Zorden Shallow tank

zorden

• SRC Member
lol dun start 'overclocking' your skimmer or pumps or something like tt...

its already watercooled , this sat helping zorden to install os, any other kakis wanna join us? he buay tahan already

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nice job. keep in mind on the maintenance part. maybe we form a grp to play hardware....lol. keep in touch and will follow yr thread. by the way, me not boss....bro will do.

actually i enjoy playing around with hardware more then keeping coral.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
nice job. keep in mind on the maintenance part. maybe we form a grp to play hardware....lol. keep in touch and will follow yr thread. by the way, me not boss....bro will do.

Solo, ati got sell its ballast and reflector. But must order from us.

i havent change the bulb yet going to change all the t5. that very siong abt having t5. its like changing 10 tubes at one time. at change it around 7-8 mths,

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

dont change at 1 shot lah , change half at a time, prevent lightshocking ur corals as well,

if not the sudden spectrum shift is not exactly very good for them as well i heard.

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member
dont change at 1 shot lah , change half at a time, prevent lightshocking ur corals as well,

if not the sudden spectrum shift is not exactly very good for them as well i heard.

now no coral leh. well will add coral slowly and real slowly...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
now no coral leh. well will add coral slowly and real slowly...

this is a sentence heard over and over again , corals adding is only limited by our wallets, because sure cannot lun 1

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member
lol +100

lol thats also the reason why i am trying very hard not to scape my new tank yet and let the rocks cook longer, because i know once its scape the road to no return begins

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Member
lol thats also the reason why i am trying very hard not to scape my new tank yet and let the rocks cook longer, because i know once its scape the road to no return begins

Words of the wise... I'm into week 3 of my rehab and feeling cold turkey effects.

Zorden, I'm sure words like Walt Smith SPS Shipment, Exotic Aussie shipment and the like will make it v. hard for you to stock slowly. :D

• SRC Member
Words of the wise... I'm into week 3 of my rehab and feeling cold turkey effects.

Zorden, I'm sure words like Walt Smith SPS Shipment, Exotic Aussie shipment and the like will make it v. hard for you to stock slowly. :D

:off:

nah, i am not excited about it lah. i am more excited about the lady who i met @ the pvc factory, she is not those pretty pretty but maybe after travelling to Gwek plastic, hai cheong then to GF factories and then back to a pvc factory again i saw one lady, she is really diff..

I was told all pretty gals working in finance sector, so i joined them. well true to certain extend but never expect to spot a gem @ those pvc factory. her smile, her eyes.. wow.. suddenly i don mind my tank being empty for months. take my time to visit the pvc factory again...

• SRC Member
wow 3 weeks seems like a record of some kind!Hhaha!I barely survived my 2 weeks of cycling!lol

Anyway bro zorden care to take a few more pics of your hanging kit...would like to do something similar..

donn lah its damn ugly.

suggestion 1: go find some guru to aid you to diy some t5 with ati reflector and ati ballast from Reefgeek.com then go a simple metal frame to support it, then customade a thin red acylic to cover it. its more then enuff. ofcoz your ballast can be place away from the light hood and a simple gieseman hanging kit will do the job.

suggestion 2: just get DE to do a lighting fixture for your needs, my canopy is very heavy which i don really understand. the carpenter told me its chengai. well i just need a simple piece of wood can liao..

4 metal cable which can support up to at least few hundreds kg for a light hood that is overkill and damn ugly.

• SRC Member

i will keep my tank almost bear and grow sps from the "sand" bed. :)

nah, i am not excited about it lah. i am more excited about the lady who i met @ the pvc factory, she is not those pretty pretty but maybe after travelling to Gwek plastic, hai cheong then to GF factories and then back to a pvc factory again i saw one lady, she is really diff..

I was told all pretty gals working in finance sector, so i joined them. well true to certain extend but never expect to spot a gem @ those pvc factory. her smile, her eyes.. wow.. suddenly i don mind my tank being empty for months. take my time to visit the pvc factory again...

wow,

haha,

got pics bo?

I know Malaysians in my industry can be quite pretty! I got like OL standard at Tampines site there. Everyday go lunch is like see show! lol

haha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
wow,

haha,

got pics bo?

I know Malaysians in my industry can be quite pretty! I got like OL standard at Tampines site there. Everyday go lunch is like see show! lol

haha

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

She not msia leh. u want what pic? pic of my tank just read the few pages, of the new item that got fabricated, need to wait.. as for the lady.. i think even wait long long, can see only..

Lol, i join u go to the factory,me on leave. Lol

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member
Lol, i join u go to the factory,me on leave. Lol

Solo its damn siong loh. imagine noon @ hai cheong, then gweick. (something like this) then late afternoon at fabricator. well.. but i am quite surprised that fabircator able to handle walk in let us. small customer.

i am thinking of asking them to customade a connector to match Schedule 80 pipe to din valve so in the future i have the option of using GF or blue FIP valve. but once again tml i will talk to the boss and see how it goes

LR inside tank liao, with the crush coral now left piping and soon my tank is good to go liao.

Solo its damn siong loh. imagine noon @ hai cheong, then gweick. (something like this) then late afternoon at fabricator. well.. but i am quite surprised that fabircator able to handle walk in let us. small customer.

i am thinking of asking them to customade a connector to match Schedule 80 pipe to din valve so in the future i have the option of using GF or blue FIP valve. but once again tml i will talk to the boss and see how it goes

LR inside tank liao, with the crush coral now left piping and soon my tank is good to go liao.

You're fast!

any scape pics? haha.

I just rescaped and epoxyed my rocks. Gonna wait till over friday or something then add water (:

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

will you be posting part 2?

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

• SRC Supporter

u din check with aquarium artist?

think u failed to plan the pvc piping well this round. but dont worry its more or less your first time.

i only got smart on this on my 4th tank onwards haha!

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
u din check with aquarium artist?

think u failed to plan the pvc piping well this round. but dont worry its more or less your first time.

i only got smart on this on my 4th tank onwards haha!

the tank connector i got from Reefdepot is VDL (a manufacturing co) din standard size. Well in SG, its easier to get GF din standards or we should go for schedule 80 items. Well, yes. its damn tiring. I travel from hai cheong to hai cheong supplier (gweick ->wrong spelling okay) and then to GF. to find the size really diff. Then i guess, VDL is not that common. But the traveling allows me to understand the diff size of the pipings, valves for GF to FIP. Well the FIP importer is really nice to explain to me for 30mins and the GF lady also very accommodating to intro to me the fabricator to solve my issue and advise me to get my ball valve and other piping in schedule 80 standards.

Well as for aquarium artist, i sms him in the morning but no reply leh then off i go for my pipe hunting. i will really call them until i cant find help. Sorry, i find the fabricator lady to sexy to deny her a chance to fabricate my piping. I will go talk to her again at 11am to confirm the final design (machine customization from VDL to Schedule 80) then it should be ready for collection on 24 Dec 2009.

Well will keep you post. Well lets see this chances of paying school FEES bah. In the past, i think there is some ###### hole who sold bleach coral (rics) to my friends and said never open.... well i almost got conned but too bad, my schedule do not allow me to meet him for the "gem" thus only my friend procure the coral and the whole world knows what kind of product he was selling and avoided the reefer item.

Yeah.. the GF ball valve really look COOL and solid unlike FIP. it make FIP ball valve a inferior product siah. but ofcoz a GF ball valve for size 40 cost around 55 and din piping must get at least 5 M. :)