peacemaker's Office Nano 3

peacemaker

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... all like that...... dun deprieve us lah.....

give you 1 month's grace period.... else hang a Helfrich firefish head on your door.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

... all like that...... dun deprieve us lah.....

give you 1 month's grace period.... else hang a Helfrich firefish head on your door.

*gasp* I thought you SRC police? Now become SRC Ah Long! :fear:

Helfrich head very ex leh... I think firefish gao liao!

• SRC Member

Bino has seen it, and I'm sure he agrees it could have been better. :blush:

Oi don't anyhow quote me hor! Hahaha! You are just being humble, your nano incarnations from the first 1ft until this one has been an inspiration to me.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Oi don't anyhow quote me hor! Hahaha! You are just being humble, your nano incarnations from the first 1ft until this one has been an inspiration to me.

HOR!!!!!!! Marc disagrees!!!

FTS!!!!!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

See? Bino feels the same way too, that all was good until my present state of tank... :P

Bro, were you at Popeyes on fri? Thought I saw you and your gf, called out to you, but I guess you were busy looking for a table so you didn't notice.

• SRC Member

See? Bino feels the same way too, that all was good until my present state of tank... :P

Bro, were you at Popeyes on fri? Thought I saw you and your gf, called out to you, but I guess you were busy looking for a table so you didn't notice.

Hahahaha don't play semantics with me la, you know I mean that all your tanks have been an inspiration.

Yes! I was at Popeyes with my gf last Friday! Paiseh didn't spot you, quite crowded and too much happening. Could've called or sms me mah hahaha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Hahahaha don't play semantics with me la, you know I mean that all your tanks have been an inspiration.

Yes! I was at Popeyes with my gf last Friday! Paiseh didn't spot you, quite crowded and too much happening. Could've called or sms me mah hahaha.

Hehe... didn't want to disturb you lah... looking for a table was already a PITA. IMO, I find KFC chicken tastes better, but the Popeye biscuit and mashed potatoes is a knock out.

• SRC Member

These 2 frags are from the same colony. The first one is placed under a shady area, and the other, out in the open under direct LED lights (both on the sand bed). The difference is even more obvious in person. Notice the colours are much more intense under the shade as compared to the one in the open. The white ring also seems to be thinner.

very nice zoas!!!may i know where do you get them?DSCF3828

• SRC Member

My yellow wrasse has a somewhat interesting way of looking for "bugs" to have a snack. He picks up some sand, spits at the zoas to make them retract, and aims for the mat area to peck. I've observed this twice or more times. Probably getting too fat... mouth not as sharp and pointed! :D Ever since I started feeding mysis, it grew from 1.5" to double its size now.

• SRC Member

Took the plunge... need reef funds now... :heh:

The new MP10W ES??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

The new MP10W ES??? :eyebrow:

No lah... the normal one. I read up more on the differences, and it wasn't worth the extra, IMO. -_-

Plunge of No-Regrets!

Welcome to the club! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Club Vortech! Me like... :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

I like the blue on the controller... :paiseh:

I haven't had time to play with the different modes yet, so if anyone can share how to achieve that trademark wave movement, I would be most grateful. Also, for the flow control, its just a knob... I've read comments on cranking it to very specific percentages, how do you gauge that?

post-13914-12722854396629_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

I like the blue on the controller... :paiseh:

I haven't had time to play with the different modes yet, so if anyone can share how to achieve that trademark wave movement, I would be most grateful. Also, for the flow control, its just a knob... I've read comments on cranking it to very specific percentages, how do you gauge that?

NICE ToY haha!i like blue also....faster go set up and take pic :rolleyes:

Too many hobby......too little money!

• SRC Member

I've read comments on cranking it to very specific percentages, how do you gauge that?

From a tried and tested scientific method known as agaration. Basically you see how high and low the knob goes and then you agar agar tune it to whichever level you please :D

For the wave effect, use short pulse mode (blue light). Jacky taught me that, we both use it at the longest interval. If you are a noob like me who lost the manual, basically in Jacky's own words:

1. Turn knob to whichever flow you want and leave it there (before switching to short pulse mode), then press mode (black button) repeatedly until you get the blue light.

2. Press set (grey button) once, the blue light should start blinking, after that, turn the knob to tune to whichever interval you want (turn clockwise for longer interval and vice versa), then press set again to lock the setting. The light should blink alternately between green and blue now, that means it is operating under your setting.

Hope that helps. Hit me up with an sms if you are as confused as I was hahaha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Came across this frag rack that was posted in Nano-Reef (photos courtesy of schg) that is commercially available in US. I like it due to its slick look, and that it can be placed in the corner with stability.

post-13914-12722863782814_thumb.jpg

post-13914-12722863856605_thumb.jpg