Craftsman's 150 gallon/567 litre Tank (4ftx2ftx2.5ft)

craftsman

• SRC Member
thanks bro. This is very well noted. I saw a diy at Henry's place in ML where he waterproofed his sockets. Intending to do the same once I'm back from my holidays. :)

yea... the waterproofed sockets at Henrys gave me a very good idea as well...

always wanted to do that,

but never make time for it :paiseh:

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tap (at this point)

if you are spending so much already, might as well get a DI unit.

my 2 cents.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

think there is a reefer selling the deltec sulphur d right?

if its from local agent its a good deal.

i emphasis from agent because these stuffs do breakdown in time. i got a parallel import deltec skimmer years back and regret till today.

the replacement part took me 1mth to come! although i save almost 700$ from the retail agent, but my i wasted more on livestock in the end! :cry2:

getting from PetMart. :)

good price, so I rather get 1st hand

Hi Craftsman Bro

Nice to see another reefer coming onboard. Had read almost all pages of this thread. Its definite a nice setup you had made.

As some reefer had pointed out that your Electrical Sockets are slightly too low for comfort. They are directly below your water down piping which is very dangerous. Just to share my past experience of making this mistake had my Tank burnt down due to elctrical sparks (short cct). Lucky that the water pipe burst (due to the fire) and extinguish the flame. House not burnt down, however have to clean up close to 100+ litres of salt water!!!!

Now all my electrical wiring (if possible) in the tank are "sitting" in wire casing and eclectrical points are above or away from water source.

Its better be safe then sorry.

Bro, I just spent the last 2 hours moving my electrical sockets to the side of the cabinet. No more water pipes.... :upsidedown:

Bro, I just spent the last 2 hours moving my electrical sockets to the side of the cabinet. No more water pipes.... :upsidedown:

* clap clap :)

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Paul.

Nice setup marine tank you got there. Agree with them, really DEEP POCKET. :P I'm still in planted tank. Maybe one day i will setup a marine tank in future. LOL... :rolleyes:

yo Adrian! So nice to see you here! First post some more! Wah.... I feel so privilege. :upsidedown:

yo Adrian! So nice to see you here! First post some more! Wah.... I feel so privilege. :upsidedown:

LOL... Joined this forum quite sometime ago, didnt have chance to involve and got stuck with planted tank after that. Now seeing you seriously invested in reef tank, maybe next time if i setup a reef tank i need your help. So Viper also in marine now? Btw I'm invited for an interview for ADA Aqua Journal vol.172 on Iwagumi, this month issue.

LOL... Joined this forum quite sometime ago, didnt have chance to involve and got stuck with planted tank after that. Now seeing you seriously invested in reef tank, maybe next time if i setup a reef tank i need your help. So Viper also in marine now? Btw I'm invited for an interview for ADA Aqua Journal vol.172 on Iwagumi, this month issue.

Viper not biting the Marine bug. :) but you're sure welcome anytime if you r moving over to marine. Maybe can try marine and Iwagumi! :)

Wah.... ADA sia! How cool is that!? Got online version or must go buy a copy?

Viper not biting the Marine bug. :) but you're sure welcome anytime if you r moving over to marine. Maybe can try marine and Iwagumi! :)

Wah.... ADA sia! How cool is that!? Got online version or must go buy a copy?

You can go online order when they launch sometime this month, vol.172 this month launch anytime. Was ranked 60 in IAPLC 2009 for my Iwagumi.

I did a test on the effluence of my Deltec Denitrator this evening, after having it run for 7 days. On day 1, Nitrate levels were at 25ppm. This evening, Nitrate reading was 0ppm!!!! :eyebrow: Cool!

I tested the main water body, and Nitrate is still in the 20ppm range. Will slowly rank up the output to 3 to 5 drops per second.

Some Update photos... :rolleyes:

Front Tank Shot...

4197605396_78b0bd8749_b.jpg

Hawaii Yellow Tang

4196835385_fd3fcdf6fb_b.jpg

Yellow Tang and Sailfin Tang having a beauty contest

4196831085_b1f49348c5_b.jpg

Nice tank brO! Agree with reddevil, seem like zoos may have hidden some nudi in it. Anyway thats not a haddoni but a gigantea. Gigantea are much more delicate than haddoni and they require really strong lightning :rolleyes:

My Clown pair comfortably on the Blue Haddoni Carpet

4197589008_39148c93d9_b.jpg

Some Coral photos now...

4196831889_e01f08d535_b.jpg

4197587500_f4451d4cde_b.jpg

4197588060_aac016ef3d_b.jpg

4196833701_9a3417c428_b.jpg

4197590884_0a2cc14dfe_b.jpg

4197586198_0c26ca611b_b.jpg

Wahh.. i love the carpet anemone!! thinking of getting 1 for my pair of black ocellaris... Nice shot of the yellow clown goby... i would love to try and keep those when i have some sps for them to perch/hide :)

thanks ketchup! :rolleyes:

on the clown goby, you don't have to wait till you have sps. They will make do with most rocks or hard corals. They are really cute!

The haddoni carpets arn't always available. You see many gigantic carroundaboutround though. The last I checked, Henry still has 1 or 2 haddonis. You can wait for some really nice coloured haddonis to appear though. :smile:

• SRC Member
thanks ketchup! :rolleyes:

on the clown goby, you don't have to wait till you have sps. They will make do with most rocks or hard corals. They are really cute!

The haddoni carpets arn't always available. You see many gigantic carroundaboutround though. The last I checked, Henry still has 1 or 2 haddonis. You can wait for some really nice coloured haddonis to appear though. :smile:

Yeah.. Henry has a very nice giant carpet previously... but i feel it's too big.. Does haddonis grow very big as well>?

they can grow up to a foot and a half, from what I read.

Compared to RBTA/BTA are they some what easy to take care of and did henry stick the anemone on the rock first before you bought it or it just happen to be in the centre?

Compared to RBTA/BTA are they some what easy to take care of and did henry stick the anemone on the rock first before you bought it or it just happen to be in the centre?

No experience with RBTA/BTA..... sorry, can't comment. The haddoni was already on a rock, and Henry was about to remove it from the rock when I decided to buy the rock as well so as not to stress the animal further. :)

I placed the rock with the animal in the centre of the tank. It didn't move after that.

No experience with RBTA/BTA..... sorry, can't comment. The haddoni was already on a rock, and Henry was about to remove it from the rock when I decided to buy the rock as well so as not to stress the animal further. :)

I placed the rock with the animal in the centre of the tank. It didn't move after that.

ok thx

Some updates....

New corals from GO.... been with me since Christmas.....

4259551864_814e6de364.jpg

Another shot...

4259551486_fe73f4b07e.jpg

Bright Lime Green piece...

4259552188_53a9ef388f.jpg

Dark maroon Monti...

4259553204_7afe57064e.jpg

Beautiful Brown Monti with Bright blue Polyps!!!

4258796387_35975492ba.jpg

Incredible Bright Blue Zoa with Orange centre!

4259554108_eb10e222d0.jpg

Tubbs Blue with Luminous Green Zoas!

4259554474_c48ab2e289.jpg

• SRC Member
Some updates....

New corals from GO.... been with me since Christmas.....

Tubbs Blue with Luminous Green Zoas!

4259554474_c48ab2e289.jpg

Is that the original rock???

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.