Questions on NSW > Natural Sea Water

TFMANIAC

Hello everyone.

I have a few questions regarding NSW.

Where are the places I can purchase NSW?

(Any reccomendations?)

What are the dangers of NSW?

When you buy some NSW, how do they deliver it you your home?

Is it safe to just take water from our beaches?

Please help

thank you

FOWLR Tank : Decom

Invert Tank: Decom

Current Tank: 2 ft with 2ft sump, 2 pyjama Cardinals, 1 Watchman Goby, 8 sand gobies, common saltwater shrimps, 3 turbo snails. 1 super green paly

• SRC Member

i buy from iwarna sometimes when going there to see fishes/corals.

1 gold coin per packet around 20+litres to fill one bucket.

2 blue notes to fill up your tank and they will deliver to you if i am not wrong.

dangers is that you're not sure whether there's alot of parasite / other things that may harm you,therefore try to use the NSW from the LFS you trust~

dont think it's really safe to take from the beaches as there's so many junk :sick::sick::sick: unless you are at out sea.

my 2 cents above. hope it helps

• SRC Member
i buy from iwarna sometimes when going there to see fishes/corals.

1 gold coin per packet around 20+litres to fill one bucket.

2 blue notes to fill up your tank and they will deliver to you if i am not wrong.

dangers is that you're not sure whether there's alot of parasite / other things that may harm you,therefore try to use the NSW from the LFS you trust~

dont think it's really safe to take from the beaches as there's so many junk :sick::sick::sick: unless you are at out sea.

my 2 cents above. hope it helps

yep I agree to the above

singapore beaches have high no2 in some places

thus not advisable :rolleyes:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

yep I agree to the above

singapore beaches have high no2 in some places

thus not advisable :rolleyes:

can we be sure the sea water shops get are not from our local beaches? I visit Labrador very often for fishing and i have seen lots of people going there to get sea water, and it's by the truck load. Of course these people could be from sea food resturants, i'm just saying it's possible sea water sold in shops are from local beaches.

• SRC Member
can we be sure the sea water shops get are not from our local beaches? I visit Labrador very often for fishing and i have seen lots of people going there to get sea water, and it's by the truck load. Of course these people could be from sea food resturants, i'm just saying it's possible sea water sold in shops are from local beaches.

I am also seeing trucks collecting seawater off the canal just before you reach Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal.

• SRC Member

I honestly think that if you want to take from the beach - during high tide and if you go into the water up to your waist level to fill a jerry can, the water should be clean enough - if you filter the water before it goes into your tank. I seen somewhere on the Internet that water pump at (15m or 15ft deep) is sufficiently clean to go straight into our fish tank.

The good news abotu NSW is that there are natural small organisms in the water that could be benefical to our tank. But at the same time we also do not know if these organisms are really harmless or super harmful. So I believe that in moderation is the best.

I do go to the beach and then take about half a pail or so of water (in a NTUC orange juice container) to top up occassionally.