My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

• SRC Member
cool.....i will be cheonging for more zoas towards month end...will pm u to c if u want to join in then....right now my tank still cycling and no chiller.....so just have to hold back the itchness...in terms of getting new corals....not the lan jiao area..

lol ok.. Lai liao again the last 5 words of your post :lol:

always make me laugh out loud :bow:

siang.. didn't see your post after i went out, didn't really concentrate on the zoas at the back (near the entrance) paiseh..

nice meeting you chief.. thx for the coral rx! and of cos to the bro whom let it to me :shy:

got the pinky zoas!! so sweet~ :wub:

Nice to meet you too Oniz.

No worries on the CoralRX. I am sharing my bottle with him so we are good.

hey when you finished the bottle and IF you do not want it, pls do not discard it. Pass to me :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
nice to meet you too Oniz.

No worries on the bottle. I am sharing mine with him.

Let me know the outcome of your dip once you get to it.

btw, after you finish the coralrx, pls do not discard the bottle. IF you dun want it. Pass it to me :)

roger that chief, haven start to use as upgrading to 24 Gallon tank.. finish cycling.

going to do one shot of coral rx dip before putting into the 24G tank.

also ytd while fresh water dipping the zoas, the zoas let out green substance in the water.. looks :sick: <-- like this colour by darker.

two frag two frag also same...

any of you guys notice it? scary.. :pinch:

*ok will pass you the bottle if i finish it

Btw, did George Yeo really call on Singaporeans to rally behind Jack Neo?!! That's outrageous!

From : ST http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/S...ory_499735.html

FOREIGN Minister George Yeo has rallied behind film-maker Jack Neo.

On the blogkaki site on Sunday, he revealed that Neo called him with a confession about his extra-marital affair with model Wendy Chong, before the story broke in the news.

He wrote: 'Life is a long and often difficult journey, and what Jack and his family are going through is what he might have presented in his own movie, except that this time it is about himself.'

He said of Neo, a 2005 Cultural Medallion recipient: 'We are used to having Jack make us laugh, bring cheer to our daily lives, explain our trials and make them easier to bear. Let us rally around Jack, his wife and his children at this time.'

Mr Yeo said he received a call from the film-maker 'before the news broke on Saturday evening'.

'He wanted to tell me himself and not have me learn from newspaper reports. Giving me the background, he was full of remorse, adding that his wife and children were angry with him for what he did.'

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

just pmed you my mobile number ...

Thanks Karl.

I stay in CCK. If you want, we can meet at CCK MRT at the train platform. (wait at the lift area)

Then head over together. 11:45

yesterday around 11pm-12midnight usage, most of the webby needs to refresh including yahoo.

i thought it's my router that is causing the issue but after see what other bros post.

starfug is screwed, been happening a few times when i surf SRC and post, it shows page can't be displayed =.= after that must re-type again.

too much people using starfug liao =.=

yeah... Starhub pipe is pretty clog. Anyway willl be switching to mio next yr....

But maybe server was being serviced too..... too many errors...

My max online realli unstable these days..i think its the telco zzz :angry2:

Btw bro my polo tee is the 1 on the most right in yr pic?blue with yellow strip?hehe when can go get from ya? :yeah:

ya your Tee is with me already.

drop me a call 30 min before you come lor....

got a frag of 10 polyps extra..see any 1 wanna get from me not :paiseh:

kiko might be keen.

Jacky , you passing me the shirt this Friday @ city hall hor? :)

Desi

Yah.... The Tees are in my office already ... so I will not forget wan... :)

• SRC Member
yeah... Starhub pipe is pretty clog. Anyway willl be switching to mio next yr....

But maybe server was being serviced too..... too many errors...

Starhub is one of the worst in my opinion. I am using singtel and haven't had issues. Last time when gaming it's always the hubbers that complain of the worst lag in the entire galaxy.... being in Asia Pac we already have latency issues playing at 500-600ms... hubbers reach 1000.. ;p

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Starhub is one of the worst in my opinion. I am using singtel and haven't had issues. Last time when gaming it's always the hubbers that complain of the worst lag in the entire galaxy.... being in Asia Pac we already have latency issues playing at 500-600ms... hubbers reach 1000.. ;p

I am quite glad they lost the BPL rights...woohoooooooo

They have been PROFITEERING for years over that channel.

• SRC Member
I am quite glad they lost the BPL rights...woohoooooooo

They have been PROFITEERING for years over that channel.

but ketchup sad.... he cannot WATCH his LIVERPOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

But Mio quality is horrible!!!

quality as in transmission quality?

hopefully with the rise in subscription, they will increase the bandwidth.

chicken and egg thing...... lesser subscribers, lesser bandwidth.

I guess that is why they are offering free subscription till August so that they have a better gauge of how much bandwidth to allocate and to do an early test if there will be any issues with the loading.

If it is interms of programs availability.... then ..... bo bian..... gotta slowly wait for them to get into the act.

They are still pretty new in the cable vision. If only we have TVROs :)

• SRC Member

I guess that is why they are offering free subscription till August so that they have a better gauge of how much bandwidth to allocate and to do an early test if there will be any issues with the loading.

If it is interms of programs availability.... then ..... bo bian..... gotta slowly wait for them to get into the act.

yup... very grainy quality.. if the players run too fast like Rooney, they will look extremly distorded...

The streaming is also quite screwed... if the players face is zoom in, the sweat spots on their face is just one white patch.. so can you imagine how the players look like near the end of the game??

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

yup... very grainy quality.. if the players run too fast like Rooney, they will look extremly distorded...

The streaming is also quite screwed... if the players face is zoom in, the sweat spots on their face is just one white patch.. so can you imagine how the players look like near the end of the game??

that is bad news....

• SRC Member

Main issue is that the MIO system is still very unstable. Fails for no reason very often. My father in law tried out the Mio Home for 3 months (free trial) when it was first launched. Basically, your TV, Home phone and internet go through the Mio set top box and boy was it crappy. First day it was installed, home phone can make outgoing calls but cannot receive incoming calls. After issue settled, a few days later, internet not working but everything else fine. He terminated everything within 2 weeks.

Just 1 or 2 weeks ago, the singtel customer service called me up to ask if I wanted to recontract my broadband to Mio Home as I could save a lot of money. I declined saying that there were still problems with Mio Home and she said confirmed no issue. Two days later, newspaper reported that 20k subscribers to Mio Home were left without internet, TV and home line access after a software bug happened and it took Singtel 3 days to solve the issue.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Main issue is that the MIO system is still very unstable. Fails for no reason very often. My father in law tried out the Mio Home for 3 months (free trial) when it was first launched. Basically, your TV, Home phone and internet go through the Mio set top box and boy was it crappy. First day it was installed, home phone can make outgoing calls but cannot receive incoming calls. After issue settled, a few days later, internet not working but everything else fine. He terminated everything within 2 weeks.

Just 1 or 2 weeks ago, the singtel customer service called me up to ask if I wanted to recontract my broadband to Mio Home as I could save a lot of money. I declined saying that there were still problems with Mio Home and she said confirmed no issue. Two days later, newspaper reported that 20k subscribers to Mio Home were left without internet, TV and home line access after a software bug happened and it took Singtel 3 days to solve the issue.

Like I said... Teething problem lah....

Such a huge data network and they are so new into this foray.... bound to have.

Early technology adopters are usually guinea pigs.

i'm one of them.....

You will never walk alone.......

• SRC Member
Like I said... Teething problem lah....

Such a huge data network and they are so new into this foray.... bound to have.

Early technology adopters are usually guinea pigs.

Mio Home was rolled out more than 1 year ago and up till now, many of my friends who are on Mio Home because they are tied to the 2 yr contract, still encounter failures on a regular basis.

I somehow don't think that these failures can be attributed to teething problems as they have had more than 1 year to iron out these problems.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

Any Mio users here?

Feedback will be great.... about to switch....