Is it alright to ask for free things?

bwilly

Is it alright to ask for free things?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Is it alright to ask for free things?

• Yes, the more the merrier..!
    • No, I should "sweat" for my stuffs..!
    • eh, u kong simei?? I am student..!
    • I am true Singaporean, so u know the answer.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tis has oredi happen liao...if u did open yr eyes BIg BIg in office..

ya of course.. no need for us to wash our dirty linens in public..

but it really sux big time.. kaoz.. the ang mo... hope they dun

get AIDS or something.. but it will be good if they do..

n tat is if they get bang by car n not come to work n spread..

go hospital, cannot get blood cause AIDS.. mah.. bleed to death.

sad thing way to go. but nothing to feel sorrie abt, retribution, not to forget the burning in hell they going to suffer..

oh, arn't going to pity them yet.

• SRC Member

ya of course.. no need for us to wash our dirty linens in public..

but it really sux big time.. kaoz.. the ang mo... hope they dun

get AIDS or something.. but it will be good if they do..

n tat is if they get bang by car n not come to work n spread..

go hospital, cannot get blood cause AIDS.. mah.. bleed to death.

its not dirty lah..it happen everywhere...

anyway I was stunned when i saw it.

saw who..? cleaning toilet..?

I volunteer liao, boss also know..

only when the chio bu visit them, then I go clean..

else the bad n ugly can clean up after themselves..

n boss know.. its in the email I sent.. n she got it.

• SRC Member
saw who..? cleaning toilet..?

I volunteer liao, boss also know..

only when the chio bu visit them, then I go clean..

else the bad n ugly can clean up after themselves..

n boss know.. its in the email I sent.. n she got it.

Monday then we tok abt tis..

Anyway, the gers always complained abt thier toilets r very dirty n stinko..wonder wat attracts u to go clean them.. :P

• SRC Member

aiyah got job also not always good, I just got job, civil sector, and found out I kena the starting pay reduced, so I lost $300, just like that!!!!! $300!!!! that's damn a lot of money can!!! $@#!%$%!$#%!#$% so I"ll be working my ###### off for a year or two merely to increase my pay to the point where a fella getting employed merely 2 months before me will get as starting pay!! plus contract job somemore!!! whatever happened to iron rice bowl?

• SRC Member

I am just tired.... they are planning to convert everyone to contract (already started off for some of the senior posts) and the juniors to hourly rate...

Worse, I was put up for promotion.... and it happen the second time liao and twice it eluded me...

Once the year before and it was confirmed liao... Damn "unlucky" cause they change CEO, new CEO say stop all promotion and I "lan lan". Took me one year to prove to the new CEO and yes, I was up for promotion again and it was confirmed earlier last month... but now they bonked the CEO and replace with an Executive Chairman.... and new Executive Chairman say stop all promotion... What the ()*@#()*@#)$!!!!

I gotta start the cycle once again... Worse now, the new Chairman wants a restructuring exercise and some of us may even lose our job... let alone promotion.. Hiaz...

* Reminder: To those who know where I work, please don't be a smart alex and shout out my company name in the thread."

Thanks!

• SRC Member

saemonkee: honestly lah, its true like marxist sayings, the divide btwn the workers and the top, what's good for them isn't good for workers. we don't live in communist society so there's no such thing as equality or fairness. just gotta go with the flow, either tiam tiam follow or job hop and upgrade your CV. not much choice we have!

but yeah what's with the contract shit these days? its like the latest HR fad to hit town? I really don't see what's the pt of it?

• SRC Member
saemonkee: honestly lah, its true like marxist sayings, the divide btwn the workers and the top, what's good for them isn't good for workers. we don't live in communist society so there's no such thing as equality or fairness. just gotta go with the flow, either tiam tiam follow or job hop and upgrade your CV. not much choice we have!

but yeah what's with the contract shit these days? its like the latest HR fad to hit town? I really don't see what's the pt of it?

Yeah lor... I am looking at yesterday's Recruit page and it's flooded with Contract Work rather than perm staff....

Yeah lor... I am looking at yesterday's Recruit page and it's flooded with Contract Work rather than perm staff....

tik I was in your similiar shoes for some time..

I basically bo chap now.. office ppl buay song.. f them.

• SRC Member
Can u imagine... Engineer (Contract: 1 year), HR Practitioner (Contract: 2 yrs)... and the list goes on.... Hiaz...

Contract or no contract. it is still the same.

Ever heard of the following cases, where the company will give you 2 choices:

1. You resign now and I waived the notcie period for you.

2. I terminate you on failure to perform, etc...

in both cases, the end result is the same.

Leave Immediately, with no compensation, or serving out period....

And if you complaint to MOM, bec you get more than S$1,600 a month, they can only help to talk to the employer, but no enforcement.

If you want to sue the company, you have to go through the civil case.

In any case, you sure loose. For example, they can just claim that you use the computer to serve SRC...so misuse of property lor... :blink:

or better still...use company pen to write personal cheque! :evil:

• 4 years later...