My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

bro you might want to off all your pumps/skimmer and just let the sand settle first. Otherwise you will be changing filter wool every few hours! lol

I did leh.... the water was clear, then I change filter, then the wool leak dirt back into the tank and it has to re-clean again.

Think this will be the story this week. Another 2 - times maybe.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
I did leh.... the water was clear, then I change filter, then the wool leak dirt back into the tank and it has to re-clean again.

Think this will be the story this week. Another 2 - times maybe.

lol I saw someone diy-ed a temporary filter with mineral bottle. pump water out into mineral bottle full of filter wool and back in. Think you might want to do that. otherwise your tunze will be clogged with dirt.

count me in if you wanna diy a small drip box. I have been wanting to do something like that for my weekly kh dosing. :)

Hello bro,

I decided to go with glass tank as I've a pet cat at home. Later if the cat scratched the tank, I'm the one who will be crying at the side. haha!

Also, for the chiller, it seems you connected it to the output of the reefpack filter. Care to clarify?

lol I saw someone diy-ed a temporary filter with mineral bottle. pump water out into mineral bottle full of filter wool and back in. Think you might want to do that. otherwise your tunze will be clogged with dirt.

count me in if you wanna diy a small drip box. I have been wanting to do something like that for my weekly kh dosing. :)

Actually it is pretty simple i think.

just get a bottle, puch a hole, insert a small tap or valve, silicon it up.

The tricky thing for me is where to put it. It has to be higher than the water level and mine is an open top.

Is yours will a hood? If yeah, then it will be so much easier cause you can hide it easily on the bracing.will keep you posted if I manage to source for the mats.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

Hello bro,

I decided to go with glass tank as I've a pet cat at home. Later if the cat scratched the tank, I'm the one who will be crying at the side. haha!

Also, for the chiller, it seems you connected it to the output of the reefpack filter. Care to clarify?

The reefpack has a mechanical filter module (cleaner) and a skimmer (9002). The pump in the mech filer is 800lph max. So the water goes into the overflow of the mech filter, through the medias and cotton, enters the pump and gets directed to the chiller via ehiem tubes. The return of the chiller goes straight back into the tank. ... Dunno how to be more clear already lol.

The reefpack has a mechanical filter module (cleaner) and a skimmer (9002). The pump in the mech filer is 800lph max. So the water goes into the overflow of the mech filter, through the medias and cotton, enters the pump and gets directed to the chiller via ehiem tubes. The return of the chiller goes straight back into the tank. ... Dunno how to be more clear already lol.

Ouh. Okay. Now I get it. (:

Thanks!!

Ouh. Okay. Now I get it. (:

Thanks!!

:) I just hope 800lph flowrate is ok for the artica 1/15 HP chiller.

Thumbs up to Uncle Thomas (Aquamarin) who helped me connect it this way.

He had to do several improvisation to connect it this way.

A few qns bro, the reefpack 200 only comes with 1 magnet right? And are you going to sumplement the MH with any T5? Or run on MH only?

The reefpack comes with 2 magnet. 1 for the filter and 1 for the skimmer.

No. just gonna use MH - thats why I choose a more bluish bulb.

Eventually i will use the other MH nova casing (once I have repsrayed it) for as the housing for my LED housing. (maybe a year later)

and sell away this nova. Will bring the project earlier if it gets too hot in my house.

• SRC Member
"What is that huh, Daddy?" asked my girl.

I replied : "Its the air-con for the fishes, dear."

Lovely... Just one thing to note... :eyebrow: Never hide this beauty inside the cabinet like what i did... And the result... Chiller broke down twice due to too high temp in the cabinet even though there's a big ventilation hole at the back... :peace:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

Lovely... Just one thing to note... :eyebrow: Never hide this beauty inside the cabinet like what i did... And the result... Chiller broke down twice due to too high temp in the cabinet even though there's a big ventilation hole at the back... :peace:

Thanks for the advise vlamingi. You are correct. I tried switching on the chiller last night maintaining the water at 29.5 deg cel and it was hot already. I have removed the plastic brackets covering the ventilation hole and left the door opened. Don't think it can stand the heat if I leave it closed. I am thinking of removing the door and customized it so that there will be better ventilation. Maybe for the time being, I will just put a small fan inside to see if that can reduce the heat trapped inside. honestly that cabinet is not meant to house chiller but I really do not wish to see more items outside the tank. Rather unsightly.

Latest update, went to AM to choose some live rocks today.

They will be delivering it to my place this week together with my MP10.

Something to look forward to.

For those getting a new Artica chiller, please note that JBJ has this new u bar that is black in colour and the hose is also black in colour.

So much nicer than the ehiem green ones (which looks better for fresh water tanks).

Thinking of changing mine........

Bro, really looking forward to see the MP10 in action. The MP10 is in my wishlist. :blush:

I just hope I can create sufficient waves without causing water to flow over my open top.

Bro can adjust your vortech to the correct height :) Tt's one of the advantages of it I guess.

It s tune-able but I would like to put the Vortech at the back panel and not at the side.

So my Rockwork will play a part at determining the height.

anyway now can talk only, gotta wait till I finish my scaping, then I can determine where to put it and at which height.

• SRC Member
Thanks for the advise vlamingi. You are correct. I tried switching on the chiller last night maintaining the water at 29.5 deg cel and it was hot already. I have removed the plastic brackets covering the ventilation hole and left the door opened. Don't think it can stand the heat if I leave it closed. I am thinking of removing the door and customized it so that there will be better ventilation. Maybe for the time being, I will just put a small fan inside to see if that can reduce the heat trapped inside. honestly that cabinet is not meant to house chiller but I really do not wish to see more items outside the tank. Rather unsightly.

Yea me too finding a way to cool the inside of the cabinet... <_< <_< <_< maybe once u hav an idea u can share with me and all who's facing this problem... :eyebrow:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

Yea me too finding a way to cool the inside of the cabinet... <_< <_< <_< maybe once u hav an idea u can share with me and all who's facing this problem... :eyebrow:

hi Vlamingi

I have decided to make an acrylic short door to replace the wooden full door.

It is just a simple pane attached to the cabinet using Velco.

So the chiller can stay inside the cabinet but not enclosed.

hopefully that will work.

If it is still too warm, I will just install a low revolution fan to circulate the air in it.

rgds

Jacky

3 am and I have just mopped, clean up my house and myself.

all because of Aquamarin !!!!

I am really speechless about the service that Aquamarin provides. I would strongly reccommend giving janet a call if you are thinking of setting up a tank.

I have seen some thread with negative vibes about them but my experience with Janet on the setup of my tank has been fantastic.

I ordered my stuff from her and she made it a point to send me whatever that has arrived in Singapore on the day itself.

Well this is the last of the 3rd delivery and finally my MP10 is here. :) woohooo....

Was too busy too take any photo of the Vortech in the box.

I mentioned about the black tubing and hose in my earlier post.

Cannot help it. Ordered that from AM as well.

Did not like the green tubing in my black background. Quite an eyesore.

So here's the pics and I'm off to bed. The particles has not settle yet so the shots are a bit blur.

The black JBJ tubing and hose.

Probably going to epoxy them up. quite like the scape. The higher arc is at the rear and the lower one is towards the front.

Vortech in the background. Very happy with this setup and choice of eqpt.

All the eqpt are black which blend in very well with the background and they take up only approx 2.5 inch of width of the tank.

nothing looks bulky and obstructive.

Close up view of the MP10. This fella is really quiet. Seen some articles about them being noisy. Well it is 3 am and I can tell you it is very silent.

• SRC Member

Love the black tubing by jbj. Can I get it off the shelf and do you know the px of it? The green eheim pipings look really ugly in my tank.

Wow bro you were working OT on your tank last night!!?? Today no need to work ah? But love the setup. Can't wait to see the performance of your mp10 :)

Love the black tubing by jbj. Can I get it off the shelf and do you know the px of it? The green eheim pipings look really ugly in my tank.

Wow bro you were working OT on your tank last night!!?? Today no need to work ah? But love the setup. Can't wait to see the performance of your mp10 :)

will pm you on the price of the black tubing.

not OT. ==> night shift lol. now zombie zombie.... body aching also. later still have to rush to ubi to get my tank cover.

maybe drop by nearby lfs and get some additives. I am working today hor.

The Mp10 is really nice. strong enough to create a sandstorm in my tank.

I have not try the various modes yet.

Was worried it will be too strong in my nano but nah.... it can be used even on a much smaller tank.

hmm.... wonder how bad is the parameter in my tank... gotta do some test.

• SRC Member
will pm you on the price of the black tubing.

not OT. ==> night shift lol. now zombie zombie.... body aching also. later still have to rush to ubi to get my tank cover.

maybe drop by nearby lfs and get some additives. I am working today hor.

The Mp10 is really nice. strong enough to create a sandstorm in my tank.

I have not try the various modes yet.

Was worried it will be too strong in my nano but nah.... it can be used even on a much smaller tank.

hmm.... wonder how bad is the parameter in my tank... gotta do some test.

haha what mode are you intending to use? I like using either lagoon or reef crest mode on my mp20. :)

btw u gonna dose any bacteria?