APTASIA

serravorte

• SRC Member

hi all...

plsss.... i have tried shooting kalkweisser, super glue, hot water, and many many other methods...

but i nv seemed to GET RID OF APTASIA... OMG... and iz SPREADING in my tank...

i have not try Joe Juice yet...

but i post this thread here to ask for the BEST CURE TO KILL APTASIA...

plsss serious problem lying here...

from 4 aptasia to 10 over aptasia NOW...

going crazy...

Help plsss

PS: dun tell me to remove my rock... iz all over my rock... i will haf to become empty tank if i haf to use this method...

THANK YOU..

My 3ft tank

Dimension --> 3ftx1.5ftx2ft

Ehiem 1262 return

Ehiem 1260

Artica 1/5hp Chiller

Tunze 6055 + 7091 single controller

EcoTech Marine Vortech MP40W

Royal Exclusive Mini BubbleKing 160

Lumenarc 250watt 10K BLV

02x Giesemann T5 39watt (blue + Actinic)

Deltec 501 CR

• Senior Reefer

concentrated calcium solution wont work? usually i put very very concentrated calcium additives in a syringe and just shoot it all over the aiptasia. will melt.

you can try peppermint shrimps..

• SRC Member

Hmm last time i tried using seagrass filefish and it works but some maybe a bit notorious and have a taste for your zoas if you have any.

girlone.png

• Senior Reefer

do note that not all peppermints will eat aiptasia. and if the aiptasia is too big for the peppermints, they might ignore. however, i have good records with them. i reccomend them too :)

• SRC Member

Read this thread.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

sorry guys... anything to recommend except peppermint shrimp???

cos i have a very GREEDY mystery wrasse...

watever shrimp i throw in, that shrimp will end up in his stomach... 100% money back guarantee..

concentrate calcium wont work too... they will 'melt' for a few days... then gather their force and split into 3 or more aptasia to give me more headache... tt's wat happening to me now...

Haiz... any other suggestions??? filefish wont work, reef tank... later aptasia gone, whole reef also gone...

thx for all the input...

hopefully can find a solution to it soon...

My 3ft tank

Ehiem 1262 return

Ehiem 1260

Artica 1/5hp Chiller

Lumenarc 250watt 10K BLV

Deltec 501 CR

Joes Juice works very well, the aiptasia die and melt within 30 seconds of application.

I bought mine from AM in Paya Lebar. I did experience some seemingly coincidental coral fatalities in the weeks after I first used it though.

(Strawberry Coral and Tree branch coral both died mysteriously)

Seagrass works for me. Used to have aiptasia garden which almost wipeout all my sps, now left 3-5 small ones.

I've tried joe juice, kalk, hotwater, pepermint, all do not work for me.

This is my seond seagrass. My first seagrass, I threw back to the sea coz it start nipping on my yellow milli. Then the whole tank bloom with aips. My second seagrass did a great job and clean up the tank. Those remaining aips just hiding, waiting to bloom again if my seagrass were to 'disappear'. Also, my second seagrass, doesn't nip on my sps or lps, but just luv henry's food, since there is not much aiptasia to go around.

No need to buy all those stuff, just throw that ugliest seagrass fish in your tank and let it do its work. Hope Henry would bring more of those 'trained' seagrass.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• Senior Reefer

i have had success with copperbands too. my coral beauty does pick on the occasional aiptasia...but not enough to consider it an aiptasia killer. i think the best solutions are to rid it off naturally.

- high nutrient will cause it to grow faster

- peppermints, copperbands and seagrass filfefish are natural predators.

- finally if all else fails, i will use chemicals. but in ur case...they don't work. so maybe u wanna try the filefish as bro rockyboy suggested?

Seagrass works for me. Used to have aiptasia garden which almost wipeout all my sps, now left 3-5 small ones.

I've tried joe juice, kalk, hotwater, pepermint, all do not work for me.

This is my seond seagrass. My first seagrass, I threw back to the sea coz it start nipping on my yellow milli. Then the whole tank bloom with aips. My second seagrass did a great job and clean up the tank. Those remaining aips just hiding, waiting to bloom again if my seagrass were to 'disappear'. Also, my second seagrass, doesn't nip on my sps or lps, but just luv henry's food, since there is not much aiptasia to go around.

No need to buy all those stuff, just throw that ugliest seagrass fish in your tank and let it do its work. Hope Henry would bring more of those 'trained' seagrass.

Hi RockyBoy

Can I know where can I get seaglass filefish? I also have the aiptasia problem and have been looking for seaglass after reading in this forum but cannot find any.

sorry serravorte for high jacking your thread.

• SRC Member
i have had success with copperbands too. my coral beauty does pick on the occasional aiptasia...but not enough to consider it an aiptasia killer. i think the best solutions are to rid it off naturally.

- high nutrient will cause it to grow faster

- peppermints, copperbands and seagrass filfefish are natural predators.

- finally if all else fails, i will use chemicals. but in ur case...they don't work. so maybe u wanna try the filefish as bro rockyboy suggested?

OK... anyone seen any seagrass anywhere???

hmmmm this is also another headache for me...

my SOHAL... hopefully it dun kill the seagrass when i throw it into the tank...

*PRAY*

but seagrass pretty UGLY though... haiz... ugly things eat ugly aptasia???

My 3ft tank

Ehiem 1262 return

Ehiem 1260

Artica 1/5hp Chiller

Lumenarc 250watt 10K BLV

Deltec 501 CR

Hi RockyBoy

Can I know where can I get seaglass filefish? I also have the aiptasia problem and have been looking for seaglass after reading in this forum but cannot find any.

sorry serravorte for high jacking your thread.

I've got it from another reefer a few months back after all my efforts to get rid of aipstasia using the known method have failed.

You can try asking Henry of Marine Life at West Coast. Give him a call to check first.

Member of :

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

OK... anyone seen any seagrass anywhere???

hmmmm this is also another headache for me...

my SOHAL... hopefully it dun kill the seagrass when i throw it into the tank...

*PRAY*

but seagrass pretty UGLY though... haiz... ugly things eat ugly aptasia???

Try calling Henry if he has any seagrass.

Your sohal should leave the seagrass alone coz it got spines all over the body.

Last year my dad caught some seagrass off changi beach however did not survive in my tank, may be I didn't acclimatise properly.

Member of :

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

I've got it from another reefer a few months back after all my efforts to get rid of aipstasia using the known method have failed.

You can try asking Henry of Marine Life at West Coast. Give him a call to check first.

thanks RockyBoy, will drop by Henry place this weekend to check out.

• SRC Member
Raccoon butterflies love aiptasia.

ehhhh really??? but issit reef safe???

being REEF SAFE is the UTMOST impt to me...

thx bro for the input

My 3ft tank

Ehiem 1262 return

Ehiem 1260

Artica 1/5hp Chiller

Lumenarc 250watt 10K BLV

Deltec 501 CR

• Senior Reefer
ehhhh really??? but issit reef safe???

being REEF SAFE is the UTMOST impt to me...

thx bro for the input

unfortunately raccoon butterflies are not reefsafe. raccoon and threadfin butterflies loove aiptasia its true. but they love your corals too ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Try calling Henry if he has any seagrass.

Your sohal should leave the seagrass alone coz it got spines all over the body.

Last year my dad caught some seagrass off changi beach however did not survive in my tank, may be I didn't acclimatise properly.

Wow bro how ur dad caught it