LaW's 250G

LaW

• SRC Member
Very nice valuable collections of fishes!!!

Btw, for a big tank like yours, do you have to scrub the back of the tank often?

Thanks AhSiang,

the back is facing the wall, so i couldnt reach it easily, normally I just leave it alone and let the algae grow. then before water change, I will srub it off. and its a bloody tiring work.

i believe algae got their part in filtration and give them time to grow to a certain extent will be beneficial for my water quality. of course that if you didnt regard it being unsightly.

cheers mate.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
:eyeblur: WAH !...treasure ya NAOKO mate. U are now one of the 3 veri fortunate folks in Spore to have this hot & desirable GEM wrassey. Luv those finnage man. :eyebrow:

to be exact i'm the first who got it :lol:

will take care of it Edwin. glad you appreciate these fellas as well.

cheers

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member
Nice Fish N green bubble :shock:

more picture pls :wub:

Hey hey thank you Alex,

I have got more on my bubbles, may upload tonight when I'm free.

• SRC Member
power fishes, the sch of barletts are what most reefer today cant afford to have!

more pics dude!

Thank you Nigel,

if without your help on my scaping and my reefing journey, I wouldn't have come this far out. and yet sadly... :cry::cry2:

• SRC Member
NICE! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Hi Marc,

thank you. come back soon and let me kick you. :lol:

all the best mate.

• SRC Member
ur rhomboid........................................................................

................................................................................

................................................................................

.......................................................... isit nicer than mine? :(

hi Kai,

I dunno, but i think your's got more potention. current one and, sadly, previous 1. as long as it surviving and not getting those "symptoms", all are nice fish. is it not?

and when let my polar bear kick ur Lili?

long time never chiong shipment with you liao. when its our next? :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
Bro taken with ur D90?? :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

hey Douglas,

yeah taken with D90. glad you get urself a DSLR too.

dun forget ur flash if you going for wedding shots. high ISO spoilts picture unless we are talking about D700 and above. i learnt that the hard way. <_<

seen my friend's D700 with shots taken in night safari without flash. the noise detected is no way close to a D90 :bow: im already facing limitation with my D90. but this is what I can afford till date. very curious with D3s, heard the noise is extremely low even at ISO 12800.

but still, we are talking about different leagues here. its like comparing an apple with an orange.

have fun with your camera. camera and aquarium are like red wines and red meat. they goes well with each other.

happy reefing shooting.

ya....help me keep a lookout....lol

hi Fred,

thanks. other than the naoko and the PM pic, all are taken with D90.

the naoko and PM were taken with Reddevil's 450D with 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 lens.

I replaced my D90 18-105mm VR lens away with a extincted 28-105mm f3.5-4.5D full frame lens. been searching high and low for it in clubsnap. good walk-about lens if you just bring one lens fitted to camera out.

its an affordable lens if you manage to find it. it can be switch to marco of 1:2 by simply switching it. the green bubble pic is what I took with it. pretty cool ah? the 18-105mm D90 kit lens couldn't focus at that kind of range.

for ur reference:

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• Senior Reefer
hi Kai,

I dunno, but i think your's got more potention. current one and, sadly, previous 1. as long as it surviving and not getting those "symptoms", all are nice fish. is it not?

and when let my polar bear kick ur Lili?

long time never chiong shipment with you liao. when its our next? :eyebrow:

hahaha! walao pls i joking nia! yes la all rhomboid v nice. today mine almost jumped out when i was shifting corals. my arm gave it a fright. scary. will be doing a hood soon.

anytime u wan lah. nxt time can come over. or i can bring go nigel's house and play with u there :D ur bear can't kick my Lili lah. my Lili will kill you. already the signs are manifesting themselves :eyebrow:

yah lah. u lah so busy. nvm nxt time got mega shipment go togther. :)

off topic. nigel.... :cry: i hope to see a bigger bang in the future alright? BETTER HOR.

• SRC Member
ya....help me keep a lookout....lol

sure Fred, will keep a look out for you.

cheers.

• SRC Member
hahaha! walao pls i joking nia! yes la all rhomboid v nice. today mine almost jumped out when i was shifting corals. my arm gave it a fright. scary. will be doing a hood soon.

anytime u wan lah. nxt time can come over. or i can bring go nigel's house and play with u there :D ur bear can't kick my Lili lah. my Lili will kill you. already the signs are manifesting themselves :eyebrow:

yah lah. u lah so busy. nvm nxt time got mega shipment go togther. :)

off topic. nigel.... :cry: i hope to see a bigger bang in the future alright? BETTER HOR.

yeah.. hopes its going to be BOOMZ BOOMZ BOOMZ :eyeblur:

and let's set it someday soon after my papers. going to be dead soon.

take care in the mean time.

• SRC Member
if you need more Large Live rocks let me know.. may have some more spare to let go. Seeing your photos make me wanted to get a DSLR camera too lol...

Thanks Larry. appreciates it. will let you know again.

i only a noob in taking pic, i bet those more skilled photographer's shots will make you drool even more.

get a DSLR la, it goes really well with reef. like red wine together with medium raw steak. complementing each other, yum yum juicy.

furthermore, it gives your LS an eternal life as long as your harddisk is alive. This is what I felt after getting it so you wont be that heartache when your beloved LS passed away unfortunately. atleast you still got its pic to complement/appreciates it's once glory ;)

and its also a good excuse to tell your wife you want to take good quality pic to cherish/document the moments spent with her. :lol:

it works for me! :eyebrow::P

• SRC Member

double post.

and sorry Kai, for the rhomboid shipment at iwarna. should have let you choose yours first to be fairer to you since you reserved earlier than me. :bow: had been feeling bad over it.

• Senior Reefer
double post.

and sorry Kai, for the rhomboid shipment at iwarna. should have let you choose yours first to be fairer to you since you reserved earlier than me. :bow: had been feeling bad over it.

eh no lah....no worries alright? :)

• SRC Member
here is a pic of my "worries" after a torn down in june, almost nothing survived from the torn down. :(

tank restarted, larger new rocks replaced but yet to hook up the remaining equipment.

That's a nice group of anthias :) Bro, give a FTS :)

Main Tank: 5 x 1 x 1

Return from overflow: Eheim compact+ 5000

Lighting: 2x 54W T5

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1350

Chiller: Arctica 1/10

Wave Maker: Tunze Nano Wavebox & Tunze 6055 with Photocell
Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint pH monitor
Monitor 2: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor

• SRC Member
hey Douglas,

yeah taken with D90. glad you get urself a DSLR too.

dun forget ur flash if you going for wedding shots. high ISO spoilts picture unless we are talking about D700 and above. i learnt that the hard way. <_<

seen my friend's D700 with shots taken in night safari without flash. the noise detected is no way close to a D90 :bow: im already facing limitation with my D90. but this is what I can afford till date. very curious with D3s, heard the noise is extremely low even at ISO 12800.

but still, we are talking about different leagues here. its like comparing an apple with an orange.

have fun with your camera. camera and aquarium are like red wines and red meat. they goes well with each other.

happy reefing shooting.

hey bro D3s ISO can go till 102400 dun pray pray.. :P Then the noise control for such a camera must also be good ;)

ISO 3200 on my 50D isn't such a big problem however if i boost to 12800 noise might be an issue... <_< But anyway shooting reef tanks don't need high ISO unless u want to freeze the fish at that moment whr fish open mouth.. Otherwise ISO is reserved with use together with an External flash during weddings or like reporter's jobs... :eyebrow:

Happy Shooting :rolleyes:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
That's a nice group of anthias :) Bro, give a FTS :)

hi Reefz,

thank you.

i currently got no FTS but if you appreciate anthias.

heres some more for you.

post-3663-1257338137_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257338172_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257338270_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257338281_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257338288_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257338360_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

For Alex,

paiseh for the uncleaned glass and wrong focusing :P

post-3663-1257338552_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257338568_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257338576_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257338711_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
eh no lah....no worries alright? :)

thank you

heres one pic for you: :lol: taken with flash and without.

post-3663-1257339110_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257339776_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member
very nice! i'm glad yours survived amidst despite that horrible batch. love your bartletts btw quote]

still too early to say too bro but still hope this little fella does well.

time to add more then :)

• SRC Member

and the very beautiful lineatus.

turning weak. i will end his life later. dun want to see him wasting away, he lost the strenght to feed as well.

as you all can see, he is still very alert with his eyes observing around. he too will response to my presence but im letting him go for his eternal rest. pity...

:peace: .

post-3663-1257341667_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257341720_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257341741_thumb.jpg

post-3663-1257341807_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member