MaxSpect Aquarium LED Lighting

comycus

If you can install 45 Deg lens on the led maybe just meet the basic requirement.

The led to led distance also must not be more then 1.5 inch apart.

If the above 2 requirements can be meet you can meet the basic requirement

Hi Bro,

is it to small ? 110w ? or need to buy 160wx2 ?

I only keep fish and LPS currently use 4x39w T5 2 blue/2white on 6 Hours...any recommend ?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Any1 got the 180w version? spec stated 4 X 30w (18K) + blue LEDs. would it be too blue? Hope to see a comp btw 160w v 180w side by side

Regards

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

400w MH with 6 x 24w blue T5

Hydor wavemaker controller

Aquatronica controller

Daikin compressor with double coil

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

• Sponsor
Any1 got the 180w version? spec stated 4 X 30w (18K) + blue LEDs. would it be too blue? Hope to see a comp btw 160w v 180w side by side

Regards

bro hotsoup,

never seen u for a long time.......hhaha. the 180w version is not available yet but will reach our shore in end jan. once they are available, than u can compare

• SRC Member
bro hotsoup,

never seen u for a long time.......hhaha. the 180w version is not available yet but will reach our shore in end jan. once they are available, than u can compare

Yes bro. I'm back with marine after 4 years absence. I will be setting up a 1.5 ft cube full setup, merely keeping SPS and still deciding whether to use my previous 250W or switch to LED. For sure, i will knock at your door soon to find out 160 or 180 is suitable for my setup.

Do alert me when the 180w is available. tks

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

Aquatronica controller

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

• SRC Member

I'm waiting for the Gen 2 sets to come b4 i get 1, differences are they come with separate timers for the diff whites, fans only turn on when lights are on and theres moonlight too. Got 170w one also ... Dr Evil when will they be available in sg?

• SRC Member
I'm waiting for the Gen 2 sets to come b4 i get 1, differences are they come with separate timers for the diff whites, fans only turn on when lights are on and theres moonlight too. Got 170w one also ... Dr Evil when will they be available in sg?

Hi, my maxspect 160w also has two timers for white and blue light.

Not sure is gen 2 or not.

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

• SRC Member
From wat i've read the gen 2's timers control the 30w and 3w whites as well as the blues meaning all 3 spectrums can be controlled.

I see. Ok, mine just control the white and the blue.

2 spectrums.

(-_-) Happy will do ... (o_o)

• SRC Member
hi guys,

currently i got stock for the G1 110watts.....the new hanging kit and bracket is also available now!!

Next week, i will have stock for the followings

G1 60w, 110w, 160w & 180w......

cheers

Bro,

For G1, izzit difficult to change the LED bulb?

2ft cube with 2.5 sump

Aquatronica controller

RM CR

H&S out sump skimmer

Why there is a 30W LED mix with the 3W LEDs?

Can't the single 30W LED be 3Wx10 LEDs to spread the light somemore?

I'm quite worry if the single 30W LED will be too bright at 1 area. Hope Razali could explain?

Thoughts from a nooby.

30W are included to boost the intensity of the light levels. PAR or whatever term that is being used.

The light set already has a good number of 3W LEDs. But to enable the light to reach the light intensity of a 250W MH, 2x 30W LED are used to replace 4x 3W LEDs from the 110W model. (without the 2x 30W LED, it matches a 110W MH). I would think this is an ingenious idea abeit that it is done in sacrifice of energy efficiency.

The LEDs output is beaming at 120 deg. hence the spotlight effect is not that visible especially when you have 2 at a small distance apart.

But there might be some dimming at the edge perhaps. Digibee has a set and he might be able to comfirm.

imo, the models with 30W LEDs are for SPS.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

the replacement bulb may be too expansive to be replace. thus the total investment in a long run may not be cheap as compare to T5 or MH lights. :mellow:

...... don't quite agree ... but nvm... dun wanna start a debat here :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

maxspect G2 models are out....

www.delightings.com

nice. The LEDs are hot plug-ables.

• SRC Member
maxspect G2 models are out....

www.delightings.com

Cool, just visited the website. Now, my hands itchy already and wanna change since my GEN 1 not here yet. :rolleyes:

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

Cool, just visited the website. Now, my hands itchy already and wanna change since my GEN 1 not here yet. :rolleyes:

If you are intending to, suggest you consider getting the CREEs Royal Blue LEDs.

• SRC Member
If you are intending to, suggest you consider getting the CREEs Royal Blue LEDs.

oh? :o i was thinking the maxpect GEN 2 160W instead. :P

and other misc...

oh? :o i was thinking the maxpect GEN 2 160W instead. :P

Yes I know.

But instead of getting their regular blue LEDs (China made), ask them to replace those blue LEDs with CREE Royal Blues.

The price might go up a little but I think it is worth it.

It will still be MaxSpect 160W G2 but the LEDs will be CREE Royal Blues.

• SRC Member
Yes I know.

But instead of getting their regular blue LEDs (China made), ask them to replace those blue LEDs with CREE Royal Blues.

The price might go up a little but I think it is worth it.

It will still be MaxSpect 160W G2 but the LEDs will be CREE Royal Blues.

ohh, ok. got what u mean :thanks:

and other misc...

Thoughts from a nooby.

30W are included to boost the intensity of the light levels. PAR or whatever term that is being used.

The light set already has a good number of 3W LEDs. But to enable the light to reach the light intensity of a 250W MH, 2x 30W LED are used to replace 4x 3W LEDs from the 110W model. (without the 2x 30W LED, it matches a 110W MH). I would think this is an ingenious idea abeit that it is done in sacrifice of energy efficiency.

The LEDs output is beaming at 120 deg. hence the spotlight effect is not that visible especially when you have 2 at a small distance apart.

But there might be some dimming at the edge perhaps. Digibee has a set and he might be able to comfirm.

imo, the models with 30W LEDs are for SPS.

I was hoping that the thoughts are from the supplier so that things are more clear for everyone.

Adequate number of 3W LEDs should be able to support SPS even the current rated at 80%. Also, using lens will have longer throw.

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am from Chennai, India and have a 60 x 24 x 24 reef with LPS and softies. I was going through the maxspect reviews and find this an attractive option. I was wondering if the timers have battery backup as we have many power cuts here or should you have to reprogramme the timer each time after a power cut. Also will 2 x 160 watt units do for my tank to keep sps in the top and what height should be the unit.

Thanks in advance

Ashok

• SRC Member

Hi, I am from Chennai, India and have a 60 x 24 x 24 reef with LPS and softies. I was going through the maxspect reviews and find this an attractive option. I was wondering if the timers have battery backup as we have many power cuts here or should you have to reprogramme the timer each time after a power cut. Also will 2 x 160 watt units do for my tank to keep sps in the top and what height should be the unit.

Thanks in advance

Ashok

get a generator dude...

l7304smr.jpg