MaxSpect Aquarium LED Lighting

comycus

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its proven i will get the bigger de. but orh.. the LED not so beautful leh.. prefer something RED or silver.. :0

Black goes well with red mah... Esp. Ferrari Red...

How many you intend to get? I am cracking my head over it... Having problem covering 3x3 area... My new tank is 3x3x2.... So roughly the same as yours..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

From the chart, it show that LED-G1-400-180W and LED-G1-400-160W equipped with 4 and 2 x 30W respectively.

My concern is coral placed below 10" on top of water line being burnt/melt/brown off due to the 30W LED <_< ?

I like most is the control box that equipped with Lamp temperature display real-time detection, timer, separate lite control, over-temperature alarm and also the slim design ...!

Thump up for the product :bow: !

btw, It's a really good deal and option if you can't Diy and you still can help to save the EARTH :whistle !

post-1182-049500100201281969137_thumb.gi

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
From the chart, it show that LED-G1-400-180W and LED-G1-400-160W equipped with 4 and 2 x 30W respectively.

My concern is coral placed below 10" on top of water line being burnt/melt/brown off due to the 30W LED <_< ?

I like most is the control box that equipped with Lamp temperature display real-time detection, timer, separate lite control, over-temperature alarm and also the slim design ...!

Thump up for the product :bow: !

btw, It's a really good deal and option if you can't Diy and you still can help to save the EARTH :whistle !

Burn the coral..care to share more...

why will it burn the coral when these man made lights are not as strong as our sun. and there are shallow reef with sps too.

pls enlighten me so i wont get the wrong lights.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

Burn the coral..care to share more...

why will it burn the coral when these man made lights are not as strong as our sun. and there are shallow reef with sps too.

pls enlighten me so i wont get the wrong lights.

I have experience my SPS brown off when placed the LED lite too near to the SPS( about 4~5" below the lite)

And I'm now very careful on position the LED lite lor :rolleyes: !

From what I know..bro sherman has also have this experience as me :whistle .

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do. - Goethe

• SRC Member
omg ure taste is really like Ed's eh? lol

spray paint lor

during my exams time, i am reading ed thread more then my notes. well out of sch liao so got to set up one ed like tank. ok i am not creative. :)

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

I have experience my SPS brown off when placed the LED lite too near to the SPS( about 4~5" below the lite)

And I'm now very careful on position the LED lite lor :rolleyes: !

From what I know..bro sherman has also have this experience as me :whistle .

Isn't browning off a sign that they aren't getting enough light? and bleaching a sign on burning?

Isn't browning off a sign that they aren't getting enough light? and bleaching a sign on burning?

Sorry..should bleaching..as it whitening :paiseh: !

:blush: :blush: :blush:

i still find my above statement innocent leh... bro comycus don sabo me lah...

another question. i am using ati 6 tubes. my new tank will be around 2.5ft - 3ft wide and 18inch shallow. is this LED suitable for me if i am keeping sps and lps?

wiping of my cold sweat....

Har Har....

Member of :
post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F

MASS in Facebook

Reefing in LED

• SRC Member
Quite interesting posts.

However, I still find changing the LEDs within 30months is very hard to swallow.

Changing after 5 years is much better. Changing after 10 years... this is what LED all about.

but not everyone know how to diy like you. unless u are giving led diy lesson for free :eyebrow:

Even free lesson also no different lah

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

• SRC Member
it's quite whitE actually, you can go to Iwarna to see the display.

Any SPS Pic under this led.. pls share. and btw i am quite blur when u guys saying the LED in the canopy. Please share more. damn tired need to have a good rest.

went to iwarna today to see the LED indeed the lights looks great and the effect just like MH but start to hear some noise cause by the fan and hand touch it feel very warm leh is it the ventilation need more space but looks exclusive in black anyway nice unit

if it come in cheaper i'll get it man lol

went to iwarna today to see the LED indeed the lights looks great and the effect just like MH but start to hear some noise cause by the fan and hand touch it feel very warm leh is it the ventilation need more space but looks exclusive in black anyway nice unit

Steven,

I think regardless if you are using MH, T5, LED or even PL, there definitely be some heat dissipation.

The unit that I have => you can feel some heat but definitely not very warm.

The casing and the fans area feels just like environmental temperature.

The temperature in the heatsink is only about 33 - 35 deg cel.

The fan is quite noisy.

Maxspect has sent the new fans which they claim is more silent but it is with Dr Evil.

I have yet to try these new fans and see if there is any improvement.

Hmm pricing wise, I think it is quite competitive already.

Eco Lamps KR1 1W LED / 18 inch model - cost about $700 and most of the other brands are > $1000.

Bearing in mind that the 110W model has 36 3W LEDs and 18 months warranty, I think it is quite value for money already.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Steven,

I think regardless if you are using MH, T5, LED or even PL, there definitely be some heat dissipation.

The unit that I have => you can feel some heat but definitely not very warm.

The casing and the fans area feels just like environmental temperature.

The temperature in the heatsink is only about 33 - 35 deg cel.

The fan is quite noisy.

Maxspect has sent the new fans which they claim is more silent but it is with Dr Evil.

I have yet to try these new fans and see if there is any improvement.

Hmm pricing wise, I think it is quite competitive already.

Eco Lamps KR1 1W LED / 18 inch model - cost about $700 and most of the other brands are > $1000.

Bearing in mind that the 110W model has 36 3W LEDs and 18 months warranty, I think it is quite value for money already.

ya bro agree with u the price is indeed better than other brands.

As for the fan wise i hear not only the fan operating noise it the fan rubbing agaist something like that think the've refix the cover and nvr fix properly only.

heat wise not too sure bout the temp but really feel quite warm from the unit there maybe is the fan rubbing it and cause the heat also anyway how's ur unit doing ur corals should be smile al day long now

ya bro agree with u the price is indeed better than other brands.

As for the fan wise i hear not only the fan operating noise it the fan rubbing agaist something like that think the've refix the cover and nvr fix properly only.

heat wise not too sure bout the temp but really feel quite warm from the unit there maybe is the fan rubbing it and cause the heat also anyway how's ur unit doing ur corals should be smile al day long now

I think they did not install the fan properly.

It is quite tricky to put the fan cause the wiring can easily gets in the way.

My SPS was starting to colour up till my bicolour blenny decides to eat them :(

gotta wait a few more days I guess to tell.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Don't be mistaken. LED is also hot. But the heat doesn't come out from the bulb per se, it's more from the back. Tt's why they have heat sinks behind to draw it out and fans.

ya do know bout there is always a heat as long it emitting or rotation item just feel the heat is quite warm when i touch it but as i say maybe cause of the fan rubbing or recently weather quite cool so we'll naturelly feel more heat of the item .

really like the effect of this set tumbs up for it :eyebrow:

• SRC Member
ya do know bout there is always a heat as long it emitting or rotation item just feel the heat is quite warm when i touch it but as i say maybe cause of the fan rubbing or recently weather quite cool so we'll naturelly feel more heat of the item .

really like the effect of this set tumbs up for it :eyebrow:

Crude method of testing: as long as hand put on fixture can tahan the heat means is ok. If buitahan then LED confirm burn in no time.