My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

haha 1.6red per kilo...if i buy my 20+ kg of rocks from cf i tink my gf will smash my tank lol :whistle

Auntie will likely give you 1 - 2 kg discount but yeah... your gf will still smash your tank AND your head :)

but they are very good rocks..... not just in terms of the cleanliness, but also they are very porous.

Very good for bacterias colonization.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

nowadays pple fast hand fast leg...i went there on shipment day during their hawaiian shipment..already some pple holding onto the small pail of alpha flame wrasse...like dun want other pple to buy...i'm wondering if he is choosing or wat...

From the look of more and more of the local LFS (esp our SRC sponsor :P) begining to bring in more and more Gems like; Rics, Aust Acan, yuma and Gem tangs ect.. It show that our reefing community is upgrading and not down sizing which is something to cheer for.

Auntie will likely give you 1 - 2 kg discount but yeah... your gf will still smash your tank AND your head :)

but they are very good rocks..... not just in terms of the cleanliness, but also they are very porous.

Very good for bacterias colonization.

haha 300+ juz to buy rocks if i buy i tink i will oso smash my own head :upsidedown:...

haha 300+ juz to buy rocks if i buy i tink i will oso smash my own head :upsidedown:...

yah. i spent about 120. but if I did not get CF rocks, I might loose my corals as they are starting to get stressed in the holding tub

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

From the look of more and more of the local LFS (esp our SRC sponsor :P) begining to bring in more and more Gems like; Rics, Aust Acan, yuma and Gem tangs ect.. It show that our reefing community is upgrading and not down sizing which is something to cheer for.

+1. I think this forum has raised awareness of the various types of corals available. People can now see and gauge whats in the market.

Hence making better selection of corals purchase. With demand then comes supply. Example: the recent rics and yumas wave :)

• SRC Member

eh chief, i thinking of buying coral farm rock (1 piece)

do they have coraline algae rock? and how much is it.. your thread too long for me to browse through HAHAHAHA

u can go down to AM...they have nice live rocks there...cheaper...around $8/kg...their rocks are covered with coraline algae...otherwise, RB also have a lot...around $5/kg...my current set-up, i got some of them from RB...some rocks got sponge and mushrooms on them...

l7304smr.jpg

u can go down to AM...they have nice live rocks there...cheaper...around $8/kg...their rocks are covered with coraline algae...otherwise, RB also have a lot...around $5/kg...my current set-up, i got some of them from RB...some rocks got sponge and mushrooms on them...

Hey oniz, you want to get one more rock only right? (for your nano or other big tanks?)

I have 2 dead rocks. 1 triangular flat piece and another like a cactus shaped palm size.

but if you want coraline then these are not suitable liao.

Let me know if you want them. FOC.

AM rocks quite nice. get those cured ones.

even on their shipment day, their place is rather quiet....

not sponsor mah... no sound no pic = > lesser traffic. :P

update: H firefish still has white spots. might take another 2 - 3 weeks for it to clear. Can only try to keep it happy and hope he recovers.

A piece of good news is that I have another baby Armour of God polyps. From 1 remaining polyp to 5.. wooohoooo. The colours are much better now compared to one month ago.

The purple death has also grown much bigger and purplish instead of grey. Things seem to be looking good :)

• SRC Member

update: H firefish still has white spots. might take another 2 - 3 weeks for it to clear. Can only try to keep it happy and hope he recovers.

A piece of good news is that I have another baby Armour of God polyps. From 1 remaining polyp to 5.. wooohoooo. The colours are much better now compared to one month ago.

The purple death has also grown much bigger and purplish instead of grey. Things seem to be looking good :)

do u still want the big zoa rock at my second home? i saw it still last sunday.

btw, under what circumstances white spots occur?

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

great bro! using prodibro products with great success!

that one , I am not so sure, I only dose reef booster once :P

currently using more of the reef nutrition phytofeast, rotifiers, oysterfeast + Kent marine phytoplex, zooplex, chromaplex, Strontium and Molybenum, trace elements + Seachem Reefplus.

do u still want the big zoa rock at my second home? i saw it still last sunday.

btw, under what circumstances white spots occur?

I think nvm lah. My tank no space already.

need to get rid of some corals or start sticking them on the rocks. Super congested now.

• SRC Member

Good morning President.

Its time to conduct our AGM on ways to increase Marine quantity/imports to Singapore and the increase in this trade for micro and macro factors.

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

Good morning President.

Its time to conduct our AGM on ways to increase Marine quantity/imports to Singapore and the increase in this trade for micro and macro factors.

** choking choke choke choke.....

• SRC Member

that one , I am not so sure, I only dose reef booster once :P

currently using more of the reef nutrition phytofeast, rotifiers, oysterfeast + Kent marine phytoplex, zooplex, chromaplex, Strontium and Molybenum, trace elements + Seachem Reefplus.

wah like that your tank no algae BOOMZ ar lol..

power pack..

btw what salt you using? D&D salt seems to be low in KH

Good morning President.

** choking choke choke choke ....... speak english please....

wah like that your tank no algae BOOMZ ar lol..

power pack..

btw what salt you using? D&D salt seems to be low in KH

most salt are. I am using Marine Environment.

oh ya chief, btw... when you brought the Kent marine phytoplex, zooplex, chromaplex ..

Are all bottles un-sealed?

cos their magnesium are sealed.. but the coral ain't..

cannot remember leh... I think mostly unsealed.

I cannot even remember if the Mg is sealed. (the liquid version).

I dun recall that it is sealed leh.

• SRC Member

cannot remember leh... I think mostly unsealed.

I cannot even remember if the Mg is sealed. (the liquid version).

I dun recall that it is sealed leh.

Nope, all not sealed.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.