LaW's 250G

LaW

• SRC Member
what is grad school bro? :unsure:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

graduate school... means afte bachelor degree... like masters, phd etc...

yeah trying for MD.

thanks ketchup for explaining.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Supporter

good growth on the paly's and sunflower zoas. trim the sunflower zoas and let them grow in different areas will result in different sizes of the polyps.

feeding them helps the growth alot.

leaving them alone by not moving them often also enhance the growth rate.

offtopic, imo a clear pic of the corals may look better as the frame and words are stealing much attention due to the colouration. :)

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
good growth on the paly's and sunflower zoas. trim the sunflower zoas and let them grow in different areas will result in different sizes of the polyps.

feeding them helps the growth alot.

leaving them alone by not moving them often also enhance the growth rate.

offtopic, imo a clear pic of the corals may look better as the frame and words are stealing much attention due to the colouration. :)

hi Nigel,

thank you. so far will just leave it as it is. hardly have time to do these extra work.

thanks for the picture advice, i understand what u mean but the purpose for those addition features was to label it my own. i already try to shift it to the sides not to block too much view. if i didn't add those features, i would have been more efficient.

the nightmare paly is still around but growth is stunted after i stop dosing vitC and really start controling my water parameters. so far, i believe i have got about 5 polyps. now you reminded me, i didnt take a picture of them.

cheers.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
try feeding the 3 additives i use to, will do them good.

but use them at little as possible.

take gd care of the nightmares! cheers :)

3 additives? which 3? i forgot paiseh.

thanks, i sure will take care of it.

take care in aus.

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

for fun shot took with new glass.

post-3663-12724400405797_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

thats all. got time then take some decent ones.

post-3663-1272440084216_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Finally update with some pics... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

Finally update with some pics... :upsidedown:

yeah some anyhow shots took with UWA. see whats the effect. turns out alot of distortion upfront.

• SRC Member

Swee lah bro.....is that a sps in the first pic? Later going down to reborn shippment bo?

yeah some birdnest frags and a staghorn from thomaslim. and some monti.

cannot leh, still got papers and very broke after buying lens. need to stock up ammo. you going?

• SRC Member

Nice shoot bro.. Must learn from you more on using the DSLR.. rolleyes.gif

hey larry,

thanks. some random shots to test test effect. i still got much to learn from you too, lets learn to play DSLR next time.

• SRC Member

yeah some anyhow shots took with UWA. see whats the effect. turns out alot of distortion upfront.

If taking macro shots with UWA leses, you will have to crop out the sides of the photo. Basically only the centre portion is usable if you use the UWA lenses such as the 11-16mm ones.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

If taking macro shots with UWA leses, you will have to crop out the sides of the photo. Basically only the centre portion is usable if you use the UWA lenses such as the 11-16mm ones.

LOL, i realised after that 2 shots. if crop then must as well use back the marco man. but UWA on fish tank still can do some creative shots.

and you get a hit on on that, im using tokina 11-16mm f2.8 for the above shots @11mm.

yeah some birdnest frags and a staghorn from thomaslim. and some monti.

cannot leh, still got papers and very broke after buying lens. need to stock up ammo. you going?

Buy lens? Wah......cost a bomb right? My colleague into that hobbie as well.

Errmm....see how lor, wanted to see their lineatus wrasse... Either i going or time for me to set up my cr and some misc items.....

Tank Size: 3 x 3 x 2 with 3.5ft cabinet

• SRC Member

for fun shot took with new glass.

so colorful and nice shots. got some special effect type. cool :)

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

• SRC Member

Buy lens? Wah......cost a bomb right? My colleague into that hobbie as well.

Errmm....see how lor, wanted to see their lineatus wrasse... Either i going or time for me to set up my cr and some misc items.....

yeah bought a lens for my trip. still ok la.

can go down see see la, but dun buy fishes first. wait till u get settled.

• SRC Member

so colorful and nice shots. got some special effect type. cool :)

thank you Justin timerlake.

• SRC Member

LOL, i realised after that 2 shots. if crop then must as well use back the marco man. but UWA on fish tank still can do some creative shots.

and you get a hit on on that, im using tokina 11-16mm f2.8 for the above shots @11mm.

The tokina is actually a good UWA lens but few people use it for taking underwater shots... :eyebrow:

You should try taking your tank photos using a fisheye lens... :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

The tokina is actually a good UWA lens but few people use it for taking underwater shots... :eyebrow:

You should try taking your tank photos using a fisheye lens... :upsidedown:

fisheye very expensive :(

i bought the tokina for my yun nange trip, hope to get some nice scape shot there.

the next lense im aiming is nikon VR 105mm f2.8. that one even more exp :(

• SRC Member

fisheye very expensive :(

i bought the tokina for my yun nange trip, hope to get some nice scape shot there.

the next lense im aiming is nikon VR 105mm f2.8. that one even more exp :(

A carl zeiss lens would be the ultimate... :eyebrow:

You can actually rent the lens for a couple of days when u go for holidays. I used to do that last time... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

A carl zeiss lens would be the ultimate... :eyebrow:

You can actually rent the lens for a couple of days when u go for holidays. I used to do that last time... :whistle

carl zeiss.... thats even more exp...

i dun mind renting too. but i think i will need the lens again, and i like the feeling of seeing my collection of glasses stacking up in my dry cabinet. ^_^