peacemaker's Office Nano 3

peacemaker

• SRC Member

Hi all! Yes, I've upgraded again! This should be the final upgrade (at least for my office tank). -_-

It is a custom made IOS tank, 2 x 1.5 x 1.5 Ft, 6" filter compartment, tank thickness 10mm. Front and sides are crystal glass. I've picked black background this time as I found the blue background a little too reflective. I've also split the filter compartment into 3 sections: from left to right, mechanical & bio filter (bio-homme), refugium, and followed by return pump.

Most of my equipment will remain the same. I'm still using Eheim Compact 1000 as my return pump. Same Illumax 2 Ft T5 HOs, with ATI tubes (2x Aquablue Special, 1x actinic, 1x blue plus), and same skimmer Dymax LS10. The lights and the skimmer might be 2 of the equipments that I will upgrade in the near future, prolly to LEDs and a better skimmer.

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice bro, your tank size is the same as mine. Will be tracking yours closely :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
nice bro, your tank size is the same as mine. Will be tracking yours closely :)

Thanks! I'm actually tracking yours too! I ever considered building an acrylic tank, but the thoughts of me carelessly causing scratches made me drop the idea. <_<

• SRC Member
nice looking tank! the scaping looks stable but the sides seems kinda steep.. what corals do you intend to keep?

Its mainly zoas for now. Have to depend on lots of super glue gel though... I have turbo snails and hermit crabs as cleanup crew, so you get the picture. <_<

• SRC Member

Some zoas on my frag rack. Growth is rather slow... you can see that I really struggled with GHA. The frag plugs are covered with them at one point. Now its much better, but can be improved. I would occasionally pick up a turbo snail and set it on the rack just to force it to eat the "green green grass". :whistle

post-13914-1256045479_thumb.jpg

post-13914-1256045492_thumb.jpg

post-13914-1256045504_thumb.jpg

post-13914-1256045524_thumb.jpg

post-13914-1256045536_thumb.jpg

post-13914-1256045547_thumb.jpg