effect on camera... Anyone can share how you take photos under your royal blue leds?

• SRC Member
i think that fella will be happier with snow crab or king carb. :lol:

and if u got left over of it, let me know too. i dun mind it for dinner :P

and dun forget to bill me.

haha bro you are welcome to take more from me this weekend. The expiry date is till end Jan 2010 so I definitely cannot finish so much. Offer extends to Jacky and Nigel (or anyone else who wants) when you come over to my place too :)

btw, it may not be as expensive as Alaskan snow or king crab, but here's an excerpt on the high quality crab claw meat I'm feeding:

Our Pacific Cove and Tropic Bay brands of crabmeat start with “live†Blue Swimming Crabs from the Indo-West Pacific. While some may claim their crabmeat comes from “Blue Swimming Crabsâ€, there is only one true Blue Swimmer…the species Portunus pelagicus. This species is the most sought-after of the imported crab species. While there are other crab species available in the same catching areas, the texture and flavor of these other crabs are inferior to the texture and taste of the true Blue Swimmer. For this reason, our Pacific Cove and Tropic Bay brands are exclusively 100% Blue Swimming crab.

Sounds like gourmet stuff to my corals!

• SRC Member
why dont just feed market prawn? cheaper!!

did the product haev any preservatives?

hahaa It's really not tt much cheaper after doing the math. and market prawn stinks!

My concern for this product is it's "pasteurized". Can the gurus out there confirm if this is ok? I understand that the process is to reduce the number of pathogens in the product. Any adverse side effects as a result of this process?

As far as I can discern, no preservatives were added.

Yup, I must say Vincent's strips provided a budget alternative for poor ppl like me :) Build is solid for it's price, and the acrylic support stand is a nice finishing touch. The luminous effect on my corals especially my zoas are pretty amazing. I love looking at my tank after 11.30pm when only the LEDs are on :)

But still cannot figure out how to capture the effect on camera... Anyone can share how you take photos under your royal blue leds?

dun get me fire up on the poor ppl thingy and ummm you are definitely not one of them :P

Will be nice to check out your LED when I am there tml.

BTW, might be there with my girls hor....

I assumed you have tried custom setting your WB and it is still purplish?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
dun get me fire up on the poor ppl thingy and ummm you are definitely not one of them :P

Will be nice to check out your LED when I am there tml.

BTW, might be there with my girls hor....

I assumed you have tried custom setting your WB and it is still purplish?

lol i'm hoping for the day I can afford a 6 footer. Not just to afford the tank, but the space in the house to put it in.

hmmm it's so blue tt it washes out every other colour. I want to capture the blue effect, but also want to capture the luminous colours. Maybe I need to photoshop. Have been pretty lazy in taking my photos lately. Just resize and post them up...

Think I need to give my tank a good scrub or your girls will say this kor kor's (not uncle! haha) tank v. dirty n ugly :paiseh:

lhmmm it's so blue tt it washes out every other colour. I want to capture the blue effect, but also want to capture the luminous colours. Maybe I need to photoshop. Have been pretty lazy in taking my photos lately. Just resize and post them up...

Think I need to give my tank a good scrub or your girls will say this kor kor's (not uncle! haha) tank v. dirty n ugly :paiseh:

Which camera are you using? on the lazy part, that makes 2 of us.....I'm even worse.... no photos lately :P

I'll ask her to call you "lao kor kor"

• SRC Member
Which camera are you using?

Using my old trusty nikon D60. :)

market prawn not ex meh?

1kg $7? good deal leh! u juz need 2-3? the rest i tabao home and cook! ;P

hahaa i give you shrimp, crab not enough, now you want me give you prawn? :P

Anyway I have decided to start mb7/vodka dosing. Intend to increase my feedings as mandarin doesn't seem to be getting enough food and target feeding my LPS. Don't think my current setup will allow me to maintain nitrates below 10ppm with this change.

At the same time, I will start dosing Vit C. Some of my zoas seem to be losing their colours, so hopefully it works! Since I'm going to be doing all these on a daily basis, I will also be dosing small amts of calcium magnesium and reef builder on alternate days. :) Time to get my lazy butt working and building tt dream tank!

Will try to provide some updates along the way...

• SRC Member
can trust this beauty with clams?

I'm actually not sure. I've read that they can usually do not bother clams. That probably translates as try at your own risk.

If you ask me, I would choose to keep this 2.5" beauty over a nice clam any day. Maybe I should add a small clam in to test if he takes a liking to it :)

I'm actually not sure. I've read that they can usually do not bother clams. That probably translates as try at your own risk.

If you ask me, I would choose to keep this 2.5" beauty over a nice clam any day. Maybe I should add a small clam in to test if he takes a liking to it :)

Thought you have a clam? or had?

and welcome to the dosing regime.

• SRC Member
Thought you have a clam? or had?

and welcome to the dosing regime.

:cry2: my wrasses took a liking to it... bet they never said

SPLENDID LEOPARD WRASSE NOT REEF SAFE

Another wonderful example of an exception to the rule. Nipped my brains, nipped my clams, I caught her red handed in the act so many times...

I'm going to try to diy a little bottle to drip into my tank every night. just need to mix and turn on the tap. Time to pay Daiso a visit :)

• SRC Member

actually u can buy frozen mysis..only $2 per pkg...have very good effects on my suns.

l7304smr.jpg

:cry2: my wrasses took a liking to it... bet they never said

SPLENDID LEOPARD WRASSE NOT REEF SAFE

!! was thinking of getting one .......